E.P. 4 Greatness
208 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(I know some of you may hate me for this but I'm skipping most parts of Start Line. There isn't many places I can put Io in.)

The camera opens up to the front of U.A. Izuku is narrating.

Izuku:"The hallowed ground of UA... The school with the best hero training course in the world, the place every kid want to go. Sure, there are similar programs out there, but they don't hold a candle to UA's, which is why it's almost impossible to get in. The school's alumni list is a 'who's who' of idols."

Izuku:"All Might, the most famous pro there is

Izuku:"All Might, the most famous pro there is."

Izuku:"The legendary peacekeeper, with the most wins under his belt

Izuku:"The legendary peacekeeper, with the most wins under his belt. The Fiery Hero: Endeavor."

Izuku:"Not to mention the denim-clad, award-winning marvel, Best Jeanist

Izuku:"Not to mention the denim-clad, award-winning marvel, Best Jeanist."

(Just a reference to what Ketsueki looks like

(Just a reference to what Ketsueki looks like.)

Izuku:"A hero many people respect. Io. Many people call him the trainer of heroes."

Izuku:"Graduating from U.A. is basically a requirement if you wanna be a great hero." *The camera shows Izuku standing at the gates of the School.* And so.. I held my head high and marched towards the entrance exams. This was it. The first step towards achieving my dreams of becoming a pro."

Izuku walks through the gates.

When Izuku enters the school he passes Io and Io waves to him. Izuku remembers something Io told him.

Flashback.

A few months ago.

Ketsueki and Izuku are standing on the beach.

Izuku:"What is it you wanted to talk about, sir?"

Ketsueki:"All Might trust you with his secret, I should trust you with mine as well."

Izuku:"Sir?"

Ketsueki:"You know my Quirk right?"

Izuku:"Yeah, I did lots of studying on it. You're like a vampire."

Ketsueki:"That's right, and what happens ti vampires when they dont drink blood."

Izuku:"They go into a frenzy."

Ketsueki:"Precisely. My Quirk makes it so I have to drink blood every once and awhile, But when I use it I it makes me more thirsty and I have to drink sooner. You know what I'm getting at here?"

Izuku nods.

Ketsueki:"Well over the years that thirst has gotten stronger and stronger when I use my Quirk. I have to drink more and more blood to sedated it. I feel like so I may not be able to use my Quirk without going into a frenzy. So like with All Might, I can't be a hero all the time, I'm limited as well."

Izuku thinks about this.

Izuku:*Bows.* "I thank you for trusting me, sir."

Ketsueki:*Sweat drops.* "Yeah, yeah. You don't have to act so formal when I'm not in costume."

Izuku stands up.

Izuku:"Yes sir. I mean sure, Io."

Flashback end.

Izuku keeps heading to the exam room.

Izuku:'They both trust me with their secret about their Quirks. I must not fail this!'

Later during the fight exam.

All the staff and the principle are in a room watching the exam. Io is sitting next to All Might drinking from what looks like a raindrop with red liquid in it.

Io is sitting next to All Might drinking from what looks like a raindrop with red liquid in it

He empties it and toss it into the tross at the corner of the room.

Principal:"Clearly, the examinees have no idea how many villain are present, or their locations. They have limited time, must cover a vast area, and hunt down every last target. Some use information-gathering abilities to plan out strategies. While others rely on speed to pull ahead of their peers. Of course, remaining calm under pressure can be a huge advantage. As can pure power and combat ability. The most successful students use a combination of all these tactics. They're the ones who rack up the highest scores."

Teacher A:"Hm, I'd say this year's group looks promising."

Teacher B: "Well, there's still plenty of time before it's over." *The teacher presses a red button.* "The real test has yet to come. Let's see how they react."

Io:"I think they'll do well."

Teacher C:"You say that with every year."

Io:"Hey, stay positive."

Teacher D:"That again?"

Io takes out another of those raindrop items from before and he opens his mouth to show four large vampire like teeth. He sinks the top two into the raindrop and begins to drink from it.

Later.

All Might and Io are watching the TV closely has Izuku destroyed the Zero Pointer.

All Might:"That's right. Show who you are. Embody what it means to be a hero. Nothing is nobler... than self-sacrifice."

Io:*Smirks.* 'He's found the perfect one, Nana.' *He looks up.* 'You'd be happy.'

Teacher:C "Didn't you destroy a zero Pointer in your exam, Io?"

Io:"Yeah, But I took me a few seconds longer to to it."

Teacher D:"What did you do again to destroy it?"

Io stinger comes out from behind him.

Io:*Smiles.*"Slices it's head off in one swipe."

Io then brings out a small Zero pointer action figure. Then he cuts it's head off with stinger.

Io:*Excited.*"Like that."

All the teacher sweat drop. Then Io turns back to the TVs. He watches as Izuku is falling to the ground and then suddenly gets slapped by Uraraka.

Io:*Rubs the side of his face.* "Ow."

The Uraraka pukes up a rainbow.

Io:"I wonder if she can taste the rainbow?"

Then the exam timer runs out.

Io:"Now that was a fun exam."

Later.

Io returns home just in time for dinner.

Io:"I'm home." *He takes off his hero costume.*

Ryuko then walks out from the kitchen holding a plate of some cooked fish.

Ryuko then walks out from the kitchen holding a plate of some cooked fish

Ryuko:"Welcome home, How was the exam?"

Ryuko sets the plate down as Ketsueki walks up to her and hugs her.

Ketsueki:"It was fun to watch! So many promising students this year!"

Ryuko gives his a quick his on the lips.

Ryuko:"Didn't you say that last year?"

Ketsueki:"Hey, Stay positive."

Ryuko:"I know, I know." *She grabs his hand and the plate of food.* "Come lets eat before the food gets cold."

Ketsueki:"Yes ma'am."

They walk to the dining room.

Then the camera pans over to Izuku's place. He is opening up his letter form U.A. He rips open the envelope and a dink falls on the desk. A projection turns on and All Mights face is directly in the camera.

All Might:*Projection.* "Booya! I am here as a projection now!"

Izuku yelps.

Izuku:"Wait, All Might?! But this is from... UA, isn't it?"

All Might backs away from the camera and Io is standing next to All Might, with his back to the camera.

Izuku:"Io, too?!"

All Might notices Io is turned around and he groans and grabs Io by the head and lifts him up and turns him around to face the camera and sets him down. Io then waves to the camera.

Io:*Projection.*"Hello."

All Might:*Projection.* "I know it's been a while, but with great power, comes great amount of paperwork." *An aura of despair appears around Io as All Might says paperwork.*

Io:*Despair.* "Paperwork, So much paperwork."

All Might clears his throat and Io returns back to his calm self. Both All Might and Io take a small bow.

All Might:*Projection.* "My apologies, young man. The truth is, We didn't come to this city just to fight villains."

Io gets excited.

Io:*Projection.*"You're looking at the newest UA Faculty Members."

Izuku:"You're both seriously going to be working at UA?"

Both Io and All Might nod. Then one of the crew members start to talk to them.

All Might:*Projection.*"Huh? Yes, What's the matter? Who's showboating?" *Io points to All Might.*

The crew member tells them something.

All Might:*projection.* "Oh, sorry. I'll wrap it up, But we have to show him something first."

The member tells them something.

Io:*Projection.* "Wait, we have to do that many?!" *Io facepalms and groans.*

Both All Might and Io sigh.

All Might:*Projection.* "RIght! So, moving on." *All Might clears his throat.*

Izuku gulps.

All Might:*Projection.*"Even though you passed the written test, you got zero combat points in the practical exam."

Io/All Might:*Projection.*"Sorry."

Izuku:*Looks down.*'I know that. Of course, I know. It's all I've thought about. I'm a failure.'

All Might:*Projection.* "Fortunately, there were other factors."

Izuku looks back up at the projection.

All Might: *Projection.* "But before we get to that, We have another surprise." *He brings out a remote and pints it at a TV next to the two.* "Here! Look! A short clip for your viewing pleasure!" *He presses a button and the TV shows a clip of Uraraka walking into a room.*

Ochaco:*Projection.* "Um, do you have a sec? Sorry to interrupt."

Izuku:"It's that nice girl."

Io:*Projection.* "She showed up after the exam to talk about you, Mr. Izuku. Ah, it's the beginning of young love."

All Might face palms.

Izuku:"Huh?"

All Might*Projection.* "What did she have to say? You'll have to stay tuned to find out!" *He resumes the clip and it shows Ochaco talking to Present Mic.*

Ochaco:*Projection.* "You know that boy with the really messy hair and all the freckles? It's hard to describe his face. he's kinda plain-looking. Uh, doesn't really stand out or anything, you know?"

Izuku:"She means me!"

Ochaco:*Projection.* "I was wondering. Would it be possible to give him some of the points I earned in the exam? I heard him say something about wanting to get just one point in, which just seem crazy. How could someone who took down that huge villain all by himself not have any points in the end? He would've had a better score if he hand't've stopped to help me. He saved me. I have to make it up to him."

Izuku gasps.

Ochaco: *Projection.*"Please, sir!"

Izuku stands up.

Ochaco:*Projection.*"Can't you just... give him my points!"

All Might pauses the clip.

All Might:*Projection.*"You have a Quirk now, yes. But it's your actions that inspire others."

Izuku smiles.

All Might:*Projection.* "And that's why we are here. You see, the practical exam was not graded on combat alone." *He makes and ex with his arms and Io copies him.*

Izuku gasps and All Might resume the clip.

Present Mic:*Projection.* "Thanks for showin' up to the station with your request. But there's no reason to give him your points." *He pats ochaco on the head.* "The kid's chartin' well on his own."

The clip ends.

All Might:*Projection.* "How Could a hero course reject someone who is committed to saving others, no matter the consequences to himself?"

Io:*Gives a big smile.* "After all, that is what makes a hero."

All Might:*Projection.* "And that's what my alma mater is all about. Training those who would risk their lives for the greater good."

Io throws his arms up.

Io:*Projection.* "Se, we have Rescue Points. I like to call them RP."

All Might: *Projection.* "A panel of judges watches, and they award points for heroic acts beyond just fighting villains."

All Might/Io:*Projection.* "Izuku Midoriya, 60 Rescue Points!"

All Might:*Projection.* "And Ochaco Uraraka, 45 rescue points!"

All Might:*Projection.*"You both passed the exam."

Izuku:"Uh.. This is some kinda joke?"

All Might/Io :*Projection.* "Welcome, Izuku. You have made it. You're now a part of the hero academia." *All Might and Io fist bump.*

Io:"Welcome To Your Hero Academia!"

Izuku:"Thanks!"

The camera pans to a view of the moon then turns black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10-23-2021

1944 words.

4