Volume 1 : Chapter 3 : Dreams fragile as it could be
18 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Meru Feng, I proudly tell you..." 

Meru looked up, his eyes were now opened after being shut. His hands have left the ball, resulting in him making the colors to die out. 

"...You, are have the potential to be a HERO." 

Lily placed her hands together as a clapping sound was made. "A hero? God, Meru you're awesome!" 

Meru looked towards Lily, his face was calm and deprived of anxiety and shock. His mouth hooked up and a smile was formed, he turned to face Lis again and asked with unsure, "Are you really sure? I'm a hero.?" 

Lis nodded, "There is no chance of me faking. So..." Patton the boy's shoulder, Lis said, "Congratulations." 

"Ah, yes..." 

Meru was troubled, his smile became forced as he was placed in the awkward position of receiving praise from Lis. Remembering the words the woman had told Bree from before, Meru waved his hand with goodbye as he stepped four steps back and said, "All then said...I'll be going." 

Lis did not spoke any further, she watched remaining on her spot as the black haired boy scurried to the side of Alex. 

Lily smiled, a thought surfaced in her mind:

'I knew that Meru would be the hero, and that means ill be a mage like Bree, too! I will follow Meru everywhere, protect him as the support and with the long range attack I will learn! We will become the most powerful duo! I'll become a great big sister for Meru!' 

"It seems the kids like me a lot." Alex said, her voice somewhat loud. 

"Oh deary," Lis spoke with hidden anger inside, "I didn't know that our fight has not yet ended, but please, who would like stony angry looking knight. Not me. Anyhow, the kids would remain beside you for only a while, kids get embarrassed and speechless sometimes you know."

"Hateful." 

"Yeah, yeah~" Lis hummed for a short second, she then pointed at the ruddy looking kid standing near the stairs, "You next dear, come here~"

"

"

Lily stood in her spot with her eyes rippling with envy and anxiety. The line of kids have decreased, leaving only little number of kids left. The first calls have been proven to be gifted and talented. Lily realized that the woman that goes by the name Lis chose those who have potentials within them leaving only a possibility that they, who were left, had none.

"And that's all." 

The voice belonging to Lis poured an ice cold bucket into Lily. 

"Excuse me Madam Lis!" 

Lily shouted,her voice rang so loud. Evoking Lis to remain in her spot. 

"Hmm? What is it?" 

"How about us? It couldn't be that you won't test us?!" 

Lis opened her tightly shut eyes, her pink eyes dull and cold. A grin was plastered in her face, as she tilted her head low. 

"It is as you said, it couldn't be more correct." 

Saying this, she signalled the crowd of kids that had undergone the test to follow the knights. Meru listlessly watched the commotion, Bree frowned and wanted to remain however the knights warned them that they must follow them. 

"Huh?" Lily was confused about Lis' answer and even more when seeing Meru, Bree and the rest walk away. 

"The rest of you do not need to be tested...."

Turning to face Lis again, Lily waited, waited for the woman to finish her words. Inside, she thought so anxiously, ' Would she say that we passed like the others? ' albeit having uncertainties about her conclusion regarding that no one, no, there should be some who failed...

"You're Lily, right? The daughter of Leon Luminary1If you read Lucidity, my first work+unrevised version, then sore but I'm changing the surname. and Lilac Luminary, no?"

"Huh?" Lily was baffled by the sudden question, she stepped one foot back in confusion. Taking her back to reality and somewhat waiting, the only thing she got was a question. "Yes, I'm Lily Luminary." 

"Come here." 

"Ah? Y-Yes!" 

Lily hurried along the steps and rushed into the stage, gripping the hem of her pink spaghetti stripped dress, Lily curved her mouth in excitement. 

'Ah! Madam Lis must have forgotten...' 

"Placed your hand on this ball," Lis said and then paused, "this will hurt, so don't cry, okay?" 

"Eh? O,okay?" 

Lily placed her hand on it and closed her eyes, however something shook her making her eyes open. 

"Don't close your eyes." 

"What? That's quite unusual? The batch earlier..." 

"Just do what I say."

"Hmm..I understand." 

Lily watched as the ball turned black, a sprut of color then vaguely appeared. It was slightly dull blue, a mix of violet and pink also was barely visible. Lily gritted her teeth in want of making the colors more vibrant but instead of turning brighter and such, the colors suddenly vanished leaving heaps of blackish cloud that rose up after the black color of the ball died out. 

"This..." 

"Listen." 

Lily raised her head, and stared fearfully at the face of the auburn haired woman. 

"I don't wanna be rude, but magicians and mages like us tend to be unkind when facing talentless people." 

"The rest of you dont need to be tested cause'..." 

"You are all nothing but a trash and waste that aren't able to make magic and talent and potentials residing inside each one of you is not present." 

Lis pointed a hand on Lily's chest. 

"N,no..." Lily backed with four steps as tears fell in her face, wetting her pink eyes. 

"Tch." Lis tch-ed, "I have already said don't cry!" 

"B-but..." 

"Just get to it already! You're wastes! Dreaming becoming a mage? Sorry, you're unable to achieve that!" 

"How..." 

"How I knew about your dream? Sissy, I'm not ignorant. Seeing your perplexed appearance and envy that flew out from your eyes when those people who came first shown talents and potential to become mages and magicians, there could be only one simple explination regarding those, your dream." 

Lis turned to face the kids that remained still on their spots.

"You hear it clearly, you're wastes, don't make me repeat it." 

"Why..?!" Lily cried. 

"Be mad all you want, but that's not gonna change the fact." 

Lily stared helplessly at the back that was getting further, gripping tightly her dress, Lily held back the urge to scream and silently cried...

Lis looked back, a thought appeared in her mind.

'Dreams, fragile as it could be. In one push, it would become broken glass, unable to be fixed just by normal means. Dreams means to be a motivation, and also a weakness. Drowning in tears when that dream shatters, a person fells incompetence....'

Lala~ In the unrewritten work chapter 3 was one with chapter 1 but anyways.....Everythings start in to move~~~

2