Chapter 18
2k 8 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Because who am I to do this. "

After saying that, we gave a high five.

"See you later."

"Yeah."

Then, we walked off in different directions.

I began to feel the fate that I was experiencing now began to change for the better.

Oddly enough, I'm always confused by the choices I have to make. When I think about it, two things are my priority, however, with Margaret acting independently. I thought, what is it like to be happy.

If she is a Heroine for me, then I'll be very grateful to God for bringing her to me at the right time.

At a time like this, there is a place I want to go.

A few moments later, I felt a gust of wind that felt very cold in the afternoon. Soon winter will come, at least I want to enjoy my alone time here.

Watching the waves from a tranquil beach like this makes me think that I haven't changed at all.

Confess with nature while venting the various feelings I feel.

However, this time there were quite many seagulls flying in the sky this afternoon. This is an unusual sight to see.

I just sat quietly staring out at sea as I did that. I thought back to the things I had done with Margaret before. I'd better not think about it in advance.

Suddenly, my smartphone vibrated again. When I looked at the incoming call, it was from the person I was just thinking of.

When I picked up the phone, I heard a charming voice.

"I miss you..."

"hey-hey, even though we just separated a few hours ago. "

"I'll turn it into a video call, okay? "

"No need, you just want to talk, right? "

"That's what I want. "

In the end, we just kept talking until, without realizing it, the day turned into night, the wind was getting colder and colder.

"Looks like we've been talking for too long. I'll close it first. "

"No, keep it up like this. I want to spend a lot of time with you. "

Why is she so pushy like this?

"But, it's a bit difficult. "

"Never mind, just do it. I beg you. "

"Okay, I'll do it. "

I immediately stood up and walked home while answering the phone.

I kept walking while she called.

"So, you got an offer from your close friend? "

"Yeah, that's why I'm confused about my current choice. At least she would understand. "

" means Herman is a good friend to you; he can give you time even though you have made him act with it. "

"That's why I feel bad for him. I'll close it; I'll be crossing the road soon. "

" do not.... "

Right after I heard Margaret's voice, I felt something strange.

Suddenly, a man wearing a thick jacket ran up to me. If I turn around now, I won't have time to dodge. At least, I could tell from the white glint it carried,

The distance between us was only a few meters, so I decided to wait for an opening for his attack.

When the blade is visible, I'll take advantage of it.

Without even turning around, I kicked with the back of my right foot towards the hand of the person who was about to attack me.

The knife itself flew into the air, then I twisted my body and took advantage of this momentum to kick the suspicious person in the waist.

His body, much bigger than mine. However, his movements were slow enough to respond to my movements.

"Rainier, what is that sound? "

It looks like my phone is still connected to Margaret.

"Heh, it turns out you've been following me, huh. What is your purpose ?."

"I didn't think; it turns out that my target can defend. "

Even though I'm just making random moves from the Light Novels I've read before, I don't have any skills at it. Using a hunch to withstand a knife stab is stupid if I don't rely on my luck.

"I mean, that's what you were after from me the start. "

"Well, I shouldn't talk too much with my target. Die. "

He ran back towards me; now it's time to do the primary strategy to run away from him.

I ran as fast as I could to get away from him, even though I was already 188 cm tall. But he's still much bigger than me. Will I survive if he keeps chasing me?

At least, I should buy some time to ask other people for help.

When I look back, it seems that the distance between us is getting farther away. It looks like the steps I took worked. This way, I can save myself first.

I took this opportunity to talk to Margaret.

"Margaret, I need your help. Call the police…."

"Did someone attack you? "

"yes...."

Before I could continue my words, I heard gunshots coming from that person's direction.

"It was a gunshot; Rainier, did you get shot?."

She just kept talking to me.

However, I felt excruciating pain. These deep gunshot wounds were excruciating.

However, I bit my tongue to hold back my scream.

"Oh, you're great too. It doesn't scream even though it's been shot by me. It looks like I need to punch a hole in your body again. "

At least, there's only one thing I can do right now.

I made a diversion by moving my right foot, but what I was aiming for was...

There was another gunshot, but this time I was able to dodge it because I immediately ran at high speed to head to the left.

"Tch, then you must be there. If you run away, I will kill your mother. "

That person seems to be chasing me in another way.

However, my mind was greatly disturbed by that person's words.

He was aiming after my mom.

As I kept running, I finally managed to scream.

"It hurts so bad…; why am I being shot by an unknown person like this? Anyone help me. "

I can't move my left hand anymore; my blood keeps pouring down. Should I go to the hospital, but I'm not sure that person will stop chasing me. But, there's no other choice if I'm late. Then I will only risk my mother's life. I don't want that to happen; I better hold it here.

However, when I turned back. That person has disappeared.

"Damn, I have to go home soon."

Meanwhile, I kept thinking. I just heard Margaret's voice that has been screaming ever since.

"Rainier, answer me… please…."

"Margaret..."

"Thank God you're still alive. Did you get shot? "

"Yeah, it hurts. It looks like I managed to escape his pursuit this time, but I don't know how long I can hold out. "

"Keep running, Rainier; I have contacted the police and special forces. They'll be coming to your position any minute. "

"No, just direct them to my house. Protect my mother's condition first. "

"But, we don't know that person is after you or your mother. Maybe he'll get in your way after this. "

"Listen, I'm going to keep running while keeping my life alive. Therefore, I will return home to check on my mother's condition, so I hope you comply with my request. "

"Okay, I understand. I'll tell them, stay alive, dear. Don't hang up. "

"yes..."

Even though I said that my body started to go limp, it looks like I've lost a lot of blood while running. Just using my right hand to slow down the blood flow wouldn't give me enough time to figure out my mom's condition.

After running through a few blocks, I first confirmed the area of ​​the road near my house. It was quiet as usual, even though it was only 7 pm. no suspicious signs. It seems I managed to escape from his pursuit, and he still hasn't arrived yet.

I decided to run again to go to the front door.

I knocked on the door generally so as not to worry mom.

After waiting for a while, my mother finally opened the door.

"Ara, Rainier. Welcome....."

She looked surprised when she saw my condition.

"Mom, are you okay? "

However, my pain started to dissipate when I saw my mother's condition

"Yes, mom, it's okay. But, what happened to you, Nier..., why are your hands covered in blood like that. "

"I'm grateful....."

A moment later, I heard gunshots again for the second time. This time it was sure that this shot was aimed at me again. I can't dodge.

If I change positions, indeed, the bullet will penetrate the mother's body. I can't let her get hurt because of me.

So, I hugged mom tightly while receiving the second shot from that person with my back.

"Nier...."

"Stay with me, mother, don't worry about anything anymore. "

"But, you're hurt..., I can't let you..."

However, I tightened my grip on her. I'm afraid if she escapes from my arms. Mother will go away from me.

I heard the sound of footsteps again from the people chasing me.

"Even two shots still can't make you scream in pain. Can't you feel Rainier Beringer's pain? "

"This is nothing, rather than the suffering my mother went through. So what's your point in doing this, bastard? "

"Even though your condition is like this, you still ask about it. Funny, but the information I got from my client was accurate. If I go to your house, I will be able to find you. "

Even so, I saw the frightened face of my mother.

"Nier….., let's go to the hospital immediately. I won't let you feel any more pain…."

Seeing her worried about me made me want to protect her even more. However, I don't have the energy anymore. Just standing up was hard; if not for my mother, I might have fallen a long time ago.

"It's okay, mom, stay in my arms. "

"hoh, this is acting like a hero, huh. It seems my client is vile. Even though some are ordinary people like you, they still want to rob other people of happiness. I think I'm much better than that guy."

He again said something that should be his secret.

"Heh, so I was targeted because of that; it seems that person has a grudge against me, huh. "

Then, from far away, I heard the sound of police car sirens, even I could hear the sound of several helicopters from in front of me. It only took a little longer for us to survive.

"Tch, you called the police. But, since when?."

"I think it's the sound of the firefighters; why do you look scared like that. "

"Nonsense, it's time to finish you off. "

He drew his second weapon and fired both guns simultaneously.

However, I don't know where the power comes from. I managed to push my mother down with me to the left side.

"the same will not happen a second time. "

Then, he quickly shot again to where I was. This time, I didn't dodge, so all the bullets pierced my body just like that.

I couldn't hear another sound anymore; my vision was getting blurry. However, all I know is protecting mom is something I have to do.

Until it made me unconsciously move to hug with my left hand that had been shot.

"Aree…, my hand should hurt. But, why can't I feel anything anymore? "

All I could see was my mother's crying face; she seemed to be very worried about me.

Due to various reasons, it seems that the situation has been brought under control. I could faintly see several helicopters dropping troops from above. Some of them started to lay me down. It seems my consciousness is still holding on.

"Nier…, hold on…, don't go. "

Finally, I could hear some voices.

Then, those people wearing combat clothes started to check my condition. There was so much light shining on my residence; it looked like there was a party; our family wouldn't be able to do that.

"The wound is severe; we have to take action. Bring a stretcher and surgical equipment immediately. "

The people started shouting something like that.

A few moments later, I saw Margaret's face; she saw my condition while crying. Ah, why are women so whiny.

Then, Margaret raised my left hand while still crying.

This time, I can finally hear everyone's voices.

"Rainier…, I'm sorry. If only I immediately realized this….., surely…."

She just kept on babbling like this. At least, I have something to tell them.

I used my remaining strength to move my hands.

In response to my condition, both mother and Margaret seemed pleased.

"Nier, keep on like this. You will be healthy again, so please don't be as silent as before. "

"Rainier, I'm sorry…sorry…."

The two of them kept saying things that worried me.

However, I have to tell them this, or I will regret it for the rest of my life.

I caught my breath while I could, then I said this.

"Mother and Margaret, I love and cherish you. I hope you will forgive a useless idiot like me. "

Then, I couldn't hear a single sound coming back.

Ah, it's for sure I'm going to die soon. In the end, I became a disobedient child to my parents huh. Mom forgives me because I failed to make you happy for the rest of your life, then for Margaret, I hope you can forgive me even though I promised before that I will always protect you, it seems you fell in love with a useless person like me. I hope you can find a man much better than me. Thank you for everything; I hope you won't forget me. Everything started to turn darker; I couldn't take it anymore. Leaving with their sobs is so unpleasant; I wish I could disappear like a cat so they wouldn't worry about me.

Thus, this is the end of the history of Rainier Beringer.

28