Yue Xiao, Scrolls and Kang Jin.
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

First person mode

The night passed uneventfully the next couple of days were the same, I visited around the village and made a friend at one of the stalls, even though I spoke about the tribe as if it is small, it is huge in size, the Clover Lotus Tribes is one of the medium sized tribes in the surrounding area, besides our tribe were two other similarly sized tribes known as the Ice Willow and Mountain Bear Tribe.

Enough about that, the friend I made is called Yue Xiao, he is born and raised here, he is shorter than me by two heads, he has a goofy demeanor most of the time from what I observed he is casual and generally free person at heart, he will also be attending the Young Dragon Festival that is meant to be held in two days. His family is the Yue Clan, they are one of the families loyal to my (Father), 40 years ago when my father was still preteen, he aided the young master of the Yue Clan to become the patriarch of the Yue Clan later he grew up to become the father of Yue Xiao.

Yue Xiao was ecstatic when I revealed my identity, he did not think that he would be able to become friends with the son of my (Father), he declared it as simply a “Match made in heaven” after that he noticed his slip of the tongue and his unusually white skin started to become red looking very comical to anyone seeing it, he bowed several times, but I laughed it off and he offered to buy me drinks, I laughed it off and bought us some drinks with the currency local to this place, the commoners of the tribe would usually use the currency Bronze, Silver and Gold, but those who passed the Young Dragon Festival and became cultivators would use the currency known as Qi Shards, they are shards of compressed Qi made by larger tribes and spread to the surrounding mid and small sized tribes, each Qi Shard had unique marking which could not be replicated unless you kill a Qi Beast which would also drop Qi Shards occasionally if it is matured beast, the Qi Shard of a Qi beast would often be its essence, some tribes used the essence with the blood to become warlocks.

 My new found friend escorted me back to my (First Brother) humble abode where I lounged around, after looking through all of his stuff I learned several things about him, his name being Fang Hui, he is the son of the first wife of Fang Shan, his portrait and books portray him as being a diligent and studious young man when he took the test, his results shocked everyone as they were far above Fang Shan results when he took the test, one of the elders from the large sized tribes took him in as disciple, but after that due various circumstances that not even Fang Shan is privy to the information pertaining to Fang Hui since it became a secret matter.

 

By the time was done nosing about the beep of my well-regarded companion rang

Beep!

*Information compiled and logged; false information has been corrected. *

“Nice, show me the results of the information pertaining to subfolder cultivation”

There was a momentary moment of silence then before my eyes a graph appeared.

*The information has been compiled into three books with short descriptions

Fundamentals of Cultivation: The essence of energy is based on what the people of this planet call Qi, known in scientific terms as Electric magnetic energy, also known as Primitive Qi Module.

Body manifestation: The relation between the body and Qi, the body of the inhabitants of this world have adopted to Qi over the years, due to survival.

Bloodline Adaptation: Through the years through mystical arts the body of inhabitants has been assimilated with other animals to increase Qi and replicate the powers of the beast they conquered. *

“Very interesting, Ai assimilate these books to my cerebral cortex”

*Please Authorize*

“Authorized”

Beep!

*Authorization recognized, commencing information projection*

Bang

Sound cut out and in my head the information I gained translated itself from text into memories, the face of a vague and powerful teacher appeared, he is the avatar I created for the sole purpose of learning things, though hundreds of years passed inside of my mind a split moment later I returned, this is one of the features of my destroyed home planet it is how it progressed to its peak, but it was also this that brought its downfall, a tear escaped my face with it being real this time, I quickly snapped out of it and wiped my cheek.

I stood up and laughed, I had now in me a complete library of information, it is still not complete since it is limited to the information of the Clover Lotus Tribe, still for someone to reach my level now would take hundreds if not a thousand year, I know this because I spent that many years inside of virtual space, refining and diligently learning under the tutorship of my created avatar but this wasn’t the end of it yet, this is only the beginning of my journey on the path of cultivation, this is only the theory, experiencing the world inside of virtual space is not the same as experiencing it outside of my virtual space.

After having my moment of joy, I sat on my bed and folded my legs

“Show me the results of false information cleansing pertaining to subfolder Cultivation Technique”

*The information has been refined and compiled into the following

Earth Scrolls, 5 Low Level, 10 Mid level, 6 High level, 4 Peak Level.

Sky Scrolls, 8 Low Level, 3 Mid Level, 2 High Level, 2 Peak Level

Heaven Scrolls, 1 Low Level, 0 Mid Level, 1 High Level, 1 Peak Level (Fragmented)

Reminder: Host Body is not awakened yet.

Wonderful, wonderful, I nodded my head giggling with joy, information pertaining to cultivation had always been highly illegal on my destroyed home planet as it was controlled by those at the top, so to be able to cultivate even if it was done with a Primitive Qi Module was simply an opportunity I could not let slip by.

“Can you fix the Peak Level Heaven scroll?”

*Possible, time needed 13 days, 14 hours, do you wish to repair fragmented technique? *

My eyes shined with started as I nodded my head, now came the second part

“Transfer all techniques to my Cerebral Cortex”

*Please Authorize*

“Authorized”

Beep!

*Authorization recognized, commencing information projection*

Bang

Again, the virtual space came into existence, years passed in the blink of an eye, the wisest peace of information I received was that the techniques I learned in virtual space needed to be exercised with care, since there was a chance, it could differ from what was taught, with that in mind my mind was throbbing I also felt fatigue, I had truly pushed myself this time it was very much worth it.

I took a towel removing the sweat off of my forehead with towel, breathing roughly I prepared some clothing and entered the tub outside, it is common in the Lotus Clover Tribe and most other tribes to shower outside of your house inside of a tub, only those in large tribes and those who awakened cultivator talent have the privilege of showering behind closed doors, my father had offered me a private bathing area, for fairness sake I rejected it humbly.

The water of the hot tub combined with the picturesque scene made this very enjoyable, I rinsed my mouth and scrubbed well after so much planning having a moment for myself really is the best, I closed my eyes enjoying the water in silence as the water burned beneath the tub slowly warming up the water

Stepping outside the shadow of my tub, Uncle Shadow appeared. The AI notified me that there was someone outside, but I assume it is Uncle Shadow

“Fang Yuan”

His voice reached me, but something seemed odd about, with my eyes still closed I frowned slightly and responded

“Uncle Shadow”

Silence haunted, Uncle Shadow addressed me without honorifics it wasn’t his way of doing things, a bit awkward, snow fell slowly, it was entering the cold season.

Opening my eyes, the figure in front resembles Uncle Shadow very much but something about him seemed off

I mumbled under my breath

“Scan Uncle Shadow”

*Warning anomaly detected; Targets life unique mark does not match database. Host is recommended to distance effective immediately. *

“Your father has instructed me to bring you some medicine to help stimulate your body”

Uncle Shadow reached into his breast pocket, out came a knife he lunged over towards Fang Yuan

Boom

Behind Uncle Shadow another Uncle Shadow appeared, his hand vibrated sliding into the chest of the one holding the knife with ease, violent red mist spread from the part where the hand slid in. There was no sound while all this happened and down fell the other Uncle Shadow his appearance warped, and his original identity revealed itself.

Uncle Shadow made hand signs and from the ground came several black ropes with inscriptions on them, they wrapped around the imposter and dragged him into the earth.

When all was said and done Uncle Shadow bowed

“Young Master, I must apologize for my tardiness”

I had of course seen blood and dead bodies before, but it would give away if a boy from the forest had no reaction, so I had the AI perfectly express shock on my face, worst was I had become dirty again……

Uncle shadow raised his hands over the ground and from it appeared a clay manmade tub replacing the one that the imposter broke, he swished his arm again out of his sleeve flew dried branches, he snaped his fingers, the dried branches started burning softly, he looked into the sky his eyes released a glow the clouds gathered releasing water into the tub.

The technique he just used is Mortal Peak: [Elemental Hand] it’s a common one riddled with mistakes, its maximum potential is actually at the Earth Mid, but yet here it is being presented releasing elements into the wild as a kind of a survival technique, while it could be used as terrain changing technique to gain advantage on others, all within the eye of the beholder, I’m just glad to be able to bathe again and not have to wait until the water is warm or going through the trouble of finding a new tub.

Before I could step into the water, he took from his bosom a flask with green liquid and released into the water and then bowed again before promptly disappearing, I just shrugged and entered the water again hence repeating the same process, this time it differed

“Show me the effect of the medicine on my body”

Beep

*Medicine is entering through root hairs, conversion into nutrients, passing into the blood stream, strengthening blood flow, and increasing the bone density by 2,8%*

“Good stuff”

I mumbled under my breath while a smile laced my lips.

Finishing up I dread myself up and went to bed and rested for the night, even if I was considered superhuman even superhumans need rest from time to time.

The night passed, waking up there on my chest sat kitty cat, black fur, and white stripes. We looked at each other for moment then I resumed laying on my bed, now I could have moved but I feel okay with letting the cat sit there, as they say it is sacrilege to move a cat while it is sitting.

Two hours passed and then a knocking came from my door, I shouted for the person to enter. The person standing there was very short, it is little girl to be precise, she looked at the cat on my chest

“There it is that is my cat! Did you steal it from me?”

The atmosphere quickly became awkward, behind the little appeared Uncle Shadow who knocked on the head of the little girl

“Please excuse my granddaughter uncouth mannerism Young Master, Fang Yuan. She is still very young. The cat sitting on your chest happens to be my grand daughter’s cat who ran away some hours ago, I do apologize”

Laughing it off I pet the cat a couple of times before it unwillingly left me and jumped onto the head of the little girl where it kind of stayed, Uncle Shadow coughed a couple of times before pointing to his granddaughter

“This specimen is my granddaughter Kang Jin; she will be overseeing the care of your humble abode”

The little girl made pouty faces while Uncle Shadow shoved her forward with deadpan face, she was wearing cute red dress with white and blue ties in her hair, it looks very cute, the cat is beautiful addition to her aesthetics, she bowed to me

“Hello Young Master, I am Kang Jin, and I will be taking care of your house and any need you may have, it is a pleasure to be serving you.”

Stepping out of my bed I walked towards her and lowered my body, I smiled

“Hello lady Jin-er it will be a pleasure to have you helping me around, Thank you”

She looks at me her betraying shock, she looks down, nodding to me before quickly hiding behind Uncle Shadow once again, Uncle Shadow face which usually portrays a deadpan expression shows a smile, one belonging to a doting grandfather.

After biding their farewells, I was called into the office of my (Father), making my way over I notice the snow again, the color is a pure white, the branches they sit on showing their swaying motions.

Ahead of me the house of wood once again made itself seen, I enter. Fang Shan is sitting being busy with some papers, he looks up and smiles at me, we talked, and he informed me of some info about the test of tomorrow.

The test will be held at the White Spirit Mountain it is the huge white mountain dyed in black clouds, that I saw when I first came here, apparently it is chosen because of the Qi being denser, it also is its highest point connected the closest to the heavens, the people of the tribe believe that those most close to the heavens might have a higher chance of awakening potential.

Concluding the topic Fang Shan then turned to me and we had a talk, he asked me about my dreams in life and if I have any goals, silence rained. Goals, dreams, these weren’t things I ever considered, the only thing I considered was just surviving or taking revenge. I looked at him, in a roundabout manner I explained to him what I thought about most of the time, he listened well, his soft-spoken mannerism brought me calm, his reassured gaze did give me confidence, somewhere inside of me a tingent of guilt manifested itself, this guilt was quickly suppressed as soon as it appeared.

Being weak is not an option for me, I can never be weak, I need to be strong for myself. Some time passed and off I was back to my abode the outside being dark by the time I returned, I came in lighting a torch everything is neat, Kang Jin cleaned it well. Lying on my bed the scent of flowers enters my nose, I look at the ceiling thinking to myself that living this quite life isn’t that bad, my eyelids becoming heavier.

Inside my dream I could see myself, talking with a friend, then the sky started to burn red, fire spread itself across it, a gigantic eye appeared, this happened everywhere, the eyes had red glowing pupils, and, in my mind, I could hear a man speaking

“Submit”

From the pupils in the sky came endless carnage, millions of warriors clad in golden came down, the process was destructive, the friend I talked to right before my eyes got stung right through the chest by giant insect monster, the academy I resided in blown up, days turn into weeks, weeks into months but analyzing did not help, this was not a situation the AI could deal with, everyone tried to leave but they got blown into bits by the eyes shooting laser like beams at them, disintegrated into the finest of dust, another scene appeared after that, holding in my arms lay my sister, blood covered the tips of my fingers, with tears rushing out of my eye sockets, thinking I did not have tears left, yet here I was crying. My knees buckled under me, I held her for what seemed eternity, my mind faded

Waking up sweat covers my forehead, I am breathing heavily, my arms feel shaky, around me the dream is still playing I stand up and run towards the door before snapping out of it I look around again and gone is it, I’m back in (Fang Hui) room, I sit on the ground holding myself in fetus position just crying, letting it all out before I know it my eyelids become heavy again.

 

0