Ch-121: Neither A Way To Heaven, Nor A Way To Hell!
846 7 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Black Prince, Alexander Gascoigne has almost no long lasting offensive Authority. He is a complete outburst type godslayer.

The specific abilities of each Campione are dependent upon the particular Authorities of the Heretic Gods that they have slain, adapted to fit the Campione's personal qualities to match with their affinities. 

And suited to his theme — thief, he is more of an one-hit assassin than a brawler. 

His theme makes him a paper cannon with razor sharp wings, high one-shot power with even more amazing speed and mobility, but with a crispy skin that can be blowed with a light touch. 

Alexander Gascoigne is more suited for a battle of intelligence, traps and deceit. 

But, his this way of fighting was caught hold in ankle by Roy's clairvoyance! 

No matter how exquisite his outmanoeuvring skills are, no matter how prefect and well thought out his strategy were, everything he does will be recorded by the world and then seen by clairvoyance.

From the beginning, when he entered Roy's sight, he had lost the possibility of victory.

"Those magic eyes are also limited. If he wants to know something, he first must determine the three factors– time, place, and person. Only after these three elements are put together can those annoying eyes work."

If he can't win... he will run! 

After learning about the ability Roy possessed, he conducted an in-depth research on this 'Eye of The Yore'. 

The history of mankind is too long, and the number of humans that have appeared on this planet till date exceed tens of billions in number. 

In addition, taking in the overall surface area of ​​the earth, Gascoigne does not think that Roy can achieve omniscience of the past. 

The new king must have a holding medium, and those he found out after doing some experiments — time, place, and person.  

(Note: Be informed, this is just what the Cautious Black Prince thinks. You know—the difference between dream & reality xD~) 

"So, as long as I maintain a long enough distance, regularly leave some bait, and then run around the world in an irregular path, I can get rid of the gaze of those damn eyes for a certain period of time."

Gascoigne, who had turned into the incarnation of thunder carried on flying with a rapid speed, looking back, he saw Roy, in his Archangel form, hot on his wheels. 

The Cautious godslayer couldn't help but let out a sigh. 

Before Roy appeared, he was the fastest of all the Godslayers, he came and went without a trace with his speed and power while leaving harsh blows.

Even if his plans failed, there were enough means to escape, but then appeared, this annoying punk — Roy 'Mrkl' Crowley. 

Not only does he have the same superb speed and power burst like him, but also a cheat clairvoyance that completely restrains him, these two alone have made him breathless.

'If this continues, he will catch up.'

'.....l hope this one can block him for a certain period of time.'

Gascoigne already had a countermeasure in his mind, his mana surged and he waved his hand while moving at high speed, activating the power he could only use once a month—

[Labyrinth of Knossos]! 

"Wind That Sings Of Fascination Untold, Night Which Devours The Light Uphold!" 

"All Travelers May Be Pretold, Helpless The Perilous Journey Beholds!"

"Accompanied By Heavy Sorrow, Abandon All Hope, For Here Comes Mine Stronghold!"

[Labyrinth of Knossos], this Divine Authority of his comes from the maze of the famous Greek mythology of Minos. It is a power usurped by Gascoigne after he killed the Heretic God Minos/Minotaur.

As the name of this power says, it has no offensiveness abilities, rather, it creates a maze of tunnels underneath the earth, on the surface, or even in the sky, and traps his victims within it.

Completely altering the terrain in the area to the point even Gods and Campione can find themselves easily lost and trapped, and those without other means of escape will remain in it for three to four months.

As Gascoigne waved his hand, a strange white mist overrunned the surrounding space. 

Roy, who was chasing Gascoigne while speeding up at a rapid speed, could felt his surrounding environment suddenly twisting and changing, and the white mist turned into a real maze, trapping him just like it did to Minotaur as told by myths eras ago. 

"Now, now, something interesting coming my way~"

He raised the 'Sword of Judgment' in his hand, and swung the cruciform sword at the maze that suddenly appeared!

"You are guilty!"

Teeeeear-! 

It was like the sound of tearing a silk garment with extraordinary force. 

Roy cut out a gap in this big maze, revealing the scenery outside the maze, and passed through the gap at great speed before the maze sewed itself back. 

One of the easiest and most violent ways to get out of the maze is to blast the maze directly and move forward in a straight line.

"H, How?!"

His prized Authority wasn't even able to hold up Roy for a second, blowing the brain of the shrewd Campione. 

"Alexander Gascoigne, stop there, I think this area is good enough to be your cemetery."

Roy's annoying sneers echoed in the ears of the Black Prince, and Gascoigne, who was escaping with great speed, felt a great deal of pain coming from his internal organs. 

The shock similar to that of an airplane flying hundreds of kilometers per hour suddenly becoming zero by overlaying super force.

His speed was cut off by that damn sword again!

This time Gascoigne didn't dare to use 'Godspeed' again. He was afraid that he would be once again cut off by Roy's sword if he dared to use his [Black Lightning].

The injury that suddenly came out of the super speed state was crushing on his body. A few more times and he will become the first Campione in the history to die from being unable to maneuver his own power. 

Roy sided the sword in his right hand and fisting with the left, and a supernova of blast rushed forward with lightning fast speed.

"[Jacob's Limbs•First Form]—!"

"[Dragon Subduing Saint Fist]—!"

Boooooom-! 

The fist backed with the strength of a Giant Dragon rushed forward and bashed fiercely with the Black Prince's chest. 

At the same time, Roy had completely locked Gascoigne's speed with his 'Judgement'. 

Although he was not engaged in close combat and the sword continued to siphon his mana, as long as Gascoigne's speed is restrained, the Black Prince is just a bloaking chicken without wings or legs. 

"Putk-!"

The Black Prince spurted blood from his mouth, the only senses he felt were that his internal organs were crunching with a overwhelming thrust and pull. 

And damn sure, his internal body structure was no less messed up than a bowl of spaghetti. 

Gascoigne didn't dare to love war, he knew that as long as he fell into close combat, he will definitely die.

The brain reacted in an instant. The Black Prince's body once again crackled with lightning, and he habitually entered in a state of rapid speed.

But his body had just flashed with thunder and lightning, when the judgment sword in Roy's right hand cut down again like a stream of punishment.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh—!"

The black prince screamed, his internal organs were already traumatized, but now they felt ruptured. He once again felt the pain of the speedy hault. 

Becoming a godslayer only brought changes in one's strength and physique, but no increase in one's will. 

In the past, where did Gascoigne, an ordinary magician, had to endure this kind of pain, so he could only use screams to alleviate his agony.

Except for Marquis Voban, who had lived for three hundred years and used time to sharpen his will, among the godslayers, only the battle hardened Lord Luo Hao and Madame Aisha, plus a certain sword manic can handle this level of pain. 

Even if Roy suffers a serious injury now, it is absolutely difficult for him to endure it with his own will, but atleast it would be much—much lesser than Alexander Gascoigne, after all he has been fighting with mental toxins of knowledge for years. 

"O Wicked, Forgiveness Is Between Sinners And God! The Sinful Shall Be Met With Justice, Tremble Before Hosts Of The Lord Of The Hosts!" 

"For They Hath Sundered The Legions Of Hell With Will As Their Sword And Shield! Come! Sing The Hymn To Victory With Me!" 

"Tremble! For The Cruelest Of Demons Could Not Stand Before The Swords Of The Angelic Militia While Their Blood Ran Upon The Fields Of Eternity."

"Heed The Power Of Mine Words! For I, The Designate Of Archistratege Of Heaven! I Convene! Come Forth! The Heaven's Armada!"

With the sound of the trumpets of the doomsday, the door of heaven opened, and hundreds of heavenly Angels of light appeared in front of Gascoigne.

If his 'Godspeed' was still usable, he would have easily shaken off these Angels, but... 

...now he was just a standing cattle on a slaughter board. 

The formation of hundreds of Angels whirled and closed together with the injured Campione as the center, their holy lances aimed for action! 

"Since it's not possible in the sky…"

The Black Prince let himself loose as his figure fell down from the air. 

In a short period of time, he and Roy had flown all the way from America to Canada. If the sky would not let him escape, he would use the complex terrain of the earth to find a way to escape the pursuit.

The Black Prince's thoughts were good, but when his figure just fell, he saw that above the Earth's surface, a tall and beautiful goddess with a purple wreath on her head was already aiming her bow in a shooting posture. 

The glamorous goddess was standing on a huge snake head, and behind the giant draconic snake whose tail end was out of his sight, there were hundreds of snakes hissing while positioned in an array. 

It was a banquet of Holy Angels above and Hellish Dragons and Snakes below.

For Gascoigne, there was neither a way to heaven, nor a way to hell! 

———————————————

Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, but it is also the motivating force for mankind, which includes me. 

So, if you want and desire, support me at Patreon with advance chapters~

patreon.com/LoreTemple

Special thanks to *Oluwatimileyin Olayemi* and *GooseElite*

_________________________

34