Secrets
791 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up laying sprawled out on the bathroom floor, I vaguely remember crying to the point of passing out. I got up and decided to try out my new shower. After a long shower I found my clothes and everything I owned actually had been neatly organized in drawers and dressers, someone had even set my computer up at a small desk near the window. 

I got dressed quickly and exited my bedroom, I tried to remember the way downstairs but I seemed to have gotten lost in the confusing corridor. I turned down a hall to the right and ran straight into my uncle. 

He glared down at me and I felt chills run down my spine. “I thought I told you not to go past the second floor?” He said icily. “Sorry. I got lost.” I said quietly. His glare seemed to soften a bit. “That’s okay. follow me it’s almost time for breakfast.” 

He walked past me and I followed him through the twisting, confusing hallways, finally we reached the spiral staircase and begin to descend. My uncle led me down another hallway on the bottom floor and we went through a door that led to a huge screened in porch, overlooking the manors many acres of woods and field’s. 

My uncle sat down at the end of a rather long glass table and motioned for me to sit with him. I picked a seat not too close but not too far away and as soon as I was seated, several maids came through the door holding steaming platters of assorted breakfast foods. One maid set a plate in front of me and asked what I’d like, I picked a cinnamon roll, a few pieces of bacon and a boiled egg. 

The maid gently assorted my food on my plate in an appealing manner and bowed before leaving. 

I looked over and noticed my uncle had been severed his food as well. He took a bite of a biscuit then looked at me. “So Jason.” He said after chewing his food politely and wiping his mouth with a napkin. “Tell me about yourself, do you have any friends? Any interest’s, hobby’s?” He asked. I nodded. 

“I had a few friends back where I grew up.. and I don’t really have many hobbies, I used to enjoy playing games but I’ve lost interest in that lately.” He nodded and continued eating. Once he was finished he gave me an odd look. “Jason, do you know why your mother and I never liked each other?” He asked. I shook my head and looked at him. 

“You see, our family has a secret, I don’t think you’re ready to know it yet. Perhaps I’ll explain some day soon, but that secret is why my sister hated me, one day you’ll understand.” I nodded, very confused, I didn’t understand what this had to do with anything. 

My uncle looked down at his wrist, a very old Rolex ticked away as he looked at it. “Ah I need to go, remember Jason stay away from the third floor and up.” 

I nodded as my uncle got up and disappeared back into the manor. I slowly finished my food then exited through the same door. I decided I’d try messaging my friends so I headed back up the spiral staircase towards my room, I walked down the long corridor and somehow ended up getting lost again. 

This was going to take awhile to get used to. I wandered through the dark candle lit hallways till I spotted a door that looked like my bedroom door. “This must be it.” I whispered as I turned the knob and walked inside. 

The sight that greeted me was not my bedroom but an entirely bizarre and strange looking room. It was dimly lit with glowing mushrooms all over the walls, the floor was actual grass and morning mist seemed to flood the room. 

A large tree sat in the middle of the room surrounded by small glowing mushrooms, the strangest thing that caught my eye was a purple gem shaped like a rose sitting inside a hollowed hole in the tree. 

Something compelled me to touch it as I unconsciously walked closer. I noticed hundreds of small beady yellow eyes, glowing in the dark corners of the room. Staring at me. I got closer and closer until finally I reached out and touched the tip of the gem with my index finger. 

Instantly my vision exploded into blinding white light, my body coursed with excruciating pain as I collapsed beside the tree. I felt hundreds of small hands lifting my body into the air as I begin to black out, the last thing I remembered before darkness overtook me was being tossed out of the room into that annoying labyrinth of a hallway. 

32