Ch-110: Five Hundred Euros For A Godslayer Maid
887 4 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a small cafe-bar on the Agias Irinis Square, the two Godslayers and a Heretic Goddess were sitting together on the same table. Erica and Liliana were intrepidly sitting by Roy's side while maintaining the knightly etiquette.

The Athenian local mages were filling the nearby seats, booming the small business making the cafe's boss serve them with a big buddha like smile. 

The silent mages responded the boss's enthusiastic talks with stiff smiles, to them, the soft chair underneath felt pinned with needles. They wanted to leave, but they dared not to do so. 

Athena didn't pay a cent of attention to the surroundings; with her legs swinging two and fro, her hand naturally moved towards the second serving of the foaming cappuccino. 

For Heretic Gods, they would rather passionately communicate with ordinary mortals than to sit near the 'dirty' Godslayers. 

Roy's power can change her perception, or more appropriately fooled her body's senses, otherwise, with Athena's arrogance, she would never be willing to sit with a Campione whose existence alone felt revolting to her eyes. 

"Miss Aisha, about the money I paid for you..."

Roy held a profiting smile quite similar to the cafe's boss, if not more proficient. After ordering a few drinks for the whole party, the 'businessman' Roy directly steered the conversation towards the topic of money.

To any Godslayer, it would just take a flick of their finger to call for millions of euros, but not so for the 'unprivileged' Madame Aisha, so Roy didn't hesitate to hit Madame Aisha's pain point.

"Ah? O, Oh, yes, the money problem. Eto~, uhm, Mister, I-l am on relatively struggling terms now. I really don't have any kind of money on me. J, Just give me a few days, I will look for a part-time job and then pay you back from my salary. By the way, sir, you know my name, but I don't know yours. This is a bit unfair."

Mrs. Aisha's face turned red, but fortunately, her skin was wheatish brown, so the blush was not too obvious, saving the female godslayer from showing a embarrassing posture. 

"Roy Crowley, this is my name. I had my first time more than a year ago and became your compatriot, Madame Aisha. The seventh Campione."

Roy introduced himself with a proper gentleman etiquette. 

"By the way, because the stall owner got affected by your power and then by mine to solve yours, I guess he wouldn't be able to work for two to three days, so in order to compensate him, I gave him 500 euros!"

"That is to say, Mrs. Aisha, you have to pay me 500 euros in cash. With your capability, it wouldn't be hard for you to find a part-time job in Athens. However, the recent economic situation of Greece has been a bit on poor side. Five hundred euros. If you only work part-time, you will not be able to pay it off within a month or two. Maybe, in a few months?"

Honestly, he doesn't know about the recent economic conditions of Greece but while skillfully adopting a shrewd businessman's tactics, it's naturally rightful to fool your targets with 'proper dedication' and 'effort'.

"F, Few Months…."

Mrs. Aisha's lively expression stiffened, then she one again smiled in a relatively unnatural manner and said:

"T-Then I will apply for a full-time job, yes! A full time job! Uh, though it will take a few months. Mr. Roy c-can you wait for a few months, please?"

"Miss Aisha, if it's you, I don't mind waiting for a few month or even a few years, but the people of Athens will suffer, Miss Aisha, the kind and innocent populace of Athens will suffer greatly. Miss Aisha, you should know the uncontrollability of your powers, just like what happened on the street a few moments ago. If you stay here for a few months, sigh."

"Or, do you want to use your power to collect money from ordinary people? Speaking of which, under the control of your powers, as long as you speak, the fanatical citizens will definitely give all of their properties to you!"

"...The people of Greece are already living in dire straits. The government just went bankrupt not long ago, Miss Aisha. When your power's effectiveness disappears, the poor people who will have donated all their wealth to you, will be left alone with nothing, and they will not be able to support their wives and children. They will not able to send their childrens to school to get proper education, then, l-like this, the situation of the whole country will fall without qualified educated people. Then... then, there will be no more then..."

Roy tone turned compassionate and grieving. Under the influence of the 'Face of God', he seemed like a compassionate sage holding the sorrows of the common masses in his heart. 

The local Athenian mages were also busy desperately nodding their heads with such frequency that it looked as if it might fall off their shoulders the next second. 

The old Commander-in-Chief who was sitting on the same table with them already had large drops of tears in his reddened eyes. 

What a joke, to let Madame Aisha stay in Athens for a few month? This city will probably be already rolled over by then. It would be better to say ta-ta bye-bye to this city and look for a new and fresh habitat. 

"Mr. Roy, h-how can you say such things about me, I, I'm very angry with you~"

Mrs. Aisha flushed in indignation and opened her 'teeth' and 'claws', ready to throw a big tantrum.

"But I'm telling the truth."

"W, Well..."

A single sentence faltered the spirits of the vexed Queen of Mysterious Caves.

"I-I don't want to do it either. I also want to control my power, but I can't control it at all. Wuuu, I'm so useless."

Mrs. Aisha downheartedly lowered her head into her arms placed on the table and mewled in a melancholic tone.

"Don't worry, for a beautiful kind lady like you, I have a special suggestion. I don't know if Miss Aisha would give me some of your attention and listen to what I want to say?"

Roy promptly showed the 'fox tail' he had kept lowered all this time.

"To be able to do a mind-boggling deed like befriending a Heretic Goddess, Mr. Roy you already my idol. Please do tell me."

Mrs. Aisha lifted herself cheerfully with high expectations on her lovely face.

"It is a natural and righteous deed to pay off one's own debts, but Mrs. Aisha, your state is really not suitable for making money like common people. So, why not, Madame Aisha, you come to work for me, the salary is good, the treatment is even better, and you will soon be able to payback your debts. You would even be able to earn extra cash for your future travels. I know that you love adventure and travel. How about this suggestion?"

"Moreover, working by my side, the <Charm or Curse> that affects your day to day life the most, even if does activate, I can cancel it with my power, and if your <Beyond the Timeless Horizon> comes into play, as a Godslayer, I am naturally not afraid. You see, this is the perfect solution to all your problems."

Roy said with a big smile, a scene of the big bad wolf luring the kind little Red Riding Hood was being enacted here.

No one else in the room spoke. Erica, Liliana, and the mages of Athens all knew that Roy was duping Miss Aisha. Athena also gave Roy a light look. The snake-like beautiful amethyst eyes of the goddess of wisdom were full of approval. 

Of course Mrs. Aisha also knew that Roy was fooling her, but with her character she didn't care, so he didn't hesitate to lay down his thoughts. 

"Mr. Roy, you… how do you know me so well? Were you specifically looking for me, no, w-what do you want to do to me! I told you I'm very poor. I-I don't have anything to give you except this body—! B, body? M, Mister Roy, you..."

Mrs. Aisha's hands immediately wrapped her body, her beautiful face showed a look of fear, and her body retracted back in her seat.

"I have zero percent interest in a 150-year-old woman."

Roy opened his mouth without thinking too much.

As soon as those words were spoken, he knew that he had said the wrong thing at the wrong time, and quickly raised both of his hands in surrender.

Sure enough, Ms. Aisha glared at him with a piercing gaze, and wailed both in shame and anger: 

"I-I am not one hundred and fifty years old, I am a beautiful young girl who is only seventeen years old this year! A seventeen year old, beautiful, attractive young girl!"

"I admit, I completely admit. I said the wrong thing."

He nodded with a look that he 'totally' believed her.

"Mister Roy, your suggestion sounds good, but what do you want me to do?"

Mrs. Aisha quickly restrained her emotions, she leaned forward and asked.

Roy's suggestion was actually in line with her thoughts. He has shown her how to eliminate her most troublesome power. This is the power which always kills her merry mood. 

If this power can be invalidated, and she can live a daily life in contact with people, and can also earn her travel funds legally and reasonably, there is no better job for her than this.

"Ms. Aisha, you used to be a maid, right? Are your skills still there?"

Aisha's eyes lit up as she hollered up excitedly: "Are you giving me a maid's position? There is absolutely no problem, I have always been a very good maid!"

She lifted her head proudly as if he had found the right person for the job. Though she is a powerful campione, being a maid is not derogatory to her from any angle. 

Instead, she regards this job as a very noble profession, because being a maid changed her life. To her, all the professions except the evil and bad ones were equally honourable. 

So she didn't care at all about being the maid of another godslayer.

Roy smiled and didn't say much. Of course, he who can look back into the past knows how good Madame Aisha's skills really are. Though it's not bad, it definitely can't be praised as very good.

But if he can fool a Godslayer to become his maid just for five hundred euros, then there is no business in the whole world, more profitable than this one. 

____________________

You can join our discord—

https://discord.gg/GhcNQeWmSU

_____________________

Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, but it is also the motivating force for mankind, which includes me. 

So, if you want and desire, support me at Patreꝍn with advance chapters~

patreon.com/LoreTemple

Special thanks to *Oluwatimileyin Olayemi* and *GooseElite*

______________________

38