Chapter 37
856 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Honestly, I'm happy because Lawless helped me to be able to get through the various obstacles that exist.

"It seems, everything has been activated Master Severo. We can continue our journey. "

However, I have to say something before we continue.

"Everyone, listen to me. This is your chance to rethink. Would you like to continue to enter the dungeon with us or stand guard outside. As you can see, the danger level here is really high. I can barely even guarantee your safety."

I say this so that no one will sacrifice their lives for nothing.

As I thought, most of the adventurers who came with me looked confused.

Even so, it's something I have to do.

"Master Severo, you are so kind. "

"I'm just saying it as it is, of course it will be their own decision to come with us or not. "

"Yes, even if there are only a few people left. I will still help you. "

"Thank you Mafalda, I will hope you. "

For a moment, some of them started to answer my question.

"We will stay with you Hero Severo, because we are ready to sacrifice our lives to be able to fight with you. "

"Me too, we were all determined to do this from the start. We are not afraid of anything anymore. "

All the other adventurers also exchanged words; it seemed that my aim of shaking their resolve had failed.

That means I have to live up to their expectations.

"Then let's go. "

"Yes. "

With everyone's answer, we went back to continue our journey.

***

I remember it again, a memory of the past that I've been through.

As usual, I sat alone near a tree in my house area. Continuing to relax while enjoying the changing seasons I spend doing this feels very valuable.

After this, usually, I would read a recipe to cook food to increase my abilities, but why am I suddenly remembering all these things.

A few moments later, I woke up.

When I came to my senses, I saw Ludmilla peeking at something outside.

"Areee…, how long did I sleep…, Ludmilla…."

While I was trying to gather my consciousness, Ludmilla came closer to me.

"Mamiko, you finally woke up too. The situation has changed. "

When I tried to digest Ludmilla's words, I was still a little confused.

"What has happened ?."

"The goblins have awakened, there seems to have been a commotion so many of them have gone outside. "

"Wait, they got up and went out?. Why did it happen. "

They shouldn't be able to move because of me.

"Of course I don't know, at least there are a lot of them carrying guns when they go out. It's possible, there are monsters trying to get into this lair. "

"Okay, if that's the case. I thought what I did earlier was pointless, but it's okay, just think of it as an improvisation in my plan. Ludmilla get ready, we'll be out soon. "

"Uh, we go out now?. when all the goblins were on full alert. "

Ludmilla looked unsure of my plan.

"Yeah, I think this would be the perfect opportunity. Because I'm not sure I can hold them back any longer. It's already the third week of my reckoning, so this is my only chance. "

Ludmilla was silent for a moment; apparently, she still wasn't convinced by my plan. But that's her decision; whether she wants to come or not, I won't force her either.

"Okay, I'll come with you. I guess I'll leave my fate to you, whatever the outcome please don't ever leave me Mamiko. "

"yes I promise. I won't just leave you. If so, is everything ready? "

"Wait a minute, let me bring our supplies. "

"Then I'll be waiting for you. "

After that, Ludmilla took some of the food she had secretly taken on my orders.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, we can leave anytime. "

"Good, then let's go to the first destination. "

"Okay. "

I also peeked first at the area in front of us; there are no guards on patrol, the situation should be safe now.

When I peeked at the watchtower, it seemed that the goblin was sleeping. This was indeed the perfect opportunity to escape.

"Safe, let's go. "

"Yes. "

I also took the lead at the front because I had memorized the room's location I was going to; I should have been able to arrive in no time.

As I thought, this place is unprotected. It seems like the chaos that was going on was to our advantage.

I opened the door to the treasure room. When I entered, it seemed a little empty.

"We made it there, then what are you looking for Mamiko?."

"Ludmilla, find something you want. I will look for a weapon. "

"Okay. "

We split up to find what we needed.

First of all, I ran towards the weapons rack.

"As expected, most of the weapons have been used. I had to quickly pick a few things I could use. "

Somehow I can think of this; I understand very well about my condition.

I also found a long sword when I touched it. I realized it looks like this is going to work.

"Yosh, I managed to get one weapon. Next up, ranged weapons. "

I ran to find a bow.

There is a longbow stored; I took it along with many arrows.

"Now, it will be quite difficult to carry her. I had to find a rope to tie it to my body. "

While looking for some things in the storage box.

Finally, I was able to obtain something of value.

A leather belt that looks like this would be very useful.

I took some knives and put them on my belt. Then, I put on the sheath on my left waist.

I placed the arrow and bow on my back in the last turn.

"Yosh, finally perfect. "

A few moments later, Ludmilla came to see me.

"Mamiko, have you got everything? "

"Yes, we can run away anytime. "

I gave her a thumbs up.

"Wait a minute, why aren't you getting dressed? at least find a cloth that you can use. "

"Ah, that's right. Looks like I'm too focused on finding a weapon that can be used. "

"Oh my gosh, wait a minute. I will find clothes that fit you. "

When I looked at Ludmilla, she was already wearing a cloak covering her entire body.

At the very least, I should scout the outside first.

Everything was still the same as usual when I looked at the situation.

"Mamiko, I found it. Wear this, so that your body is not exposed just like that. "

"Okay. "

I also let go of the arrow I was carrying; then I used it; even so, I didn't understand how to use it.

"It doesn't look like a cloak like you, it's probably an ordinary cloth. "

"Really, I'll find it again for you. "

"No, this is enough. At least this way I can move a little easier. "

Then I wore it like a cloak even though the body parts were visible. Whatever it is, I have to prioritize escaping first.

"Don't be like that, this is the same as you being unclothed. I'll look for it. "

“Ludmilla, there is no more time. We have to run now. "

"but..."

"Never mind, our lives are much more important than clothes. We might be able to look for clothes from ex-adventurers who have been killed outside the dungeon. "

"I don't understand your mindset at all, why do you think that. "

Before that, I tightened the cloth I was wearing with the belt I found. With this, I have brought all the weapons I need.

"Before that, put this on. "

I also tore my bottom cloth. Then, I made it into two parts.

"What for Mamiko? "

"Just use it as a mouth and nose cover. "

I also made an emergency mask to use. After Ludmilla covered her mouth with the cloth, it was time to focus on the main goal.

"Let's go. "

"Okay, I'll follow you from behind. "

Right after I said that we immediately ran towards the exit.

As I thought, it seems that the goblin in charge of supervising is sleeping. Now is my chance.

I also took my arrow; then, I pointed the bow at the supervisor's head. I let go of the arrow; my arrow shot through his head a few moments later.

"Mamiko, it turns out that you can use arrows? "

"That's it, Ludmilla come with me. "

"Okay. "

We ran towards the only way out. When I got there, I remembered something.

"Ludmilla, can you keep an eye on this place. There's something I have to do. "

"Eh, is there something you forgot? I will come with you. "

"But, I'm not sure you'll be okay with what I'm about to do. You better stay here. "

"No, I've decided to come with you. It's better than me watching this place alone. "

I took my breath away.

"Don't blame me if you feel uncomfortable. "

"I'm ready for all that, so don't worry. "

"Whatever you say. "

I ran the other way to find something.

It shouldn't be too far away. There were quite a several torch lights in the direction I was headed.

It didn't take long; I finally arrived at the place.

I entered another room which was covered by a cloth curtain.

"This place isn't..."

Ludmilla was starting to notice it.

However, I had just entered the place.

Inside, there are a lot of goblin chicks and unhatched eggs. What I'm aiming for is this place.

"Mamiko, what are you going to do? "

 

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to follow, favorite, rate.

12