E.P. 5 Teaching Skills
171 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

The camera opens up to The Teachers looking at the results of the exam.

Teacher A:"Check out the results from the exam."

Teacher B:"Wow, the first place student didn't even have Rescue points."

Teacher C:"He took down those faux villains like an ace. When most of the other examinees were running from the big obstacle, he stayed focused on letting the smaller targets get in close and then counterattacking. That kid is tough."

Io:"That is a lot of villain points. He is tough and has a lot of potential."

Teacher B:"Yeah, and on the opposite end, the seventh place student had zero villain points."

Io:"But a lot of rescue points."

Teacher B:"Indeed."

Teacher C:"He's not the first UA hopeful to take out that giant robot. Tough, it's been a while since I saw someone blow it away with one attack."

Teacher D:"But at what cost? Did you see how badly he injured himself? If you ask me, it's like his body isn't used to his Quirk."

Io:"I'll help him get used to it." *He then looks down sadly and grips his pants.* 'I won't let something like what happened to Cruz, happen again.'

Later.

All Might and Io are waiting on the beach at night. Io has his Hero costume under his arm. They hear running behind them and they look to see, Izuku running to them.

All Might:"Huh?"

Izuku:*Panting.* "Hi, All Might! Io!"

All Might panics and spits up blood.

All Might:"Too loud, kid!"

Io:"Be quite!"

Man:"All Might and Io's here?"

Woman:"No way! Where?"

The camera moves to show a man and a women at the pier.

All Might:"Way to blow my cover. Say it was a mistake."

Io:"Quickly."

Izuku waves his arms.

Izuku:"I was just kidding! Nothing to see here!"

Man:"Lame."

Woman:"I wanted an autograph."

The three of them sigh.

All Might:*Puts his hand up.* "Congrats on getting in."

Io:*Give Izuku a thumbs up.* "Good job."

Izuku:"I couldn't have done it without both of your help!"

Izuku high fives All Might.

All Might:"Oh, speaking of which. We didn't tell anyone at UA that we've been training you or anything."

Izuku:"Hm?"

All Might:"Really. Io or I weren't one of the judges, and We didn't pull any strings for ya."

Io:"You earned your spot all on your own."

Izuku bows to them.

Izuku:"Wow, thanks for telling me. I'm glad to hear that!" *He gasps.* "Oh, yeah! I was really surprised to hear you're both gonna be teachers at UA this year! I was wondering what brought you both here all of a sudden. After all, Your agency All Might is in Minato, Tokyo, and your agency Io is in Fujiyoshida, and everyone knows."

All Might:"Gettin' creepy."

Io:"That is impressive."

All Might walks near the water's edge and Io walks just into the water.

All Might:"The school didn't want Io or me telling anyone about the job until they made an official announcement. It seemed like fortuitous timing."

Io tilts his head and a question mark appears above it.

Io:"That's a big word."

All Might just shakes his head at him and continues.

All Might:"An easy way to find someone new to inherit One For All."

Izuku*Looks down to his hands.* "Your power completely wrecked my body. And all I did was jump and throw one punch. I can't control it. What do I do?"

All Might* turns to Izuku* "You'll learn to manage in time. Hoping to master it right away is like asking a baby to run a marathon. You still have to go through the process of learning how to walk."

Izuku:"Yeah... Wait! You knew I was gonna get hurt that badly?"

Io:"Yeah."

All Might:"Well.... we were in a time crunch. But it turned out alright. Plus, now you know what you're dealing with."

Izuku gasps.

All Might: *He picks up some paint cans.* "Right now, your Quirk is either all or nothing. One day, you'll learn how to control your output. The you'll be able to adjust exactly how much power you're using."

Izuku:*Gasps.* "I just need control?"

All Might:"You're overflowing with energy at the moment. With training, your body'll hold it better." *Turns into his Muscle form and crushes the paint cans. Io puts on his veil.* "Then it's your to command."

Io:"You'll master it in no time."

Izuku gasps.

Man:"Look, it really is All Might and Io!"

Woman:"No way! Where'd they come from?"

Both All Might and Io sweat drop.

All Might:"Right. Now we run!" *He start running.*

Io:*Throws his hands up and runs.* "Yaaaa."

Izuku:"Huh? Okay?" *He follows them.*

Io laughs as they run.

Later.

The camera opens up to Aziwa talking to the class 1A.

Aizawa:"Hello, I'm Shota Aizawa. Your teacher."

The students gasps.

Aizawa reaches into his sleeping bag.

Aizawa:"Right, let's get to it."

He pulls out a gym uniform.

Aizawa:"Put these-"

Then someone runs into the classroom and look to see Io. But he's wearing a school uniform.

Io:"I hope I'm not late teach!"

The students gasps.

Student:"It's Io!"

Aizawa facepalms.

Student:"So it is true that he's working here."

Student:"Cool. why is he in a uniform though?"

Aizawa:'It's the first day and he already is messing up. Why did they also make him an teacher and a teacher assistant.'

Aizawa looks to Io.

Aizawa:"You're not a student Io, you're a teacher remember."

Io puts his hand on his head.

Io:"Oh, yeah. I am!"

Aizawa groans and looks back to his class.

Aizawa:"Put these on and head outside."

Students:"Huh?"

Later.

Everyone is outside and the student are in their gym uniforms. Io is wearing a dress shirt and pants with a tie. He also has his cloak he wears with his casual clothes on. Io and Aizawa are standing in from of the students.

Students:"What? A Quirk assessment test?"

Ochaco:"But orientation! We're gonna miss it!"

Aizawa:"If you really wanna make the big leagues, you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies."

The students gasps.

Aizawa:"Here at UA, we're not tethered to traditions. That means that I get to run my class however I see fit."

The Students gasps and then look to Io and he just shrugs.

Io:"I'm a teacher and a teacher assistant. So it's his class to run."

Aizawa:"Yes, Now. You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives. But you never got use your Quirks in physical exams before. The country's still trying to pretend we're all created equal by not letting those with the most power excel. It's not rational. Onde day, the Ministry of Education will learn. Bakugo, you managed to get the most points on the entrance exam. What was your farthest distance thrown with a softball when you were in Junior High?"

Bakugo:"Sixty-seven meters, I think."

Aizawa:"Right. Try doing it with your Quirk."

Bakugo is now standing inside of a painted circle holding onto a soft ball.

Aizawa:"Anything goes, just stay in the circle. Go on. You're wasting our time."

Io:"Give it your best."

Bakugo:*Stretches his arms.* "All right, man, you asked for it."

Bakugo then throws the ball using his Quirk.

Bakugo:*Growls.* "Die!"

Io:"Wow."

Aizawa:"All of you need to know your maximum capabilities." *The ball lands and Aizawa looks to the phone then turns to the class.* "It's the most rational; way of figuring out your potential as a pro hero." *He shows the class Bakugo's distance. It's 705.2 meters.*

The students gasps at the score.

Kaminari:"Whoa, 705 meters, are you kidding me?"

Ashido:"I wanna go! That looks like fun!"

Sero:"This is what I'm talkin' about, usin' our Quirks as much as we want!"

Aizawa:"So this looks fun, huh?" *Izuku gasps.* "You have three years here to become a hero. You think it's all gonna be games and play time? Idiots. Today you'll compete in eight physical tests to gauge your potential. Whoever comes in last has none, and will be expelled immediately."

Student:"Huh?"

Aizawa:"Like I said, I get to decide how this class runs. *He gives them a creepy smile.* "Understand? If that's a problem, you can head home right now."

Io also has a scary smile.

Io:"So you better give it your all

Io:"So you better give it your all."

Ochaco:"You can't send one of us home! I mean, we just got here! Even if it wasn't the first day, that isn't fair!"

Aizawa:"Oh, and you think natural disasters are?"

The students gasp.

Io:"Or power-hungry villains? Hm?"

Aizawa:"Or catastrophic accidents that wipe out whole cities? No, the world is full of unfairness. It's a hero's job to try to combat that unfairness. If you wanna be a pro, you're gonna have to push yourself to the brink. For the next three years, UA will throw one terrible hardship after another at you. So go beyond."

Aizawa/Io:"Plus Ultra-style."

Aizawa makes a come at me gesture.

Aizawa:"Show me it's no mistake that you're here."

Io:"I want you to show us why you're here."

The students gasps.

Aizawa:"Now then. We're just wasting time by talking. Let the games begin."

Test 1: 50-meter dash

Aizawa:"When you all finish each test," *He the points to Io.* "I'm going to have Io here do it to. To show you how well you do with a pro hero."

The students gasp.

Measuring Device:"Runners, on your marks. Ready --"

Iida and Asui are the first up.

A gunshot goes off and they both take off.

Iida got 3.04 seconds.

Aizawa"Well, he's definitely in his element, but speed won't help him in every test."

Asui got 5.58 seconds

The Ochaco and Ojiro go up.

Measuring device:"Get set." *A gunshot goes off.*

They both takes off running.

Ojiro got 5.49 seconds and Ochaco got 7.15 seconds.

Then Aoyama and Ashido are up.

Measuring device:"Runner on your mark. Ready!" *A gunshot goes off.*

Aoyama got 5.51 seconds. Ashido was faster than him.

Io:"They're all getting decent scores."

Then Izuku and Bakugo are up.

Device:"Runners on your mark. Ready --" *A gunshot goes off.*

They take off.

Bakugo got 4.13 seconds and Izuku got 7.02 seconds.

Io:"My turn."

Io goes up to the start line.

Device:"Runner get ready." *A mask forms on Io's face and his eyes turn red and his tail comes out.*"Ready" *A gunshot goes off and Io launches forward using his speed.*

He reaches the finish line.

Device:"Two point eight two seconds."

Student:"Wow."

Io:"These clothes are a little constricting."

Test 2: Grip strength

Everyone goes and Io squeezes the device and get 350.3 Kg.

Test 3: Standing Long jump

Io clears the sandbox.

Test 4: Repeated side steps

Io was able to dodge for a little while.

Test 5: Ball throw

Io walks up to the center. He looks at the ball and throws it up and down a few times.

His mask forms on his face and his eyes turn red and his tail comes out.

He throws the ball up high and Io jumps up and spins head first a few times to gain speed and then hits the ball with the spear end of stinger and the ball goes flying.

After a few seconds the ball lands and Aizawa shows the class Io's score.

1,234.3 meters.

Students:"Wow."

Aizawa looks to Io.

Aizawa:"You didn't go all out on that one."

Students:*Shocked*"What!"

Io walks up to Aizawa and whispers.

Io:"I need blood soon, so I can't go all out."

Aizawa nods.

Io:"Well, I'll let you handle the rest of class. I'm hungry. Good luck students and see you soon for my class."*He waves to them as he walks away.*

Later.

Music

Io is sitting under a bright white tree with those same raindrops with blood in them.

Io is sitting under a bright white tree with those same raindrops with blood in them

Io grabs one and drinks from it. There is a basket next to him with some candy in it. Then he hears footsteps and he looks up and sees class 1 A walking to him. They all sit in front of him and Io ignores them and grabs another raindrop and drinks from it. He slowly drinks from this one. After a few minutes Bakugo gets angry and shouts.

Bakugo:"What are we doing out here teach!"

Io doesn't answer him and just grabs another raindrop.

Bakugo:*Angry and stands up.* "Hey don't ignore me."

Ida:"Bakugo sit down."

Bakugo walks up to Io.

Bakugo:"If he's just going to ignore me then I'm going to make him listen."

What the students don't see is that Io is smirking.

Bakugo gets to Io and then yells at him.

Bakugo:"Hey, Hey!" *He goes to punch him but then stinger appears at his neck stopping him.* "What the?"

Io:*With a calm face.* "Bakugo, I recommend you go sit down now. I was teaching, you just didn't understand it. I also have been a teacher on and off for awhile. I know what I'm doing."

Bakugo just huffs and walks away.

Io finished drinking.

Io:"Students do you know what theses are?"

Momo raises her hand.

Io:"Yes Miss, Yaoyorozu?"

Momo:"don't you call them blood beads?"

Io:*Throws her a piece of candy and she catches it.* "Correct."

Io then points to a full one.

Io:"And as the name implies, there full of blood." *He then looks to the class.* "Now what was the first lessen?"

Everyone thinks about it for a second then Ida raises his hand.

Io:"Yes, Ida?"

Ida:"Was it patience?" *A piece of candy is thrown to him and he catches it.*

Io:"Correct. Now why did I do it?"

Ochaco:"Because a hero need to be patient." *Io throws a piece of candy to her and she catches it.*

Io:"Correct. You guys are sure smart. Now why does a hero need patience?"

Izuku then raises his hand and Io nods to him.

Izuku:"Because if your not patient you can put you and others in danger." *He catches a piece of candy.*

Io:"Good."

Io continues with the class and at the end everyone has a piece of candy except Bakugo and he's unhappy about it.

Bakugo:"Why don't I get a piece of candy!"

Io:"Because you didn't answer a question."

Bakugo:"Well they were all hard."

Io:"We;; then I'll give you an easy one. How old am I?"

Bakugo:"Huh?"

Io:"How old am I?"

Bakugo:"How am I supposed to know that?"

Io:"I've never hid my age form anyone."

Bakugo*Thanks for a sec.* "22." *Io shakes his head.* "26." *Io shakes his head again.* "34!" *Another head shake.* "Then what is it."

Io:"I'm 69."

Some of the students are shocked.

Bakugo:"What?! You gotta be kidding you barely look older than us!"

Io:"My Quirk slows down my age progression." *He throws a piece of candy to Bakugo.* "Nice try anyway." *A bell goes off.* "Well class is over. See you guys tomorrow."

The students says go bye then leave. Io grabs another blood bead and drinks from it.

The camera zooms out to show UA then turns black.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10-24-2021

2577 words.

4