Ch: 143- Homecoming Across Time
712 4 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Campione World, United States of America. 

New York—

“Haa. Lily, stop going around like this, it's getting annoying.”

Inside a luxurious coffee shop on the coasts of Manhattan. 

Erica was sitting on a chair outside the beautiful beach, doing her work on the laptop in front of her while looking at the other side of the sea from time to time.

Liliana had already been pacing back and forth around the empty shop for hours, making Erica who was trying to divert her mind with work, more exasperated. 

“It has been almost over a month, and King hasn’t returned yet, how can I not be in a hurry!"

The silver-haired knight bit her lips. She glanced at Erica, who had recured back to keep typing on her laptop: “Erica, aren't you in a hurry?”

"....Sigh, ok. Then tell me Lily, what's the use of being anxious?"

Erica sighed. 

She temporarily put down her work and tied her lose hair with a band into a ponytail: 

“King did inform us with an emergency mana message before being drawn into the 'Devil Queen’s Cave.'"

"What can we even do except to wait? Will roaming around with an anxious expression on my face be of any help? No—"

"—compared to that we have to complete the King's work more efficiently, so that when he returns, there will be less work to be done that could not have been pushed through in his absence."

"Fortunately, the magic associations of Europe are not stupid. Though King is not here, no one dares to make trouble.”

Erica took a hurried sip of the coffee from the side mug and turned her attention back to her work.

“I-I also know that...it’s useless to get unavailingly anxious, but even if I want to help you with your work, I’m not good at these things.”

Liliana travested with a blushing face, her talents are far inferior to Erica in these types of logistical work and decision making solutions, so beside blankly staring at Erica busy in work, her aimless mind can only miss Roy.

“Ms. Erica is young but she is already able to handle the affairs of so many major magic associations skillfully, and even manage King Roy’s daily duties in an orderly manner. I wish there were such young talents in our country too."

A middle aged capable looking man who was sitting in the corner of the room spoke. He was none other than the American Campione's Assistant—Jack Lewis. 

“Mr. Lewis you overpraise me. Haven't you also been dealing with Lord Smith’s duties for all these years?"

Erica politely nodded to Jack, as she conversed in an elegant tone.

The two assistants of their respective “kings” looked at each other after speaking, and both showed bitter smiles.

During the absence of their kings, the mysterious circles in Europe and North America have been taken in charge by them. 

But their prestige and strength is not enough to make the major magic associations unconditionally obey to their orders, so their workload has increased excessively. 

Their identity is simply not enough, without the “kings” personally nodding their head, there are many orders with they cannot decide personally. 

Suddenly, Erica, Liliana, and Jack, the magicians sedentary in the topmost strata of the world, noticed ripples of a magical anomaly on the waters of the Manhattan Island.

Erica looked at Jack in inquiry, the 30-year-old man shook his head in denial: “No, there was no magical event or experiment scheduled to be held here in such a big magnitude, so what could possi—"

As soon as his voice fell, the three of them spoke out in unison, their voice laced with joy: “King!”

* * *

Roy rode on the mysterious ship, crossed the sea of ​​the worlds, vesseled through the bizarre scenery, and ultimately dropped off in the Campione world. 

When the weird and distorted portrait in Roy’s eyes turned into the colors of order, he found himself back in his previous position while his eyes wandered aimlessly with a wave of nostalgia. 

He doesn't know how long he has been absent here, is the Last King still sleeping, all he now knows is that he has spent years if not decades in Scathach's Land of Shadows. 

The salty wetness of the sea breeze replaced the dryness of dullsville air, warm washing gentleness of the sun replaced the gloomy sky, the world of black and white seemed to have been filled with colors again. 

But, this familiar view gave him a sense of distinctional contradistinction—

“King."

—until a greeting brought him back to his senses, he quickly adjusted his mind and looked in front of him. 

Liliana and Erica were gilding in the air with smiles, and there was a man beside them who was bowing to him.

Maybe an American magician following them. 

“It’s Erica and Lilia. For how long, have I left?”

Roy’s tone was a little unusual. 

The strength of a relationship is not measured by the number of years spent together but by the impact and emotions attached—but the difference between a month and years if not decades, still felt a little unfamiliarity for both sides. 

Erica and Liliana also noticed the strangeness in Roy’s tone, and even found that Roy seemed to have changed a lot. 

Compared with his light-hearted frivolousness in the past, he now seemed to have matured a lot. More stable and refined, and unknowingly, more manly too. 

The two girls knew that the time Roy actually experienced in another time and space should be longer, so they were pretermly prepared for Roy’s current state. 

Upon hearing his question, the two girls immediately replied: “…it's been thirty-six days since your disappearance, my King.”

“So...only thirty-six days.”

Roy let go of his heart. In just thirty-six days, the Last King would not have even blinked his eyes, let alone awakened. 

Just when he was about to say something more, a whirlpool-like magic spiral manifested in the tunnel he had just crossed.

Right next, Mrs. Aisha, Annie Charlton and Athena were spit out of the “cave”, and the ship in his hand which was holding it's structure switched off. 

“Oh guy~~ You guys seem to be in quite a miserable state, haha."

Roy looked at the people in front of him and laughed. 

Annie Charlton’s armour was stuck together in many places with rough wooden planks while her cape was now a fruit carrier; Aisha's hair was styled like a chicken coop while she had a half baked fish in her hand. 

Meanwhile, the situation with Athena was much better. Her appearance or clothes seemed to be totally unchanged. Even the calm expression on her face was the same. 

This is the benefit of being a divine essenced entity. 

Compared with the Godslayers who just usurp the power of the Gods, and are still human in essence till the end.

The Gods are divine in essence, provided with a self-cleaning, a self- maintenance and many more enviable functions, so much that, a Godslayer looks like an illegitimate bastard in comparison. 

But soon Roy couldn’t laugh anymore as Athena's gaze fell on him, he was dressed in a more primitive style, the Celtic dress literally made of rags was the only barrier that protected his dignity.

“Wuu...I saw you again master, where did you go! This time where we went was so miserable, we were dropped in the primitive society, there was nothing there, this is my most distressing trip...”

"....I obviously used my Luck Authority, *kiccup* this snobbish evil bady luck refuses to rescue this pitiful lady."

Catching the sight of Roy's figure, Mrs. Aisha let go of her food and just mewled out her sorrows on how she 'dangerously' coped in the primitive brutal society. 

Athena on the side looked at Roy suspiciously, the sharp-eyed goddess muzzled softly: 

“You have changed a lot, Roy. In the past, this goddess thought you had the potential to become a great hero and warrior, but the you now, this light, this will, gives a tingling to my soul of wisdom."

“…I am quite curious about your experiences."

The tranquil amethyst eyes of the goddess stared at Roy, the stars of wisdom dotted her eyes like a curtain of night sky raining with curiosity. 

33