Ch-76: And They Happily Lived Ever After: The End
1.2k 6 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Gaaah! Cake, cake! Strawberry cake~!"

The excited Romani opened the door as fast as he could while yelling like a child waiting to be fed.

For him, although it is difficult, well, mostly boring to work for twelve hours a day, as long as the rest time comes allowing him can taste modern food from all over the world and he gets to see his Magical Girl Makoka, these moments of enjoyment are enough to make him forget about the depression of work.

Among the delicacies he has tasted so far, the strawberry cakes are his 'favoritest', he is literally in deep love at first sight of liking with it. 

"Please be patient, King Solomon. Let me first serve the food specially prepared for King Roy with high nutrition to replenish brain power. After all, my King must be very tired after studying for the whole day."

Erica glared at Romani from behind the door, her tone suffused with unspeakable helpless for this King of Wisdom who wants to become 'human'. Regardless of his temperament and hobbies, he is like a spoiled but lovely child, even Erica finds it hard to be wary of him.

Not only is the temperament Romani displays is really lacking for a King, but his shy and flustered expressions which is oddly cute also give others the desire to bully him. 

Moreover, he is also teaching magic to Roy and also respects women, making Erica unable to associate this child like adult with the lecherous King in her impression. 

"Looks like history books cannot be trusted upon."

Erica thought so. Knotting in her mind to never let it influence her judgement, she walked into the room with the dining trolley, ignoring Romani's protests of 'I have been working hard too.' 

Roman seemed to be very afraid of Erica. From a single glance of her's, he obediently stood on the side while caressing the back of his neck and laughed shyly. 

'This childish king can't deal with strong women.'

Roy looked at Roman, thoughtfully.

Behind Erica followed Liliana, the upright and courageous knight who gave a polite bow upon seeing Romani whose salivating gaze was fixed on the dinner trolley, leaving Romani stilled for a moment on how to respond, ultimately leading him to respond with a flustered nod. 

"N, ni-nice to meet you! Miss Liliana! I-I am very, very pleased to meet you. Hehe~"

'Well, he can't even deal with polite woman, so basically, he is no good in front of opposite gender?'

Roy promptly changed his opinion. 

"Excuse me, King Solomon. I wonder if today I will have the honor to continue listening to your teachings?"

In the end, Alice, the European White Princess, the one who is the most interested in Solomon treaded from being Liliana, donning a white hooded sweatshirt. 

As the former speaker of the Council of Sages, coupled with her character to unceremoniously join in the fun, she is very interested in speaking with Solomon, the King renowned for his God given wisdom. 

Roy glanced at Alice twice and asked worriedly, "How is your body?"

"No worries, my King. My body has mostly recovered, but now I can't continue to use the witch's spiritual powers for a while. After the King completes his business with King Solomon in a few days, you can get me an 'injection'."

Princess Alice responded with flushed cheeks and blinked at Roy, her eyes gleaming ambiguously. 

Erica steps halted on hearing the ambiguous speech of Princess Alice, her face moved slightly as she muttered under her breath, "Hmph, old vixen."

Liliana on the side also understood the deeper meaning in Princess Alice's words, her head started to steam like boiling water. 

Thereafter, the few people spent the night eating the dinner together and chatting with each other, making the atmosphere jolly and light-hearted. 

In the process, Princess Alice was also asking questions with Romani answering then while simultaneously eating his strawberry flavored ice cream. Most of the questions where on his experiences rather than on magic. 

Although Romani had been complaining about work, he did his best to fulfill his promise. Even answering questions out of working hours, possibly, he was enjoying the joy of communicating with his kin as a human. 

..... 

At ten o'clock in the night when moon hid behind the cloudy sky, all the girls left. Only Roy and Romani were left in the room. Roy was also quite depressed. He can obviously make his night colorful. 

His love life had just started, moreover he has still not eaten up Liliana. But now he has to live in the same room with a man, quite similar to his college days when it was just him and his animes together accompanied with his solitude. 

Nevertheless, as a godslayer, Roy didn't dare to let his guard down completely. It's the nature of Heretic God to wander around the earth, it's not under their own will, so he can only reluctantly live with Romani sharing this room, at the same time to monitor him.

If someone told Roy in the past that the wise King Solomon was actually a useless man, Roy absolutely wouldn't believe but now he has to believe it.

The greatest king of Israel in all ages was sitting at the desk, laughing with a computer in his arms, digging out a hook of cake from time to time and putting it in his mouth to taste while treating the strawberries on the cake with great care. He still had countless emptied bottles of coke on the side. 

Anyway, the Wise King was watching some idol broadcasts with gusto, his expressions extremely rich changing with each second, he had a strong sense of substitution with each move of the host. 

He will laugh when the host smirked and cried when the other party was sad, and when he was asked to give a reward, he would bashfully ask Roy for some money, clearing that it was the remuneration for his work. 

Although Roy suspected of Romani being deceived, but looking at his pitiful expression was he was embarrassed not to pay.

"This anchor is also amazing for being able make 'The' King Solomon pay."

Roy sighed. He now partly believes that Romani's name is in Japanese, because Romani mainly watches live broadcasts of Japanese teenage girls who do cosplay. 

Hmm, a shy man's taste can be unique. 

In addition to watching live broadcasts while eating cakes and drinking coke, Romani's favorite thing to do in the rest of his free time is to read random books. 

The books he reads are very mixed ranging from comics to model magazines, including some rare XXX version of a certain genre which comes like a holy Bible to the stressed teenagers of this era, treasured under his bed mattress, from Roy's point of view those are useless knowledge, but Romani still watches with great interest. 

Truly, the internet is a well of unending depravity which led even the all pure and innocent King Solomon to turn into a true 'Man of Culture', which is in fact truly consistent with most men of this era.

Obviously he can learn these things in an instant as long as he turns on the wisdom of God, but he wants to read the books in a human way. According to him, "Only in this way can I be more like a human."

Well, it cannot be denied either, because Reproduction is the only chapter in biology which garners equal interests from students of all dispositions. 

For this man who now possesses humanity and is trying to learn how to be a human being, Roy let's him do as he pleases as long as he doesn't crosses certain lines. 

"Hey, Roman, I am a bit sleepy, so I will be going to bed first. Play slowly by yourself. Haaaf~"

Roy breathed a little and said sleepily.

Thought Godslayers are powerful, they are ultimately still in the range of humans, not sleeping for a day or two is fine but going on without sleep can lessen their concentration and stamina. 

"Okay~ Go to bed. Don't worry about me. I will wake you up tomorrow~! Gosh, Mika-chan, you are so cute, Umu~"

Without looking back, Roman continued to look at the computer screen with a exaggerated smirk with can be associated to be borderline perverted, and consideratingly lessened the speakers to prevent it from disturbing his sleep. 

"Even if you amplify the sound, it's okay. I won't be disturbed by this kind of thing when I sleep. Yeah, there are a bunch of snacks and drinks in the refrigerator. You can eat and drink while playing on the computer, it feels stimulating. Tissues are in the drawer, throw it into the dustbin only."

"Huh—! N, n-no, t-this-"

Roy passed on his 'experiences' to Romani and turned back with a stretch without even listening to his clarification. 

"Haaaaa—"

He breathed out again. After saying goodnight, he layed down on the bed, comfortably sinking his head into the calling of the cozy pillows. 

The following days were ordinary, like the daily life of an ordinary person. Every day engrossed in work and study, every day full of light moments of joy as if the happiness will go on forever. 

Like mentioned in the fairy tales, "And they happily lived ever after. The End."

But, the same "and they lived happily ever after" is one of the most tragic sentences in literature, tragic because it tells a falsehood about life and has led countless generations of people to expect something from human existence which is not possible on this fragile, imperfect earth. 

The "happy ending" is just both a romantic illusions and a psychological handicap. 

Similarly, what has to come will eventually come. And, so came—the seventh day. 

——————————————

Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, but it is also the motivating force for mankind, which includes me. 

So, if you want and desire, support me at Patreon with advance chapters~

patreon.com/LoreTemple

Special thanks to *Oluwatimileyin Olayemi*

_________________________

53