Ch-113: Pitiful Divine Ancestors
794 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Manhattan is the most densely populated and geographically smallest of the five administrative boroughs of New York City. It is the urban core of the New York metropolitan area. 

This borough consists mostly of Manhattan Island, bounded by the Hudson, East, and Harlem rivers; as well as several small adjacent islands.

Manhattan also serves as the New York City's economic and administrative center, cultural identifier, and historical birthplace.

 

It hosts the New York's Central Business District. It is also the most concentrated area filled with skyscrapers in the entire world. The headquarters of most of the world's top 500 companies are located here. 

It can be said that it is the center of world finance, the true base of capitalism, and it is also the absolute residence of the rich in the States.

With all these jewels added on a crown, to be capable of purchasing a house in Manhattan is definitely not something ordinary people in the United States would dare to even think of.

And in this one of the most expensive places in the world, a large luxurious garden villa stood isolated in this small golden land. This large piece of land can only be occupied by one of the remaining six rulers of the hidden side of this world. 

Even the public rulers of the United States are renewed every five years, but the "king" who slays the gods may not appear even once in a single era.

"Damn! Those punks are aiming for Manhattan!"

At the dining table, Annie Charlton clenched her fingers together and slammed her fist on the table, venting the erupting lava of anger in her heart.

The female godslayer was not wearing her signature armor and mask. Since he already knew her true identity, there was no need to pretend, it would only make people look down in mockery.

The attractive young woman of European ancestry, with short flaming red hair and a pair of rimless glasses on her nose, dressed in feminine business attire gulped down the entire can of beer. 

No matter how one looked, in this formal getup, she looked more like a big company's executive, difficult to associate her with a Godslayer's identity.

Though being an attractive young maiden, her beauty was in the upper strata of world's beautiful females but definitely one or two grades below the top ones, not to mention about comparing with the tsundere goddess, even if compared with Erica and Liliana, she was two or three grades lower.

However, her status as a godslayer and her long-standing high-ranking aura made her have a great sense of presence, instead of winning by appearance like ordinary women, she stood out with a differentiating unique and bold heroic demeanour. 

Regarding Annie's choice to conceal her identity as the Godslayer of American Continent, Roy also understands that this female godslayer most likely wanted to remain low-key, instead of being sought after and publicized, so she can live her daily normal life as Annie Charlton without being disturbed by those pesky mages.

"Fortunately, Mr. Roy, you gave me an important tip in advance, otherwise we will suffer a big loss this time!"

"This is Manhattan, the financial center of the world and the States. If it suffers large-scale damage, it will be worse than the 9/11 incident. It may even cause a worldwide financial collapse. Those punks..! This time I will definitely crush them!"

Annie let out a mixed sigh of pent up anger and frustration from the bottom of her heart. If this happened, it would be her negligence and blant failure of her duties. 

'Something like greater the power, greater the responsibility had filled up this girl's head.'

Listening to Annie's endless rantings and her sincere gratitude, he found it interesting. 

The characters of the Godslayer are really so different from one another, everyone seems like a unique individual piece, a single one in the whole world. 

There used to be a cruel and cold one like the Marquis, there is an etiquette demon like the Leader of East, as well as kind and responsible ones like Mrs. Aisha and Annie Charlton; not to mention a sword buffoon like Salvatore Doni. 

"The leader of the "Lord of Flies" is a Divine Ancestor, a former Earth Mother Goddess who was defeated and thrown down from her divine throne by a dragon slayer, and forced to assume the form of a human Witch and a divine ancestor."

"This witch has only been active on the west coast of the United States to store an adequate amount of earth and water essence to restore herself from the Divine Ancestor form to the Dragon and Snake body of Earth Mother Goddess."

"In fact, she has always been using the West Coast as her zone of influence just to mislead you, wanting to make you think that there is something important she is looking for on the West Coast of the States."

"But in fact, this divine ancestor doesn't has anything to look for in this mortal world, she just has a strong resentment towards all the Godslayers and humans of this region who played with her myth."

"All her actions are only for destruction and chaos, there is no other purpose. This time she has stored ample storage of the concentrated essence of the earth and water. Now she just has to attract your attention on the West Coast and meanwhile launch a pincer attack on Manhattan."

"Now — now, if this happens, wouldn't it be equivalent to a Hollywood action movie blockbuster happening in reality, haha. A huge snake monster is causing destruction all over Manhattan, like that gorilla movie where the gorilla flew on a plane to the Empire State Building."

Roy joked with a light chuckle, "At that time, all the mages in the United States will become men in black and go around to erasing the memories of the common masses, hahahaha!"

He is not a person with an impeccable sense of justice and responsibility in this respect, so he is indifferent to this kind of thing, but Annie is the opposite. 

She cares very much about the people in her jurisdiction, her look became more and more dicey by the minute as she popped another bear can.

Annie look another big gulp from the beer can to wash over her emotions and expressed her gratitude.

"Mr. Roy, I can't find words to express my gratitude for your timely help. If it weren't for you, this time Manhattan...hah! I better not think about it..."

Roy waved his hand indifferently. He also got a future opportunity to ask for a favour in return from the female Godslayer, and moreover, with his 'Eye of the Yore' finding these details is as easy as slicing a cake, or maybe even more easy than that.

The so-called Divine Ancestors are former Mother Earth Goddesses who have been either defeated by the King of the End and had their power sacrificed to him or fell from their position from the myths to the point of being forgotten.

These Divine Ancestors lose most of their Divine Power and Authorities. They lose their memories after being reborn, seemingly only remembering fragments of their past, and their nature. They do appear to retain much of the personality and arrogance of their divine selves, however.

Witches such as the White Princess Alice, Yuri Mariya and Liliana are descendants of these Divine Ancestors.

"The vast majority of the Mother Earth Goddesses has lost everything about themselves, so they have a lot of resentment towards the Heroes of Steel and the world. There are very few Mother Goddesses who still maintain their Goddesses status like us."

Athena, who was sitting next to Roy, sighed, relating the sad fate of the Ancient Mother Earth Goddesses.

These Earth Goddesses, who once ruled the apex of myths, lost their power to the changes of mythology and mankind. 

After the Mother Earth Goddess lost their divine power and divine status, they will become a divine ancestor and linger on earth like mortals, this huge change is enough to drive anyone crazy.

"I have made an agreement with Athena. Unless forced to do so, I will not attack the Mother Earth Goddesses, so this time I will not be able to help Ms. Annie. Anyways, she is just a divine ancestor, even if she temporarily regains her divine snake and dragon status. As a godslayer, you should be able to deal with it."

Roy brought in his agreement with Athena and directly cut off the possibility of his assistance. 

In fact, the earth goddess and his triumphant "sun" and "steel" characteristics are really contrary to gather any specific interest from him. 

Even if he kills an Earth Goddess, his origin will get rather intermixed, so he doesn't has any reason to compete with these Earth Goddesses

But if it sounds nice and makes Athena happy, he doesn't mind saying more.

"Mr. Roy, you really have a soft corner for beauties."

The capable female Godkiller with flaming short hair said with a teasing smile.

Roy didn't deny or admit this, he just silently twirled the wine in his chalice. 

"But I hope that your compassion and love will keep shining on Mrs. Aisha. The past few days have really been a headache."

Annie rubbed her forehead in distress.

Roy also produced a wry smile. In the past few days, Madame Aisha's <Charm or Curse> went violent twice. Fortunately, he was able to resolve it without danger and no major riots happened therewith.

He finally understood why everyone would avoid Mrs. Aisha and rather keep this kind godslayer at a distance than to ask for any help, she was simply a troublemaker.

Ding Dong—–!

The doorbell of the villa rang. Roy and Annie looked at each other. They both saw the strangeness in each other's eyes. 

However, without waiting for the two of them to think about it, the uninvited person just passed through the door and walked in. 

Roy's nonchalant expression took a turn with the arrival of the new uninvited guest. 

____________________

You can join our discord—

https://discord.gg/GhcNQeWmSU

_____________________

Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, but it is also the motivating force for mankind, which includes me. 

So, if you want and desire, support me at Patreꝍn with advance chapters~

patreon.com/LoreTemple

Special thanks to *Oluwatimileyin Olayemi* and *GooseElite*

______________________

34