Ch-89: Oh Lord What Do I Do!
1.1k 13 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Athena was cutely sipping onto her new serving of Cappuccino, made by the 'silver headed girl', of course. 

Erica and Liliana still had there gazes fixed on the Goddess before them, but this time, with subtle confusion and utter bafflement. 

Liliana was by far the most perplexed of all these encounters. First King Solomon, a idiot otaku as her king called him and then this... Cat goddess who likes milk? Buy one Otaku, and get a foodie free! free! free?! 

Why is the world of these Gods so hard and complicated to understand? Do we humans have always had the wrong perception of these Heretic Gods?

These Disasterical Gods are nothing more than Otakus, Foodies, Perverts, Lolicons, etc? 

...but whatever the case may be, she has to admit one thing that—oh my god, Chibi Athena is so damn cute!

Liliana peeked at her friend, as expected she had composed her back to the previous state.

'Erica is really a unhinged knight. Ahh, when would I learn to remain unperpetuated in all situations like Erica?', she thought. 

Erica held a poker face and stood uprightly behind her King, or atleast it seemed so...

'Ahhh, I really want to snuggle her! If only she wasn't a God... what a pity', some 'heretic' thoughts were taking rounds her mind. 

From the humanity's point of view, Heretic Gods are disasters, and Campiones limit the disaster by about 67%, and also the fact that their selfishness indicates the human will to live. Which is why they are either determined, reckless, intellectual, or charismatic, lucky fools.

That being said, it is something of an unspoken truth that Campione, or at least the vast majority of them, are knuckleheads at heart or brain, or even in both. 

For they are not only the only humans to have slain a Heretic God, they are also the only humans foolish enough to try in the first place. 

Campiones, due to the method of obtaining their rank, are depicted as evil tyrannical monsters from everyone in the magic world. 

So that every magician fears their wrath and serve out of fear of the frequent evil they pursue. However, this judgement is technically false. 

Campione's are indeed dangerous and destructive, but that is only due to them fighting, or abusing their power. Some are indifferent of others' concern at their goals but most of the magic world forget that Campione are human in nature. 

But regardless of their flaws Campione's are grand kings. Their power serves as a necessary evil. 

So, all said and done, it cannot be denied that throughout the ages, Campiones, though costly, have been an umbrella above the human civilization. 

How? Of course by doing what they are most competent in—Killing the Gods. And now, Erica and Liliana, seem to be witnessing a history. 

A peaceful negotiation between a Heretic God and a Campione! Their king was even inviting the Goddess to stay in his own residence, a absolute horror to even think of such. 

Though Athena did unknowingly brush some goodwill from the two knight girls, to them the safety of their king was of the top most priority.

Even Athena didn't expect Roy to be so courageous, to even think of inviting her inside his abode. 

She placed the newly finished cup down and stared back with her slit like purple eyes. 

"Such ridiculous and bold remarks... This goddess couldn't decide if she should praise you as a brave man or a total fool?"

"This goddess used to think that the lecherous Zeus was one of a kind, whose libido even puts Satyrs into shame. Lust taking over brain, how foolish!"

Athena's eyes flashed with deep wisdom and ridicule. 

"Vanquish your foolish dreams to even desire this goddess's body, human. This Goddess is Athena—"

"Pwft—Ahahaha!"

Athena's words only brought a fit of laughter from Roy as if he had heard a good joke. 

"Goddess Athena, did anyone ever told you how overly narcissistic you are? Just take a look at my knights, don't you think you have some assets missing? Where does that mountain top confidence comes from? What gives? I have not become that desperate yet, child~"

Roy pointed at Erica and Liliana with his finger, especially his eyes praising their alluring curvaceous figure and then returned a mocking look.

"Ahhhhhh—! Dumb Idiot! Foolish human! T-This is not even the real body of this goddess, if you saw the real body of this goddess you wouldn't dare to say that again in a hundred lifetimes!"

The expression on Athena's lovely, crystal-clear and pretty face was morphed with childish anger while her expression turned sullen.

She is a noble goddess, even after getting demoted from her position as the Monarch of Gods, she still occupies a high position in the Greek Mythos. 

Even if he is Campione – a Godslayer, a supreme ruler, a devil king or a ruler, molesting an ancient goddess in this way, is a total blasphemy of this foolish human! 

"Just tell me if you agree or not."

Roy interrupted while showing signs of impatience, he cannot allow this cunning loli goddess to take the upper advantage in the negotiations. 

'Little lass you must be dreaming if you are think that this uncle Crowley will give you chance to take the upper hand~'

Athena's expression calmed down, her wise eyes looked at Roy, and she said lightly: 

"Inviting this goddess in your base, aren't you afraid human?"

"Just look at those mountains dressed in sparkling white snow. This beautiful scenery inviting of praises. As per our first agreement clause, we will not talk about fighting and killing. We will only talk about the beauty of wind and snow, but it is limited for today."

Roy motioned Liliana with his eyes to bring him some snacks. 

Athena didn't deny or affirm, but just continued to ask: "Apart from this, what other clauses are there?"

"The second and the last clause is very simple. As long as you abide by the first clause, I will give you the Gorgon Stone. Let you restore into the true form of 'Athena' and then we will have a battle."

"If I killed you, I will get to usurp your power, if I defeated and captured you instead, you will become my captive, and become my possession for the rest of my life."

"Similarly, if you killed me, you won the Gorgon Stone. If you defeated and captured me, for this lifetime, I will become yours. How is it Goddess Athena? Just and fair, right?"

Roy leaned forward and approached Athena's petite and beautiful face.

Athena didn't shy away either, she looked directly into Roy's gem like eyes. Her tone was sharp: "You really have thoughts about this goddess that you shouldn't dare to have."

"I won't deny this. Didn't I say earlier about my urge to take you home and raise you tenderly? Don't worry~ I wouldn't do a boring jobs of forcing myself on a girl, more when there is serious lack of assets~ Oh why? Athena, the Goddess of War and Wisdom., don't you dare to make this bet with me?"

Roy raised his brows while taunting in a proud and provocative tone.

"...No need to provoke me human. This goddess knows that there must be traps and conspiracies in your actions, but wisdom tells this one, that this may be my easiest change to regain the Gorgon Stone."

"—Of course, this goddess is Athena, the Queen of the Ancient Mediterranean! This one once cut down the Godslayer that tried to lay his hands on this goddess."

"So, the Son of the Fool, since you are willing to fight for the victory as the 'Goddess of War' how could this goddess refuse!"

Although Athena's voice was immature but her posture remained dignified and arrogant, in sharp contrast with her petite body and appearance.

Roy was also amazed by Athena's decisiveness. He smiled and asked, "...Goddess Athena, are you not afraid of me turning back on my words?"

"It's okay. If you dared to break the promise, this goddess will personally kill you. Moreover, this goddess can see, you are like those heroes in myths and legends, either you will make a promise or not make one at all."

"Don't worry, if you are killed, this goddess will bestow you the glory of death that a hero deserves."

Athena said in a sincere tone with a little bit of regret. Although she hates the heroes of steel, she will not deny the heroic behavior of the some, not many—some, only some heroes of steel deserves praise. 

Roy stroked his nose as if the praises made him feel shy... 

"Ha, I'm a bit embarrassed to be so highly praised by the Goddess Athena herself. But, I think hero is a bit far outstretched, I prefer you to call me villian, maybe a heroic villian? By the way, I hope Goddess will too keep with her end of the agreement."

...yeah, he was not shy at all. 

"It's a matter of course. This Goddess is after all the Athena. The ugly evil gods of Mt. Olympus don't know what glory and pride is, but this goddess will keep her promise. Otherwise, Athena's godhead will fall."

The goddess Athena said flatly.

"Don't worry, Goddess Athena, even though I am a Godslayer, I am only a mortal after all. My lifespan is only a few hundred years at most. When I die a few hundred years later, you will be free again."

Roy's arrogant words as if the victory was already in his bag made Athena smile, and the goddess retorted her tender but crisp voice:

"Your annoying arrogant nature is still there human. This arrogance is a splash of insult to this one, but please don't worry if this goddess is defeated by you, even when you die of old age, this goddess will honour her promise."

"As the goddess who has the power of the underworld, this goddess will continue to accompany you even in the realm of death human."

"Uff! This kind of declaration of relentless love—makes me a little bit overwhelmed with tears of joy. Oh Lord what do I do! This goddess is just too cute!"

Faced with the bold remarks of Athena, Roy comically pressed his chest as if a arrow of love had passed through his young heart. 

———————————————

Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, but it is also the motivating force for mankind, which includes me. 

So, if you want and desire, support me at Patreꝍn with advance chapters~

patreon.com/LoreTemple

Special thanks to *Oluwatimileyin Olayemi* and *GooseElite*

_________________________

43