Ch-95: Bane Of My Advantages
929 3 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'It doesn't matter. What has to done, has to done.'

Piiiiish-! Piiiiish-! Piiiiish-! 

Seeing a flock of giant owl-headed awls that looked even more vicious than the one from before, descending in numbers from the sky, Roy facial muscles twitched.

He didn't have the time to pay attention to the damage that the previous attack had done to his protective rune coverings. He quickly raised his hand to read the incarnation out loud. 

"The Sulfur Of Hell Shall Gush Out Of It's Bounds! The Heavenly Fire Of Damnation Shall Fall From High Above!" 

"Now Is The Time, And I Will Give Thee The Grave Of Thy Sins!"

The sky that was once again clouded black under Athena's presence were affected by the call of his Authority. The sky turned golden red like sun. 

Crimson hot lava gushed out of the crevices of the devastated surroundings. Countless blazing groups of meteor fire fell from the convulsing vortexes in the sky, and surge of the flames of hell exuding a retching sulfur scent gushing from the depths of the earth.

Taking beating one handed was not his style, he rather preferred to be the one to punch the enemy in it's face. 

Thum-! Thum-! Thum-! 

Quuu-! Kieeeeu-! Pieeeeeew-! 

The ominous owl-headed awls exonerated squeaky gut-wrenching scream just like a living night owl. 

The Fire of Heaven and the Flame of Hell held no mercy, they directly enveloped the projectiles in the air that sought to harm their master as they came in contract with each other. 

Bluuu-! Bluuu-! 

Heaven and hell were never to be a mix together, it has always been a volatile relationship.

Boooom-! 

A bright eye-blinding luminescence, and the pangs of countless flames rampaged, as if a group of missiles were bombed at the same time in the same area.

Boooom-! Boooom-! 

The deafening explosions continued.

Roy was stiffly holding the side of his abdomen, the prior awl that should have vanished under the crushing of the runes had somehow bypassed the remaining covering of runes, puncturing a hole on his firm muscled abdomen. 

Pain-! 

Like a snake's vicious bite, like the silent gnawing of the death. 

Those awls definitely contained the laws of anti-magic, curse, poison and decay, if not more. 

–But this time the poisonous death will not be soothing and cunning, human. It would be painful, extremely painful.

That's what Athena had previously said to him. 

The pain was like countless maggots gnawing on his bones first into pieces and rechewing it, the solace of death would have felt better then this vicious curse-like torment. The wound itself was not as serious as the pain was, torturing a person's mentality. 

Fortunately he was only hit by just one awl, so his Godslayer physique was still able to hold on. 

Remembering the previous collective group of the same awls brought chills on the back of his neck. 

'Fortunately.'

Even though he is not a Titan like Prometheus who was bound with chains on a mountain for an eagle to eat his immortal liver every day for centuries and could still live. 

But, even if his internal organs are chomped off, he can still grow a new one. 

But if he gets continued to injured by those damned awls, it is sure that he will undoubtedly see death sooner, more so when even his only recovery Divine Authority has been expended. 

Puchi-! 

Roy decisively grabbed the cursed decaying abdomen flesh on his left side with his right hand, gritting his teeth in determination, he sank his figures into the flesh and ripped it out off. 

Athena who was slicing the continuous onslaught of the blazing meteors with her sickle in half did not wait for Roy to gather his bearings. She raised her another unoccupied hand and released another group of deadly projectiles. 

"It's endless!"

Roy let out a low growl, and shouted out loud to envoke his powers. 

"Holy! Holy! Holy! My Glorious Bright Fills The World!"

Behind him, a phantom of an Archangel rose and merged into him. Above his head, a bright holy halo emerged, twelve golden white holy wings unflured on his back, followed by the change of his physique. 

Roy quickly dodged those incoming deadly projectiles with 'Graced Wings', the missed projectiles shot on the mountain, shooting the mountain wall into a sieve.

"This immortality is a freaking cheat. Even if the body is cut off, it will be restored, if the body is thrashed into meat paste, it can crawl out again. If the soul is annihilated, as long as there is even a wisp of soul left, it can reincarnate again. A cockroach is not as tenacious as this."

Roy flying in the air felt tricky and bloodless. Fighting with Athena is even more tasking than cornering a hedgehog. 

No matter how he chops or crushes her, he won't be able to win if this situation remains. When he goes exhausted, her sickle will fall on his head to harvest his life.

But that also ignited his greed more. To emerge victorious in this battle. To have this power for his own biddings. 

"Isn't it perfectly normal, so why are whining about it, human? This honourable self is the goddess of snake."

"No matter how the snake is injured, it will shed its skin and be reborn. A woman will not die even if she sheds blood her whole life. It's the unchanging law of the universe. No matter how much a male contributes, without a life-giving female the race will go instinct."

Athena's smile held both elegance and triumphant pride, her voice calling to Roy was quite gentle and soothing. But the killing intent in the narrowed pupils where hungrier and more wilder. 

"Human, your power is mainly taken from that Michael, although it is strong, but there are many restrictions, let this goddess see how much longer can you hold on with your performance."

Athena's words made his face sink. She was indeed the Goddess of Wisdom, a brief fight, and she already has a high understanding of his powers. She even caught the problem of restrictions even when he tried to direct her attention elsewhere.

'The trash talking power worked wonders on the Old Marquis. So why is her battle IQ still online? Because she is a Goddess of Wisdom..?'

"Huuuu..."

'This fake loli goddess is a bane of my advantages.'

Even if he looked back with his Eye Of The Yore, Athena is one of the few hand numbered God who stands at the apex of all the Heretic Gods, but the previous her before she was weakened and the current her felt very different. 

It was not the difference in power, it was the difference in technique. 

Campiones are a kind of magical existence, an exaggerated existence of luck. 

When someone kills the Heretic God and becomes a Godslayer due to luck, only the first encounter to kill the Gods is the most difficult and live threatening.

But as long as the first time is a success, the Godslayers and the Heretic Gods become the existence of equal levels. 

Maybe because they are blessed with extraordinary luck in the first place, Godslayers are the ones who always either survive or win in the end. 

So the usurption of more power forms a virtuous circle. The Heretic Gods seem more like lucrative exp packets, a sheep to be slaughtered. 

It can even be said that as long as the Godslayers have lived long enough, possessing a variety of Authorities, they even start taking it as a source of entertainment, to hunt the Heretic Gods, just like Marquis Voban.

However, there are always some exceptions. 

Throughout the ages, except for the Last King, Athena is the only God who has killed the Godslayers and has never been defeated either by a Godslayer or a God. 

And this brave goddess had completely transformed into a Goddess of War. 

The menacing sickle was no longer in her hand, her right hand was holding a slender long sword with a sickle protrusion along one edge near the tip of the blade, while the other hand was holding the all-famous Aegis, featuring the head of the Gorgon Medusa on the top. 

She was also donning a Spartan like armor and a helmet with a T-shaped opening, stuck with a red feather on her head. 

The valiant Goddess of War leaped at the only figure in her eyes and mauled her sword forward. 

Crish! Crash! 

The knuckle-like rings met with the sword. 

Swing! Slash! 

The two speedy figures engaged in close combat.

Zing! 

Roy rained down his pair of fists and Athena tackled with her shield and aimed for gaps with her sword. Slowly, but surely, with each passing flurry of attacks Roy's situation was becoming dire, he was at a disadvantage. 

Because of another of those 'unexpected' surprises. 

Athena's martial arts skill had already penetrated the realm of the Gods! Becoming the only God to match the 'Strongest of Steel' terms of marital skills! 

'It's endless.'

Even if Roy has mastered the <Jacob's Limbs>, reaching the extreme of martial skills in one step, but his extreme is only at the level of Gods, the pinnacle of Gods.

Metatron and even Solomon that Roy had met in the past did not possess such exaggerated martial art skills. 

Because he had never started the martial arts from basics he couldn't make the head or tail of how to break his current limit. 

'I need a master!'

His offense was slowly turning into defensive and Athena's defense into dominant offensive. 

<Jacob's Limbs> is no doubt a top level Authority, but Roy could do nothing to fix the huge skill gap. 

The reason he was still holding on was because of this Divine Authority. 

'A Teacher—one who can teach me to push myself beyond the level of Gods.'

He thought. 

Luo Hao is someone revered in martial community as the Martial Empress, but she could not teach him. 

Her martial skill is also at pinnacle of Gods, or maybe even a little lower than his. 

Aiwass is out of question, her body technique was innate and unfit for human body. 

What he needs is the real combat skill that goes beyond the limits of Gods, that can kill Gods with based on martial skills. 

So.... 

There was a problem, a big one—there was the demand, but no supply. 

———————————————

Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, but it is also the motivating force for mankind, which includes me. 

So, if you want and desire, support me at Patreꝍn with advance chapters~

patreon.com/LoreTemple

Special thanks to *Oluwatimileyin Olayemi* and *GooseElite*

_________________________

38