Ch-128: Déjà Vu
701 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Your heart is pierced, the target hit as I declare!"

"Gáe Bolg!"

The regal chanting gave a liquory hypothesis of a déjà vu. He doesn't remember how many times he has overheard this line. 

At those times, the chanting dialogues only felt to be full of unshakable momentum, compelled to sound cool and edgy to listen, nothing more, nothing less. 

But now, he firsthand understands the true meaning of this majestic verdict of death.

With Scathach's chant, she springed up lightly without warning, with her back arched in the air. 

[Gáe Bolg: The Barbed Spear that Pierces with Death]-!

[Gáe Bolg: The Soaring Spear that Strikes with Death]-! 

[Gáe Bolg: The Gouging Piercing Spear of Carnage]-! 

[Gáe Bolg: The Piercing Crimson Lance]-! 

The earth turns upside down within my sight.

There are no stars in the night sky, no tears by the candlelight, eccentric questions cover by, the drunkenness to relieve thousands of sorrows knock by.

Rain and snow, cold wind and death throes, rejoice, because——swords dance in the sky, while spears fall down like dragons from the heaven high!

Retreat! Retreat! Retreat! Retreat!

Save your balls and retreat—! 

Roy was caught off guard and could only retreat back and forth facing the impending projectiles, barely managing himself from being injured in the storm of death, but the Queen of Shadows continued to corner his movements.

"People of foreign land, no matter what for you came to this world, just let me see how courageous you are!"

The lonely Witch of Dún Scáith blared, her beautiful eyes loomed over his figure, the beautiful burgundy pupils were filled with chilling warfare intent interlaced with deathly murderous aura. 

This heart squashing warfare intent amalgamated with the stale cadaverous aura of the kingdom of shadows, flipping the silence of death with the pandemonium of slaughter. 

If the previous Scathach gave him the feeling that there was a dewy touch of unforgettable tenderness hidden deep in the arrogance and pride.

Then, the current Scathach had completely relinquish the human emotions and has become a slaughter machine meaned to blossom with death and blood. 

The crimson weapon, in the raging momentum boiled with the glory of a Godslayer, the enchanting figure danced with spears and pikes to engage with the enemy, sharing the ultimate pleasure of fighting.

Whether it is the blood of the enemy or your own blood, whether it is the broken arm of the enemy or the broken bones of your own, all these can make people fall into a frenetic euphoria of excitement. 

This is exactly the warrior quality of the Celtics Heroes! 

You fractured my bone, I will crack all the bones in your body to powder! 

You made me bleed, see if I don't sell your corpse to those bloodsucker leechs! 

Return ten punches for a single fist! 

Puncture ten holes for a single stab! 

The so-called absolute defense is also not absolute, not to mention his unorganized dodge. 

While avoiding Scathach's blaring forces of slaughter with all of his pre-analysis thinking and physical reflexes, Roy finally slowed down a step in advance. 

The middle halt was exposed, and Scathach skillfully grasped it like the death rope knot on the neck.

For Scathach, who has killed countless gods, demons, undead, human beings and monsters alike, this flaw was a direct serving on the platter.

The spear in her right hand oscillated away from Roy's range, while the spear in her left hand with the bearing of a red pike studded right inside, the opening was pierced and punctured right through to the other side. 

"Kkksh-! Kuskh-!"

Roy grunted, the spear's curse made a see through hole right through his body making his revolting mana roar, the huge mana power was released from his body and turned into a pure magic shockwave. 

The mana force blasted a big hole, but Scathach had already drew out the spear with a beautiful backflip before Roy's mana force flowed on the queen of death. 

The beautiful witch queen steadily landed onto the rock where she stood before.

"Hisss."

Roy sucked in a cold breath and glanced at his right shoulder. There was big bloody hole, and dark red blood gurgling from inside, the pain of nefarious curse was ravaging his insides. 

The soul felt to be falling apart. 

For all his of life, before becoming a Godslayer, he had just been an ordinary person living in a modern and peaceful society. 

He was neither a soldier who has been on the battlefield nor a killer who has been hidden in the underworld and has undertaken torturous training. 

Slaying a Heretic God, made him powerful but his willpower was not at the level of the powerhouse of his level. 

Though fighting with the poison of knowledge has toughened his mental strength, the curse delivered by the Queen of the Haunted Grounds was of another realm. 

This is his main reason to find a teacher! 

Not to train his body or increase his strength, but to train his will and skill as a warrior. 

Because the human will is a symbol of the strong, the most powerful force of mankind that can break all blockroads, a faculty of the mind; and a realm that can't be broken through from external help, only by oneself!

'She is not a God.'

He was quite sure of this. 

Scathach was definitely not a God though she held the power of divine curse. 

If she was one, then as a godslayer, without him deliberately suppressing the instinctively emerging bloodthirsty mentality, the feerless mania of not being afraid of either heaven or earth would have already held him tightly. 

He would have attacked regardless, forgetting what a 'mere' God can do to him. 

"The moniker of the Queen of Death is not in vain...."

As, a fellow Godslayer, he could look at the curse of the slayed Gods escaping from Scathach's graceful and lithe figure, empowering ultimate feminine charm. 

This is her mark and pride of being a Godslayer. 

Like hunter's keeps the skins of their game for all to see, the curses of Gods bathing a Godslayer, is a godslayer's show of achievements. 

And she was utilising these 'achievements' imposed on herself as a means of attack! 

She simply channelled the curses of Gods to inside his body!

In Nasuverse, Gods are beings formed by the thoughts of Humans but they are born into the world without being influenced by the will of the people. A tad bit different from their Campione world counterparts. 

Quite similarly, there also exist cases like gods becoming infamous as icons of terror, distorting their appearances through the human thoughts and ideals that formed them. 

Some such as the Gods of Olympus age over time, having to eat golden apples to keep from aging, while others like Stheno and Euryale are born as immortal idols.

Some may ask, Scathach killed so many gods but why there's no record? 

That's because the existence of the Gods of Nasuverse who were killed have been already wiped from the origin unlike the Gods of Campione who can revive. 

With the death, the myth is naturally broken, and so it is impossible for any record to be left behind!

Ascending to the realm of Gods with the body of a mortal, it is a no brainer what kind of terrible and powerful enemy the Queen of Dún Scáith is. 

A existence standing at 'peak of man', and even with a step inside the realm of Magic Gods.

A '7=4' powerhouse that can reach '8=3' anytime! 

This battle of death, is just a cat and mouse's game for her! 

'No wonder her kingdom of shadows is already outside the world. If a monster like her enters the material world, a single shot can almost penetrate the entire material world.'

The more he understood the true power of the Queen of Shadows, the more heart palpitations and heaviness sinked in his heart.

A deja vu—he once again met the final boss before he even fully leveled up and readied his gears. 

'How fucked up can fucked up be...'

That's why even wisdom is not all powerful. When there are no paths left to be explored, and even 0.01% change is non-existent, the world seems to be falling. 

The dunce sword idiot would have fared better, atleast showcasing the spirit of a fearless hero, and, then dying a warrior's death. 

"That's it, foreigner? Where is your courage, where is your strength? This small pain can make your spirits falter, huh? Then, a strong enemy will easily mock play with you, just with the fear instilled in your cowardly heart."

"If you can't even show me your courage and strength, what's the worth of living, it is better to let me take your life here and now!"

Scathach shook her regretfully, disappointed.

Finally, she saw an exceptional talent in her this deserted country of shadows, someone with the same bearing as her!

Even her [Wisdom of the Haunted Ground] can't fully see through this foreigner's secret!

And...

She finally found her the 'one'! 

A Godslayer just like her, who was cursed by the Gods for taking their lives and shattering their pride. 

Three levels of happiness bumper package added together! 

But... in the end, he couldn't even touch the standard she set, which made her extremely disappointed, in fact, she had already half expected this to be the result.

Since... 

He can't even satisfy her body, let him be buried here with her disappointment! 

* * *

No, Roy is not nerfed, Scathach is too strong. As for why? Keep reading. 

———————————————

Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, but it is also the motivating force for mankind, which includes me. 

So, if you want and desire, support me at Patreꝍn with advance chapters~

patreon.com/LoreTemple

Special thanks to *Oluwatimileyin Olayemi*, *GooseElite* and *Skoll*

_________________________

32