E.P. 8 Io’s an Airhead.
104 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The camera opens up Io walking to school in his Hero outfit when he gets to the gates he's suddenly bombarded by reporters. 

Reporter 1:"Io, how does it feel to train the newest generation of heroes?"

Io:"I-"

Reporter 2:"Can we get an Interview Io."

Io:"I'm-"

Reporter 3:"Io, what's it like to work with All Might?"

Io:"He-"

Reporter A:"Do you think you can get All Might to talk to us?"

Reporter A:"Do you think you can get All Might to talk to us?"

Io:'So many questions, So many people.'

The Aizawa appears and grabs the back of Io's shirt and lifts him over his shoulder. He looks to the reporters. 

Aizawa:"All Might's not on campus today." *He shoos them away.* "Now get outta here. you've disrupted my students enough and confused a teacher already."

Aizawa walks to the school while carrying Io.

Reporter A gasps.

Reporter A:"But my viewers wanna know how All Might's adjusting to life as a teacher!"

Reporter B:"I feel like I've seen that guy somewhere before. But where?"

The Report A tries to walk in but the security system activates. 

Io:"You're my hero, Aizawa."

Aizawa:"How do you and All Might deal with these reporters."

Io:"I just answer their questions."

Aizawa groans.

Later.

Io and Aizawa are addressing the class.

Aizawa:"Decent work on yesterday's combat training, you guys. I saw the video feeds and went over each of your team's results. Bakugo. You're talented. So don't sulk like a child about your loss, okay?"

Io snickers and Aizawa chops him on the head.

Io snickers and Aizawa chops him on the head

Bakugo:"Yeah, whatever."

Aizawa:"And Midoriya."

Izuku gets nervous.

Aizawa:"I see the only way you won the match was by messing up your arm again. Work harder. And don't give me the excuse that you don't have control over your Quirk. That line's already getting old. You can't keep breaking your body while training here. But your Quirk will be really useful if you can get a handle on it."

Izuku gasps.

Aizawa:"So show a little urgency, huh?"

Izuku get determined.

Izuku:"Right."

Aizawa:"Let's get down to business. Our first task will decide your future."

The students get worried. 

Io:"You all need to pick a class representative." 

All The students calm down.

Io:'Why were they so worried?'

Kirishima:*Raises both his hands.* "Pick me, guys! I wanna be class rep!"

Denki:*Raise a hand.* "I'll take it."

Jiro:*Raises a hand.* "Yeah, you're gonna need me."

Aoyama:*Does a flashy pose.* "Someone with style would be best."

Mina:"I'm, like, totally the right pick!"

Everyone starts to talk.  

The Tenya shouts.

Tenya:"Silence, everyone, please!"

Everyone becomes quite.

Tenya:"The class representative's duty is to lead others. That's not something just anyone can do. You must first have the trust of every student in the classroom. Therefore, the most logical way to fill this position is democratically. We will hold an election to choose our leader!" *He raises his hand.*

Students:"It's pretty obvious you want us to vote for you."

Denki:"Is this really the best Idea?"

Tsuyu:"We've only know each other a few days, how do we know who we can trust?"

Kirishima:"Besides, everyone'll just vote for themselves."

Tenya:"Most people will. But that means whoever does receive multiple votes must truly be the most suitable person for the job."

Tenya looks to Aizawa. Aizawa is getting in his sleeping bag.

Tenya:"It's the best way, right, sir?" 

Aizawa:"Do what you want, just decide before my nap's over."

Aizawa falls over onto the floor.

Tenya:"Thank you for your trust!"

Later.

They tallied up the votes and put them on the chalkboard at the front. Io is now sitting at a desk in the very back of the class.

Izuku got 3 votes, Momo got 2, and somehow Io got 1.

Izuku:"How did I get three votes?"

Bakugo stands up angrly.

Bakugo:"Okay, you idiots, who voted for him?"

Sero:"What, did you honestly think anyone was gonna vote for you?"

Bakugo:"What did you just say?!"

Bakugo continues yells at Sero.

Tenya:*He shaking.*"Zero votes.. I feared this might happen, but I can't argue with the system I chose!"

Momo:"So you voted for someone else, huh?"

Sato:"But you knew it was best to vote for yourself, right? What were you tryin' to prove here, Iida?"

Mina:"How did Io get a vote? He's a teacher."

Everyone looks to each other and they shake their head or say no. Then they all look to Io. He notices their stares and look behind him then points to himself confused.

He notices their stares and look behind him then points to himself confused

Io:"Me?"

The class nods.

Io:"Weren't we supposed to vote?"

Students:'He's such an airhead!'

Later.

Izuku and Momo are standing at the front of the class. Izuku looks really nervous. 

Aizawa:"All right, the class rep is Midoriya, and our deputy is Yaoyorozu."

Izuku:*Shaking.* "Really? Uh. It's not a mistake?"

Momo:*Sighs.* "How'd this happen?"

Tsuyu:"This might not be so bad."

Kirishima:"Yeah, I can get behind Midoriya I guess."

Kaminari:"Yaoyorozu was totally on top of it when it came to our training results!"

Later.

Izuku, Ochaco and Tenya are sitting at a cafeteria table eating. 

Ochaco:*Sighs.* "It's always so crowded in here!"

Tenya:"That's because students in the support, management, and hero courses all share the same cafeteria."

Ochaco eats some rice.

Ochaco:"This rice is delicious!"

Izuku:*sighs.* "Guys, I'm kinda worried about the class rep thing, I don't think I'm qualified."

Ochaco:"Sure you are."

Tenya:"You'll be great."

Izuku:"Hm?"

Tenya:"Your courage and quick thinking under stress will help make you a worthy leader. Not to mention the strength you've demonstrated. Those are the reasons I voted for you, at least."

Izuku:"You were one of the three?"

Ochaco:"Didn't you wanna be rep really badly, I mean you do look the part. 'cause of the glasses."

Tenya:"Wanting a job and being suited to it are quite different things. Observing the Iida family's hero agency has taught me that much."

Ochaco/Izuku:"Agency?"

Izuku:"Hold on, what does your family do?"

Tenya:"Uh -- oh, it's nothing."

Ochaco:"Y'know, I've been wondering something about you."

Ochaco:"Admit it, Iida

Ochaco:"Admit it, Iida. You're filthy rich!"

Iida:*Sweats.* "Uh-- I was afraid people would treat me differently if they knew about my family."

Izuku and Ochaco stare at Tenya. *Jiiiiiiii~*

Ochaco/Izuku: "Oooh..."

Iida:*sighs.* "You see, the Iidas have been pro heroes for generations. It runs in our blood."

Izuku/Ochaco:"What? That's awesome!"

Tenya:"Are the two of you familiar with the Turbo Hero, Ingenium?"

Izuku:*Fanboys.* "I know all about him! He's a super-popular pro with 65 sidekicks working alongside him at his Tokyo agency!" *Izuku then realizes.* "don't tell me..."

Tenya:"He's my elder brother!"

Ocacho:"You're family is famous!"

Izuku:"I can't believe it!"

Tenya:*He smiles.* "Ingenium is an unmatched commander who honors the hero code. As the second oldest Iida son, I strive to be just like him. However, I think it might be a bit soon for me to be in a real leadership role." *He looks to Izuku.* "You, for example. You figured out what the judges were looking for in the practical exam. A rep needs that sort of insight." *He notices that Izuku and Ochaco are staring at him.* 

Izuku and Ochaco gasp. 

Ochaco:"That's the fist time I've seen you smile, Tenya! You should do it more."

Tenya:*Gets confused.* "What're you talking about? I smile all the time!"

Then a familiar voice is heard.

Io:"Hmm, this is good."

The three look to their side to see Io sitting at their table eating a sandwich. 

The three:"Io!"

He looks over and waves to them.

Io:"Hello."

Ochaco:"What are you doing here?"

Io gets confused and gestures to his food.

Io:"Eating."

Tenya:"Sir, I think what she means is, what are you doing here eating. Don't you teacher have a staff room to eat in?"

Io taps his chin and thinks about it. Then he snaps his fingers.

Io:"That's right we do!"

The three sweat drop.

The Three:'Such an Airhead.'

Izuku:"Io, were you a class rep?"

Io:"No, but I was good friends with the class rep. Her name was Cruz Sakenomi."

Izuku's eyes widen at the name.

Izuku:'That was his sister's name!'

Io takes a bite from his sandwich."

Io:"I like this--"

A bell goes off. Io covers his ears and Tenay and Ochaco gasp.

Izuku:"What is that?"

Announcer:*PA.* "Warning. Level Three security breach."

Student:"No Way!"

Announcer:*PA* "Please evacuate the building in an orderly fashion."

Students start to get up and run.

Tenya:"What's a 'Level Three security breach?'"

Io:"It means that someone's managed to get past the school's barriers!"

Student:"This hasn't happened in mu three years here. We should get going!" *He gets up and runs.*

Students crowd the exit.

Io:"Ah! No!"

Io starts to drown in the sea of students.

Izuku:"Ah! Io!"

Then Tenya is on top of the Exit sign.

Then Tenya is on top of the Exit sign

Tenya then starts to yell.

Tenya:"Listen up, everything is okay!"

The students stop and gasp.

Tenya:"It's just the media outside. There's absolutely nothing to worry about. Everything's fine! We're UA students. We need to remain calm and prove that we;re the best of the best."

Students sigh and Mumble.

Io gets up of the flor and he is dizzy and dusty. 

Io:"The world is spinning."

Later.

everyone is back in class and Izuku and Momo are in the front. Io is sitting nearby with an Ice pack in his head.

Momo:"It's time, class rep. Let's begin."

Izuku is nervous and shaking again.

Izuku:"Um, Okay, so we need to figure out who the other class officers will be. But first, there's something that I wanna say. I've thought a lot about this. And I think that Tenya Iida should be our class rep!"

Tenya gasps. 

Izuku:"He was able to capture everyone's attention and get us in line. So I believe that he should be the one leading our class from now on!"

Kirishima:"Yeah, you know what? If Midoriya vouches for him, I'm good. Plus he was a big help. He totally manned up and took charge, right?"

Denki:"Yup! Oh! Did you notice he looked like the dude on the emergency exit signs when he was on the wall earlier?"

Aizawa:*He sits up.* "This is a waste of time."

Izuku yelps.

Aizawa:"I don't care who the rep is, just hurry up." *He lays back down.*

Tenya then stands up. 

Tenya:"If Midoriya is nominating me for this job..." *raises a hand.* "..Then U humbly accept. I pledge to carry out the duties of class rep to the best of my abilities!"

Kirishima:"Sounds good, Emergency Exit!"

Kaminari:"Emergency Exit Iida! Don't let us down, man!"

Io snickers at the name. 

Momo:"Hello, I got two more votes them him."

Later.

It's nighttime and Ryuko returns home. She flicks on the entryway light and sets her keys down and sees a note. She picks it up and reads it.

Hi honey I hope you had a good day at work. It was a long day at the school today. So if you're reading this I'm probably already asleep. But I made dinner for you, it's in the fridge.
Signed by the best husband in the world, Ketsueki.

Ryuko smiles and she takes of her Hero outfit and goes to the kitchen and opens the fridge to see some Tempura.

Ryuko smiles and she takes of her Hero outfit and goes to the kitchen and opens the fridge to see some Tempura

She heats it up and eats it. After eating she cleans the dish and puts it away and she walks to the living room and she hear the TV on. She enters the room to see Ketsueki asleep with the TV on. She chuckles and goes to another room and comes back with some blankets a pillows. She sets the blankets on the ground along with the pillows. She then turns of the TV and picks up Ketsueki and sets him on the ground gently. 

She then lays on the ground and puts a blanket over them and she hugs him and closes her eyes.

Later the next morning.

The camera opens up to see someone running away with a purse and people shouting. When suddenly a metal tail grabs him and lifts him up. The camera pans to shows Io in hero costume holding the Robber up with his stinger. 

Io:"That's not yours."

He grabs the purse and knocks the Villain out and ties him up. He then walks over to the woman that owns the purse. 

Woman:"Thank you, Io!"

Io rubs his head embraced.

Io:"Aww it was nothing."

Then he hears something on his radio.

Radio:"There's a bank robbery near midtown over."

He then shakes the woman's hand.

Io:"Sorry, but I'm needed somewhere else." 

His eyes glow red and he runs jumps up onto a building and runs to the bank. 

Io:'All this hero work is making my thirst coming. I can't do this all day, I need blood soon.'

Later.

The camera goes to Thirteen and Aizawa talking. 

Aizawa:"Hey, shouldn't All Might and Io be here already? Lemme guess, All Might booked an interview instead and Io forgot about this."

Thirteen walks up to Aizawa and whispers. 

Thirteen:"Actually, it's something else."

Aizawa:"Hm?"

Thirteen:"Apparently they both did too much hero work on the way to school this morning.* "Thirteen holds up three fingers them makes a raindrop with their hands.* "And All Might used up all his power and Io needs to drink. Their resting in the teacher's lounge."

The camera then pans to All Might in skinny form sitting on the couch. He's wearing a suit and is also talking on the phone. Io is also wearing a suit but instead of sitting on the couch he's hanging of one of the arm rests. 

All Might:"I'm sorry. We should be able to catch the tail end of the rescue exercises. We'll be there as soon as we can." *he then hangs up the phone.*

Io then holds up a blood bead.

Io:"The tree only had one today. It's weird there should have been more." *He groans.* "This is barley gonna sustain me!"

The camera pans to a view of the school then turns black.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10-25-2021

2394 words.

1