Chapter 19
2.1k 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***

In the middle of the night, I realized that my body was being swallowed by something. Of course, it's my sin because I failed to fulfill my responsibility to replace my father.

At least, that's all I can think of. Continue to be in a dark place with no direction. It's the right place for me.

However, when I was silent while lamenting my fate like this. A small light suddenly appeared in front of me.

The light started to suck me in to go somewhere. The black mud that had trapped me began to disappear by itself.

I felt like I was entering a very dark passage, but I could see the swift movement of the stars in all directions. There were only two possibilities, either all the dots of light moving past me or me moving much faster.

Of course, the second option is the most reasonable. Where will I go?

After being at this pace for quite some time, I was getting bored. As if understanding what I was thinking, the circumstances around me began to move much faster than before.

I started experiencing something similar to turbulence when at high speed, but what happened. Spirits shouldn't experience things like this; I shouldn't have a physical body to feel them.

Then, the views around me began to change. There is only a room full of white. There's nothing in it but me.

When I tried to see my body, I could see my hands and feet. It seems that my body is still intact, but that's not it. Where am I ?. is this some kind of waiting room before I head to another realm.

Suddenly there was a voice that sounded from various.

"You arrived too, welcome Rainier Beringer. "

The voice of a man sounded so clear to me.

Then, a bright light suddenly appeared in front of me.

I had to close my eyes so I wouldn't feel the pain.

After I was pretty sure the light was starting to disappear, I peeked a little through the gap of my finger.

"Looks like you haven't changed at all. It is okay now. "

I can see a man wearing noble clothes sitting on a very majestic chair. Judging from his face, he was a typical handsome blonde-haired guy. I remembered something about this.

"Did you just die too? "

"Why do you think like that? "

He looked confused by my attitude.

"I thought you were a duke of the British Commonwealth or something; I guess we should talk to each other so we don't get bored while waiting in line. "

"What are you saying, woiii? I am the god of the world. Why do I have to line up with you? "

He was angry with me.

"Why does it have to be a man, even though from every light novel I read there will be a big-breasted Megami who will guide me, can I ask for someone like that to replace you? "

"Yosh, I guess I shouldn't have brought you here. "

It looks like he's about to kick me out. But that's what I want.

When he pointed his palm at me, he looked surprised.

"What is your goal? "

"I don't understand what you mean. "

Continuing to play dumb is the only way I can be eliminated.

"You can't lie to me; why are you not happy with what you're going through right now. "

"I found out; I just wanted to disappear because I failed to make my mother happy. "

For some reason, my tears just fell when I said that.

"Even you are still worried about the people who have a relationship with you. It's my first time seeing someone like you. "

"So, is there still a chance for me to come back? "

"I can't do that; now you're dead. Your body is already buried. "

"Oh, I see. "

"At least you don't have to worry anymore. Since everyone will leave behind precious memories, I think your mother already feels happy after being with you all this time. "

"Yeah…, I hope so…."

"Now, back to the main topic. Since we don't have much time, I'll just say a few important things. "

"Can you destroy me? "

"Of course I won't do that; if I do that, my actions to bring you here will be in vain. "

He stood up from his chair angrily.

"So you brought me here, huh?"

"Yes, there is one thing you must do. I will give you a second chance to live in another world. "

"I think I can treat this wound in my heart there. "

Still, I felt my chest hurt a lot from leaving them like that without leaving enough legacy for my mother's life.

"Oh my gosh, I know how sad you are. How about we make a pact? I will help your mother and those close to you in exchange for you to obey my orders. "

This time I looked him straight in the eye. I think I've seen that eye color before, but where?

"You can do that, okay I'll agree to whatever you want. "

I just ran in front of the god holding his hand.

"Why do you underestimate me? I'm a god, you know. "

"Still, I know there's a limit to what you can do. So, I'm pleased if you say that. "

"Even you underestimate a god-like me; it seems that your mindset does need to be changed with new experiences. "

"So, can you promise that? "

"Yes, I will make your mother live comfortably with money and happiness, then regarding your friend named Herman, I will also help her. Is there anything else I need to do there? "

"Nothing else, that's all I'm worried about. "

"I see, then in return for my favor. You will be my slave. "

My head was confused by this person's words.

"No, I'm not gay. "

"Not like that; it seems that this is indeed my fault for not saying it clearly. In essence, I want you to do as you please in that new world. Even so, I want you to bear the status of my slave. "

"Oh, I see. I see that means I was told to enjoy life there?. "

"More or less, but there are things you should do while there. I'm asking you for help because I can't interfere in the human world. "

He looks restless.

"but, if only to enjoy life. I guess that's too easy. "

"About that, don't worry. I've prepared a role for you. After this, your soul will be in a new body, so you must like it. "

"Hah? are you kidding me? "

"no, even her breast size is K cup. Are you still refusing?"

Simultaneously we both high-fived each other.

"This seems interesting. You do know the dream of the modern adam. "

"Don't underestimate an experienced god like me, though I still can't believe I had to do this for it to happen. But this is my choice. "

"What do you mean ?."

"It's nothing, I just mumbled to myself. After this, you will live again in the body of a 21-year-old girl. Your current name is Ameyama Mamiko, one of the Daimyo commanders of the Dazaifu empire. "

"Wait a minute, does that mean possessing the girl's soul? "

"Looks like our time is up; get ready, Mamiko. Your mission now is to survive until you meet a woman in the same country as you. Don't forget this. "

Suddenly he pushed me with only one hand, but the force was so great that I could bounce.

In a slow tempo, when the distance between him and me is pretty far. I saw a black-robed creature carrying a sizeable black scythe suddenly appear before me while swinging his scythe from the side.

"What is the Angel of Death? "

When it saw me, the angel of death began to fly towards me.

Suddenly, the god was in front of me, and he caught the end of the scythe with his hand.

The two of them were attacking each other with fast movements. I couldn't see what was going on.

Then, my collar was just pulled by the god. Then, he said something.

"Listen, after this, maybe you will be in a slavery camp. Use all means to escape until you meet the person I was referring to earlier. "

"But, why is that? "

"There's no more time. "

He just threw me into the dimensional hole he just made.

At the last moment, I could see that the angel of death had blocked the entrance to the dimensional hole.

But, in an instant, the god kicked the angel of death to widen the way out.

However, I realized that suddenly many other angels of death appeared in front of me. It seemed I did have to run away as quickly as possible.

For the second time, I was again swallowed into what looked like a dimensional rift.

My vision went dark again; it seemed like I was about to lose consciousness once again, still. Going through a situation like this made me even more convinced that something I was dealing with was troublesome.

A few moments later, my consciousness began to fade.

***

Behind the darkness, I began to feel the sensation of pain and cold at the same time.

What is this thing that bothers me? As I came to my senses, I could hear the voices of several men.

"Wake up Miss, are you still tired since last night? "

I could see several men in shabby clothes standing in front of me.

One of them suddenly threw a bucket filled with freezing water at my body.

"It's cold...."

When I tried to shiver, as usual, I couldn't move my hands at all.

Wait a minute; I can understand what he's talking about. This is weird, but what I should hear is a new language.

"Hahaha, still fighting, huh. Even though it's been for some time, after this, there will be punishment for you again; keep holding on. All of you, let's go. "

The three of them then turned around and left me.

Damn, why did they do this to me? Even so, I felt something strange. The room I was in was like a prison cell.

24