Chapter 17
2.1k 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***

Some time passed, and I was in the car with Margaret.

She seemed very happy after we both enjoyed our company.

"You don't need to bother doing this. "

"No, I have to take you. But, are you sure I don't need to come too? "

"If you come along, there will be great panic. I should have come alone. "

"Okay. "

After that, Margaret's car stopped near Herman's house.

"Are you sure ?."

"Yes, this is more than enough. I'm sorry for always bothering you. "

"Don't say that; from now on, tell me if you need anything. "

"Yes, I will be very grateful to you, Margaret. "

I stepped out of the car, but this time she grabbed my hand and kissed me back.

"just go without doing this, don't forget that you are my girlfriend now. "

I still can't believe we've done that.

"Yes, I'm sorry. "

"Don't apologize too much, then goodbye. Don't forget, call me again. If you arrive late, I will spam all your accounts. "

Rather than being protective, this seemed like a threat to me.

"Okay, I'll let you know later. "

"Maybe I'll miss you..."

Her face looked cute when she said that.

However, I just stroked her head.

"Don't worry; there's still tomorrow. We will meet again. "

After I said that, she stopped acting selfishly.

"Bye-bye, Rainier. "

"Yes, be careful on the road. "

Then, I got out of the car to head to Herman's house.

Arriving there, I touched the bell of Herman's house again.

So, what plan has worked? I have no idea what he thought when he brought up my name.

The door to his house was open; I saw Herman's mother again.

"Rainier, you've finally come too. I already know everything, don't worry. We will always support you. "

"uhh...."

I didn't understand at all what Herman's mother was saying.

"I think it's better to let Herman explain; for now, go in first. "

"Ah, yes..."

As expected, Herman must have said something to his parents. But, what he wants has to do with me. Bringing in someone who was at a lower level was indeed something that was often done to persuade someone.

In there, I saw Herman's father too.

"Rainier, long time no see. "

He sat sipping hot tea.

"Sorry to interrupt. "

"It's okay; you must have come because of Herman's invitation, right. He's been waiting for you. "

"Yes. "

Talking to Herman's father was something I rarely did because he was busy himself.

Then, I just went up to go to Herman's room.

There, he was still busy with his work.

"So, what did you say to your parents? "

"Finally, you came too; why should it be this afternoon. "

"I have a small affair, I told you before; I'll stop by if I have free time. "

"But never mind, my purpose for calling you here is that I managed to persuade my parents. "

"Uh, congrats then. "

"Why is your response so flat? "

"I'm a little suspicious of the reason for your success."

"It can't be helped, and you're a sound bargaining chip with my parents; if I tell them that my purpose for staying here is to help you, then it's sure that they will agree. "

"I see; I thought you would do that. But, are you sure. That great opportunity will not come twice, you know. "

I just opened the jar of food.

"I don't care about that; being a freelancer makes me accessible in determining the direction of my life. After all, I don't want to regret the life I chose. "

"What way of life do you choose..."

I'm starting to understand about it, maybe if I didn't see Margaret today. I guess I'll probably stay in the same position as before.

"Next, the thing I offer them is to make a joint effort. With your knowledge, we can start a company from scratch. "

"You intend to do that? "

This is starting to make me doubt.

"Yeah, because you just lost your job. So, we will create new jobs for the people here. How is my plan? "

However, I felt compelled to tell him that.

"I don't think I can join your plan, Herman. "

"Uh, why? is there still something missing? "

He seemed taken aback by my sudden refusal.

"It's not a matter of the lack of your plans, but this morning I got another job offer. At least, the conditions given and the income was far higher than what I had previously earned. "

"Ah, I understand. At least, I will still ask for your help even though it will interfere with your work time. "

Still, he forced me to do it.

"I do not know where I will be accepted. Most companies that open vacancies are out of town. I didn't want to leave my mother myself, but I was also at a loss as to what to do. "

"You'd better come with me, even though we're opening a small company. if we manage to move on the right path, maybe you don't have to worry about our income anymore. "

"I can't just say yes, because my mother has heard of this. I'd better discuss this with her. "

"I'm sorry for acting like that without asking you first. "

"No, you're not wrong. Just give me some time to think about it. "

"Yeah, think about it with a cool head. Whatever choice you make. You are still my friend. "

"Thank you, Herman. Is that all you talk to me about?"

"It's just that, though I think it might surprise you. I guess I was in too much of a hurry to do anything. Even so, why do you look so tired? "

"Ah, yes, I'm in a bit of a tricky situation. So, both my mind and my energy were forced to keep going. "

"If that's the case, I'm sorry I disturbed your time. You better go home first. Do I need to take you?"

"No need, sorry if I can't give you the answer now. "

"It's okay; why do you seem to be talking to a stranger like this, Rainier. Cheer up, how's the Light Novel I lent you earlier? "

"Yeah, the sequel is perfect. "

"That's right; I don't think one day will be enough for you to understand the whole plot. You'd better reread it to calm yourself down. "

"That's exactly what I planned. If so, I'll go home first. "

"I will accompany you. "

The two of us then went downstairs; there were already Herman's parents sitting together. She seems to be waiting for an answer to what Herman said to me.

"How is Rainier?."

When Herman's mother asked, I hesitated to open my mouth.

"Nier is not feeling well today, mother and father. Can we talk about it after he's a bit better? "

Herman told them that.

"Is that so? if it's not healthy, Rainier shouldn't have to force himself to come here. "

"That's right; we can hear it next time. "

Herman's mother and father looked worried at me; they seemed like good parents.

"Yes, I'm sorry. "

That's all I can say.

"Therefore, I asked him to rest immediately. So let him go, huh. "

So this is the real goal.

"Be careful on the road, Rainier, Herman take him. "

"Okay, ma'am. "

We both left Herman's house.

When I was outside, I could finally breathe a sigh of relief.

"It seems I'm not too bothered for now. "

"At least they're apprehensive about you. So say your answer when everything is ready. "

"Yes, I will contact you as soon as everything is ready. "

"Good, now are you sure you don't want me to take you home? "

"No, I don't want to bother you anymore. "

"What are you saying? You don't bother me at all. "

"At least, enjoy your time when you're not working. Only then can we stay sane in a world like this. "

"Why do you sound like someone who has lost hope like this. "

"Perhaps it would be more appropriate to call it a speech from a person who is confused because he is faced with a good choice. "

"Haha, that's right. "

"Then I'll go first. See you again. "

"Yes, because they told me to take you. I'd better go to the convenience store to buy something so as not to be suspicious. "

"Sneaky. "

20