Ch-98: The Power Of ‘7=4’
974 5 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dazzling light flashed, tearing through the darkness. The black hole that was enough to plow the planet's surface to the mantle turned off like a flickering bulb before the flash of the 'Omnipotent Victory'.

If one looked at earth down from space, they will see an extremely bright light flashing in the Swiss Alps in Europe, and then shooting outwards in all directions, beginning to spread in low Earth orbit, and this also in the blink of an eye. 

Reaching the Arctic Circle in the north, crossing the Strait of England to the Atlantic Ocean in the west, crossing the Mediterranean Sea in the south, and reaching the border of Asia and Europe in the east, encompassing almost all of the Europe.

In an instant, anyone who was in Europe saw the entire sky turn golden for the blink of an eye, causing panic among countless people.

Transcendents from all walks of life in Europe and the government naturally got to see the glory that covered the whole of Europe. As for how they will explain it to the common people, no one knows, but it's for sure that a cheap excuse of a gas explosion will not work this time.

The brilliance gradually dimmed at the most dazzling time until it completely disappeared, and what appeared in it's wake was a used-to-be chain of mountains, which was now a highland with a flat top, a plateau to be more legit.

This miraculous level of destruction was not caused by his 'Omnipotent Light', but by the previous gravity storm of Athena's 'Black Sword'. 

His 'Omnipotent Light' only works on his selected target, in this case, Athena, so although the brilliance was so exaggerated, covering the entire European continent, but in fact it caused close to no damage to the material world.

He looked at swinging golden mosaic arm on his right shoulder, using the 'Omnipotent Victory' for the second time, proved his analysis he had on the operation and current working of the 'Hand'. 

His previous hypothesis was wrong, 'Hand' is not after the ultimate move or anything such! 

What it needs is the 'data' of the maximum output of the opponent. Mainly, the maximum output can only be displayed with the strongest attack move. 

It wouldn't react if a target's ultimate card only has a healing effect, what it needs is the 'data' of highest attacking mode of it's target. 

He doesn't know how the 'data' of the maximum output of the target was exactly calculated, but...

If he can computes this measurement himself even if his target has never showed their maximum output to him, can his right hand give him victory beforehand without the need to wait for the maximum output? 

If he continues to deduct the stars, the solar system, the Milky Way, the sub-system of the Milky Way, the group of galaxies, the supercluster of galaxies, and even the entire universe as the target, then will this 'hand' shatter them to provide him victory? 

If yes, then this authority or power can even defeat the entities with the number of '7=4', a level lower than the Magic Gods, and his father too, because shattering galaxies and universe, that is the level that only Gods of Magic can achieve. 

But this is now still just one of his theories. 

"It's ridiculous. Hu-!"

On the surface of this broken Alpine plane, Athena lay on the ground panting violently.

"It's so ridiculous, we were inexplicably defeated like this. This goddess does not recognize it, we cannot accept the loss with such a ending!"

There are no scars or deeper injuries on Athena's body. Those blood stains and bruises that were still on face was made by his fist before. 

The 'attack' of the 'Omnipotent Victory', incomprehensible, unspeakable, a non-process attack method, it is neither a physical collision nor is it not a magical destruction. 

People hit by the 'light' will be like Athena, falling into shock and disbelief, just like Marquis Voban, the previous victim of this bitter experience. 

Because they didn't know why they lost, and why they lost so thoroughly.

Athena's arms supported her body from the ground, she wanted to sit up, but she found that even such a simple movement was extremely difficult.

The "Black Sword" is Athena's ultimate move, but it is not the kind of secret art that will make her lose combat effectiveness after using it. 

On the contrary, with Athena's remaining reserves, she could have even invoked more "Black Sword", even two or three times in a row.

After using the "Black Sword" on Roy, she should have enough strength to continue fighting, but…

Her physical strength was gone, her stamina hit rock bottom, and her mana pool was dissipated, as if the flash of light had stolen her divine nature as a goddess. 

"No, not it has taken away the status of divine power, that beam of light is not such a superficial thing."

Athena use her wisdom, deep into the thinking and suddenly said: 

"Yes, yes... it took away this goddess 'victory', so all the elements that can guarantee our victory disappeared. Incomprehensible, abstruse, this ability is too unreasonable!"

Amber snake pupils slowly came upto Roy, gazing at the mosaic hands on Roy's right shoulder.

"....This victory is justified, this loss is justified, hahaha!"

"Ha ha ha ha ha! This not a superficial power usurped from others, this is your own strength, Roy Mrkl Crowley, so you will have the power to save the world and even destroy the world, it's called Michael's Authorities, but that's only seems like an archetype to guide you to tap the power within yourself!"

Athena laughed, her voice carried joy, even though she was defeated, her spirits were still uplifted, unlike Marquis Voban who kept crying injustice. 

"What's so funny in that, Athena. Not only this power, all the authorities l have earned are mine. What comes in my lap becomes mine."

Roy slowly walked towards her side, he was covered in bloody, as if he may drop dead the next second from blood loss, just from the appearance alone, Athena who seemed in a better state came across as to be the winner. 

"Godslayers, who Gods of Steel especially loathe and hate to an extreme degree for getting the fake glory and reputation with power stolen from them, has an existence whose own power is stronger than even the Strongest of Steel, now tell me how could it not be funny? Ahahahhaa!"

The amused goddess laugh again, a graceful charming smile hanged at the end of her lips, her 'healthy' rabbits hidden under her robe bounced with her shaking figure. 

After some time, she stopped smiling, her noble face turned seriously as she continued: 

"On you this goddess finally sees unlimited possibilities, your future can not be bound by the destiny, if it is you, the force of destiny will change, it will usher in a different outcome! Yes, just like the choice of destiny you like!"

He stopped the blood flowing throw his injuries with mana, fortunately Godslayer's physique was unlike a normal human, he endured the slight brain dizziness, watching the overjoyed famous Greek goddess of wisdom he asked: 

"Athena, is our agreement still valid?"

He does not think that an mouth-to-mouth agreement can really bound the goddess, the goddess of wisdom is also a synonym for cunning, one can always glimpse one or two such instances from the mythology, the goddess is not a conformist, if her bottom line is touched, she definitely would tear up the agreement regardless of the consequences. 

"This goddess has lost and so she is rightfully your, possession. Now you can either kill this goddess and increase your strength or take this body of mine."

"You can choose this body, this goddess is your possession but my will is still mine, and what's the use of a body without a will other than a beautiful doll for showcasing?"

"Anyways, I will follow whatever you choose."

"….But let us have you know, choosing my will less body over my power will mark your doom, and maybe by this goddess's own hands!"

Even though she couldn't move, she still held herself with the pride of a goddess, it was not a facade of bravado, but the true comfortableness with any result, willing to bear any fate, but in the end she will inevitably rise again, to recapture the glory of her pride.

To choose the body of the cunning goddess of wisdom who may kill him? 

Or, to choose the Authority of the Strongest of Earth? 

First option was dangerous, but if he could get the chance to work his wonders, the benifit will naturally be higher. 

But...

The danger was very high as well. 

Second option looked satisfactory at surface, but was lacklustre compared to the first one. However, it was much safer. 

It was confusing. 

But he was already ready with his own choice. 

———————————————

Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, but it is also the motivating force for mankind, which includes me. 

So, if you want and desire, support me at Patreon with advance chapters~

patreon.com/LoreTemple

Special thanks to *Oluwatimileyin Olayemi* and *GooseElite*

_________________________

40