Ch-84: The Heretical Genius With A Screw Loose
1.1k 5 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roy gestured the affrighted driver to continue driving. 

"My friend, are you chasing some beautiful girl? Yeah I once out of curiousity did that too, it was not challenging in anyway, very boring. Anyways, people say to stop disturbing those who have no interest in you, I was even labelled as a bad guy back then, they also named me with something like pa-pervart? Maybe... perfect? Oh-! So they were praising me, really, I am too perfect a man to chase after a woman!"

"Pwff! Hahaaaha!"

A chuckle escaped Roy's lips as he said: "Society is really funny. 'They' ask you to be yourself and yet they judge you. I'm now really curious, did Council of Sages give you a title for your perfectness, Lord Salvatore 'Pervert' Doni. But, I have to admit, in terms of narcissism and boasting, you precede any other Campione."

"Huh? No..? When did I boast? You are totally mistaken, my friend, I'm telling you, even if you turn over the whole earth, you will not find a more honest Campione than me! My every word is as pure as a golden sword–!'

"Moreover, Sister Luo Hao already firmly sits on that seat. Anyways~! Throw all this into hell! Let's have a good time. Since you were waiting for me here, you must also be eager to fight with me! Let's clash!"

The King of Swords exclaimed with his eyes beaming in excitement, shining brighter than the blazing sun outside.

"Lord Salvatore Doni, this is the city of Rome. Please refrain from even moving with your previous remarks. This is an extremely dangerous statement."

A rebuke sounded from the front seat, it was not Roy, but the man who boarded with Salvatore. This thirty year old business suited man procured a stern look, almost basking the King of Swords with an exonerate tone.

Roy placed his interest on this man of whom he has heard so much about– Great Knight Andrea Rivera. 

This man and Salvatore Doni were and maybe still are friends, their relationship dates back even before Salvatore became a Campione. 

Even if others were to disregard that, Rivera is still able to criticize this moronic devil king directly without fear; with this fortitude and diligence of his which can be admired by many, in doing so he had obtained this role or title as [The King's Butler].

Salvatore was not angry with the rebuke but responded with a dejected look like a child who was admitting his wrongdoings: "...ah! Ok, ok, I got it, I got it, Andre, you are really no fun."

Lord Salvatore Doni, The Sixth Campione, The King of Swords, The Heretical Genius and Europe's Greatest Swordsman. 

A pure sword idiot, a carefree and irresponsible person that brings disaster toward his associates. The kind of person who can be fighting to the death against another person, and yet later sit down to drink with them, while cracking one or two crappy jokes and resoundingly laughing on them. 

Despite having a major flaw, that can be easily exploited, Doni has not faced any extreme situations, all because of this competent butler who handles all the overwhelming head-wrenching affairs of this Sword Manic. Doni can still normally fit in the human society. It can be said that this butler has contributed the most.

Salvatore Doni has always been very famous throughout Italy, even before playing the wondrous feat of Godslaying. It was not his power that led to him becoming famous, on the contrary, the reason he happened to be famous was because of his weakness.

Salvatore Doni was born without the ability to store magical energy in his body, rendering him unable to perform magic, which ultimately resulted in him failing to become a Knight Templar, since being a knight requires one to know an adequate amount of magic and swordsmanship. 

However, the world seemed to have not given up on him; despite being a mana insulator, he came out to be an otherworldly genius in terms of martial arts, especially swordsmanship. 

Saint Raffaello once stated that he was able to master all of her sword techniques in a mere span of a month, while even the Narcissistic Luo Hao stated that his skill in terms of the sword was on par with hers.

Being a failed knight, he often took dirty jobs that a normal templar knight such as Erica or Liliana wouldn't take, one of these jobs once required him to go to a museum in Turkey. 

There, he was possessed by the divine spirit of St. George. The spirit of St. George, hungering to hunt a god, made him travel to Ireland, where he spent the better part of a year hunting Gods. 

Eventually, he found the gates to the Fairy Realm, where Nuadha manifested to challenge him. The spirit of St. George was ultimately killed by Nuadha, after which Doni challenged Nuadha to a duel and managed to slay Nuadha, making him the Sixth Godslayer.

As a Godslayer, he's called "the strongest knight of Italy" and "Europe's strongest swordsman". His lack of magical knowledge and skill, yet still being able to fight well enough to slay a Heretic God makes some call him– a 'heretical genius.'

"I was not here waiting for you, my 'friend'. You found me yourself."

Roy stated plainly, his body expression was already saying blantly 'you are not welcome here'. 

But... 

"My friend, don't be so boring. I just ran out on a whim, and then I met you. If this is not fate than what else it is?"

Like how the sun still continues to rise from the east, the 'most beloved son of Epimetheus' still continued to live upto his name. 

He wriggled closer beside Roy with a big grin, and hugged Roy's shoulders directly like a close friend who he has not met for years. With an annoyed expression, Roy sided his head and even vocally expressed his emotions with a 'tsk'. 

"Why do you so desperately want to fight with me? Because I usurped your identity as the King of Italy?"

"Ahaha~! I don't care about that kind of thing at all. You can take it if you like it so much. My friend! Although Andrea once told me, it would make me lose my majesty, for which I don't give a f–"

"Speech, Lord Salvatore."

"But so what, I've lost my face for many years, and I don't even care about it anymore. When I heard that you killed the old errie green-eyed man of Eastern Europe, I was so excited to challenge you, I wanted to directly run to you. That old man looks terrific. If I fought with him. It's even impossible to tell the final outcome."

Salvatore Doni whole heartily settled his thinking. He was very honest and vocal with his opinions. 

Knowing that a new king has taken away his own domain and authority, one will definitely be furious. Setting off a boundless chains of disaster, making the betrayers pay the faithful price can presumed to be the most normal course of reaction. 

But Salvatore can still genuinely laugh off these things, without a flat face, proves that this man wholeheartedly lives only for the sword.

It's not that Roy's ideals are big or that Salvatore's ideals are small. It's just that the two of them live in their own very different ways.

Although the King of Swords annoys him like no tomorrow, but his unique charisma and interesting talks is non-repelling. 

"I still have things to do and don't have time to fight with you."

Roy continued to refuse. At the same time he gestured with his eyes towards the Salvatore's Butler to take away his King far away with him. 

"Is it important..? I heard from my sources that you are looking for Heretic Gods nowadays. Sure enough, you also like to fight with strong opponents. It's okay. I can wait for you to finish and then we two can fight again. What about the venue? I heard Amazon Fo–"

Salvatore didn't even listen to the explanation and marched on with his own thoughts.

Roy bored eyes glimmered for a moment as he interrupted: "Salvatore. You know why the human history has been passed down for thousands of years, and even the mythology has been passed down for thousands of years. Yet, till today the oldest Godslayers are less than three hundred years old. What about the ones before? Where are they?"

"Hey?"

Salvatore froze for a moment, then nodded with an open mouth. "You are right, where have all the previous Godslayers gone?"

He asked blankly. 

"There is an existence among the Heretic Gods called... The King of the End or The King Who Manifests at the World's End. And... The King Who Manifests at the World's End is the title given to the hero who assumed the Godslayer's extermination fate."

"The King of the End, he would sleep while waiting for the birth of the demon kings to accumulate and, to exterminate them all at once. Whenever the number of Godslayers reaches a certain level, he will wake up and kill the new ones. Then he will again go to sleep, waiting for the Godslayers to accumulate. And... he will wake up, soon."

Roy's tone was very serious, expressing his worries for the Last King. 

Salvatore hasn't spoken yet when his butler Andrea sprung up in a hurry: 

"King Roy, there has never been any mention of any entity like the King of the End. Could it be that this is Solomon's eyes, that enlightened it to you?"

This power has caused quite a sensation among countless scholars and research mages, and has been quite in controversy, because being able to read on the past information at will represents endless knowledge and secrets that can be browsed casually.

Although it does not possess direct combat power, it allows Roy to always take the lead in any situation, placing him not only as the most powerful Campione but also the most feared one too. 

"Hmh, yes, this is the product of 'Solomon's Wisdom'. According to the revelation.. I probably know that the place where the 'Last King' sleeps is on an island in the Pacific Ocean."

"If you really want to find an opponent, go to the Pacific to find the Last King. As the one who slays Campiones, his strength is naturally very high."

Roy was afraid that Salvatore had the ability to feel intuitive of truth or false, so he didn't lie at all. 

What Roy said was the truth, but there was vagueness and ambiguity in his words. The 'Last King' was indeed sleeping on an island in the Pacific Ocean, more specifically on an Island country, but he didn't directly pinpointed the location but left it vague. 

But this information can easily mislead others. He can envisioned Salvatore rushing to the vast Pacific Ocean to pointlessly search for all the islands.

Sure enough, after hearing the news from Roy, Salvatore looked-need. The sword king resolutely opened the door of the car and said to Andrea. 

"Andrea, come to the Pacific with me. Such a powerful opponent, can't let others go ahead."

At the same time, he turned to Roy and said, "...thank you so much for the news. My friend! We are really good friends. Wait until I solve this King of End. I will come to fight with you again."

"Go—"

Before Roy could say his goodbye, under the twitching of his eyebrows... 

Theep! 

Salvatore took hold of his perplexed butler and directly jumped out from the running car with a 'wooho'. 

"..."

"Very well, now no one can interrupt my next 'date' with the goddess."

Announcement

Lore has been tainted and—it's official. A-Anyways, I-I have added the l-lemon you guys wanted so much *sniff*.

Ok, enough drama, now let's get to main course, the lemon has been added as the continuation of Ch-67: The Deepest 'Abyss' Known To Common Mankind! making it the biggest chapter of this ff (3700+ words, a late Christmas Surprise) 

It not only contains 's scenes' but will also let you all know Erica's character better. Go, read it guys~! 

———————————————

Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, but it is also the motivating force for mankind, which includes me. 

So, if you want and desire, support me at Patreꝍn with advance chapters~

patreꝍn.com/LoreTemple

Special thanks to *Oluwatimileyin Olayemi* and *GooseElite*

_________________________

45