Chapter 36
868 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So that's what you mean, I didn't expect you to know that far. It was right to force you to come with me. "

"What are you saying Mafalda, I was just doing my job. So this has nothing to do with you. "

"Okay, I understand. So, is that all you want to say? "

"I think that's all, the rest we will know if we go deeper. "

"As Lawless said, it seems we can continue on Master Severo's journey. "

"Then let's go further. "

In the end, the two of them understood the situation that was going on; this would make it much easier for me because there were enough people who could make the right decisions. This adventure will be enjoyable.

We continued our journey, even though this was only one of the challenges that might exist. However, there were already many other adventurers looking for something from the Rats Skall carcass. It seemed that they hoped to find a lot of treasure here.

Arriving at a crossroads, I realized something.

"Are we surrounded?"

"It seems so, the number of enemies far exceeds us. "

Lawless immediately drew his sword.

"Everyone, be alert. "

After I shouted that, all the adventurers started to prepare to face the hiding monsters.

"From the smell alone, it's really stinging. Looks like they just had a big meal. "

Right after Mafalda said that I realized it.

"Master Severo, upstairs. "

I also looked up when I realized there were a lot of Humanoid bats staring at us.

Our red eyes intimidate a lot of people. Because their shape is so disgusting, I want to finish them off quickly.

Moments later, all the humanoid bats flew and charged towards our group.

I immediately drew my sword and launched a special skill of mine.

"Last Breath. "

I unleashed a death aura emanating from my sword with a horizontal slash.

When my attack hit all the humanoid bats, they fell and died.

"Master Severo, you are terrific. "

Mafalda praises my attack.

"It's nothing, but I'm quite worried about their number. "

Right now, there were a lot of those monsters that kept getting killed when I noticed there were a lot of them running backward.

"Master Severo, we are fortunate enough to be in this narrow space. "

Even Lawless has noticed my attack range; he is indeed great.

"Yes, we are lucky. If we get ambushed again, I guess I won't be able to protect everyone. "

"At the very least, please use your abilities when we are in a pinch. Because if you lose, it's all over. "

Lawless just walked past me.

It seemed he did understand the situation we were in right now.

"Master Severo, let's follow Lawless. "

"Yes, I'm coming. "

We also followed Lawless; he chose to keep moving forward for some reason. Is it possible that only this path has no pitfalls?

After walking through this fairly dark road for quite a while, we finally arrived at a large gap in front of us.

The wind from there was blowing very hard.

All the torches we used were extinguished instantly when hit by a huge gust of wind.

Most adventurers seemed to panic about this; I guess it was quite natural since our position was really in danger if we weren't alert.

"Apparently, I understand why they went this way. "

When I heard Lawless talking alone, I immediately ran to catch up with him.

When I got near him, I saw something extraordinary.

"What the hell, why is there a hole this big here. "

A few moments later, Mafalda followed me.

"This is a lie, right, how come the dungeon can be this wide. "

We were both shocked by what we saw.

Right below us is a cliff. There is no way to descend; from the front, what I see is something that looks like a huge mountain crater, but there is only thick darkness inside this crater.

"Apparently, the core of this dungeon is down there. "

"Is it true that Lawless?, it seems we still have a long way to go. "

Honestly, I was a little nervous when I realized the shape of this place. If the slightest misstep, the lives of all could be threatened. Because only a few of my group members can fly using magic.

"Right below there, there are so many of high leveled monsters, ranging from level 80 to 200, what the heck. Why do we have to deal with them? "

When I saw Lawless's face, he looked very nervous.

"Even so, we've arrived here. If we just back off, I don't think everyone will agree. "

"There is one thing you need to know hero Severo. It seems that the enemy already knew of our arrival. Those humanoid bats must have told another monster, now i understand they reason chose this path. "

I guess some things are beyond Lawless' calculations.

"So, what should we do, Master Severo?."

When Mafalda asked me that, I had absolutely no idea.

"Lawless, do you have a plan? "

"I do have one, I'm just not sure it's going to turn out well. "

"Just say it, I'll consider it. "

This is much better than going on without a plan.

"We'd better find another way. Therefore, we must choose to explore all areas by dividing the group or focusing all our strengths on only one path that we choose with careful consideration. "

"Hoh, that's a great plan. I'm quite confused about that myself. "

In the end, I couldn't make a decision quickly.

Moments later, Lavey came to see me.

"Master Severo, the group members asked why we stopped here. What should I tell them?. "

"About that, tell them we will turn around. This is a dead end here. "

"Okay, I'll tell them. "

Lavey went back after receiving my order.

"Even so, I'm a little worried about one thing. "

"What are you worried about Lawless? "

"Actually, are we currently being framed. Because our current position is really surrounded if they intend to attack. "

"If they really intend to attack us, it will be much easier to do so if they go through the front. "

Right after I said this, suddenly, the ground around us shook again for the second time.

"Damn, it turns out they use it. "

Then, Lawless put his ear on the ground.

"From behind, yes, but how can that be. "

"Master Severo, I think there are two giant stones rolling down from behind. "

"I'll take care of it. "

I immediately ran as fast as I could; it didn't take me long to get to the back of the group.

Just as Lawless said, it seemed that the second stone was hidden behind him.

I slashed in all directions while pulling out my mana a little. It didn't take long; the two large stones were cut into smaller pieces.

All the frightened adventurers began to realize that I was the one who stopped them.

 

 

 

 

"Severo Hero..."

"We are safe, thank you hero. "

Everyone said something related to it to me.

It's just; I'm a little curious about this.

"Master Severo, are you all right? "

"Maestra yes, everything is fine. do not worry. "

"Apparently, this place is really dangerous. "

"I'm starting to feel the challenge of being in an SSS dungeon. I think this will be fun. "

Moments later, Mafalda and Lawless caught up with me.

"I don't think there will be any further attacks. "

Lawless was seen observing in all directions.

"Just as you said Lawless, it seems the situation is safe. "

"Thank God, you're okay Master Severo. "

"Mafalda, activate your long-range reconnaissance magic again. "

"Okay, I'll do it. "

Right after Mafalda activated her ability, I touched her shoulder.

As expected, several goblins were running towards the right. It turns out they did it were the ones who arranged this attack.

"Master Severo, should we go after them? "

"No, we have to think about how to escape the trap that has been prepared. We should focus on finding a safe way. "

"Understood, I will monitor further. "

"That's enough Mafalda, just save your mana for more important things. "

I removed my hand from his shoulder and looked back at Lawless.

"Do you have a plan against them Lawless?."

"I do have a plan, at least we should head to the area beforehand. "

"Okay, let's go. "

We all returned to the previous intersection.

Just as I saw with Mafalda, a button appeared to our right.

"So this is how to activate the trap, I think secretly the monsters here have quite high intelligence. "

I just focused on paying attention to the button that just appeared.

"Master Severo, it seems they have set up another trap. We have to put bait to lure the trap to activate. "

"Yes, what should I do? "

"Nothing, I've had enough. "

Lawless again drew his sword; then, he took out one of his abilities.

"Zamp Pagna. "

It was a vertical slash of fire launched from Lawless's sword. However, the moment I saw the effect of the attack, the shape of the slash started to change from a vertical line to a circle by itself.

With that, the flames that burst out enveloped the entire entrance of the area the goblins had previously passed through.

Then, it sounded like there were countless traps active.

Many arrows were pointing in various directions, then some spears suddenly appeared from the ground, and there was lightning magic that shot in multiple directions from the place where the attack had just passed.

"Sure, if we just pass by. we will get quite a lot of casualties. "

 

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to follow, favorite, rate.

7