A meeting with Mr. Divine
82 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The door opens and in walks two men with white hair. The taller one looks to be a guard while the smaller is Michael De Arria, emperor of Arria and the man who killed my father. I’ll be honest, I expected him to be more intimidating. This is the man who was able to kill my father. Then again, I know all too well that looks can be deceiving. What matters is that we come to an understanding. 

“Greetings James Asherton De Allonia, I hope these peace talks will come to a satisfactory conclusion.” He says hardly sparing me a glance. Instead he begins to eye up Elizabeth. From my knowledge Arrians can only marry one person. Something that I consider a good thing. Harems just create problems for everyone involved.  

“It is my pleasure to meet you as well o great divine emperor.” I respond with a slight bow. The guard glares at me but it seems like Michael is too busy ogling my wife to even pay attention to what I am saying. 

“I would like to offer you the land in return for monetary concessions.” I need money to pay for the party that I am planning.  It almost looks like he winces at those words. Can’t blame him, I estimate he only just got back into the green after throwing all his money at the Arrian economy. Also lets see if I can get rid of some useless baggage. “In addition, we would be willing to give you Harold.” 

“Who is Harold?” He asks. It seems he doesn’t even know the king of the country he invaded. I don’t know whether I should be impressed or concerned. 

“He is the king of Aveven.” I feel a bitter taste in my mouth at mentioning Harold as anything resembling powerful. The coward doesn’t even deserve his title. I see the arrians’ faces darken. “I am taking that as a no to Harold.” 

Not that I can blame them. I wouldn’t even want to deal with him if not for the fact I had to get this peace treaty. 

“James, he clearly wouldn’t want anything to do with him. The suggestion is a silly one.” Elizabeth tells me. I know, but you can’t blame me for trying. Instead, I could do with a new couch for my new office. 

“I shall relent. Instead I ask for a couch, only the finest of arrian couches.” I need a new one, plus a comfy couch will be easier to sleep on. 

“Consider it done.” I’m surprised he didn’t even stumble at my ridiculous request. Though I am surprised that he agreed to it. Whatever I need to march forward to the more important parts of the treaty. 

“Then let us talk of money.” I am going to need a boat load of it. I’m planning for a killer party and it will most certainly get crazy. I begin rattling of prices until we come to an agreement. I am now 600 gold coins richer. It makes me extremely happy. Elizabeth is also nodding at the sum. Honestly, I would have liked more but every bit helps. He however didn’t seem to understand the value of the land. Afterwords we agree of a truce period of five years where neither side can declare war upon each other nor its allies. 

“It is settled. May I say that it has been a pleasure. I hope that peace shall reign between our two great nations.” He gives me a smile. He seems extremely pleased with the outcome of this peace. “My condolences for your father, it was a duel to the death. It was regrettable that he had to die.” 

“Yes, it was a pity. Wasn’t it?” I respond. To say that I am not sad would be a lie. However, as a father he was horrible. He never spent time with me and Victoria. Whatever the case his death gave me this golden opportunity. I shouldn’t let it go in vain. Perhaps it is better to say I am mad at him for dying in a far-off land, leaving me to clean up after his mess. 

“I shall see you at the feast, may God grace your way with light.” He says. 

“And may he do the same for yours.” I respond. I’m not bothered by his mention of religion but it does seem strange he is wishing me fortune. We then proceed to finalize the treaty and then reveal it to Harold. I would like to say that I was shocked that he threw a fit but I am not. However, in the end he still signs the treaty. 

“Why did you ask for a couch?” Elizabeth asks me after this is all done. 

“I’ll be honest I just wanted to see how he would react. I didn’t expect him to accept that.” She just shakes her head at me. 

“Alright, then what do you plan to do with the money?” What is up with all the questions? I don’t have any particular reason. I just like to have even more money. I spend more than I can collect. 

“I’m going to be throwing a party. Sadly, I still don’t have enough money.” I respond matter of factly to her. 

“A party doesn’t cost 600 gold coins.” She says raising her eyebrow at me. Apparently, she doesn’t believe me. 

“The kind of parties I throw do.” She just throws up her hands shaking her head in disgust. 


A/N: Well it is here. A meeting between the two. Also yes a couch was a part of the peace deal. Let me just state that a war has been fought against emus. So this is nothing out of the ordinary. Also as a treat the next chapter will be Michael's POV, written by Mizu.

0