Peonies
69 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“James, I can say with absolute certainty that you will get into trouble.” Lizzy tells me wagging her finger at me while we walk through a crowded street. 

“Stop being a teacher's pet. You have to enjoy life a bit more.” I tell her. 

“Papa says that we have to uphold the honor of the nobility.” She tells me. She’s such a rule follower. 

“Then why are you following me, just go back to knitting or whatever you were doing.” I tell her. 

“For the record I was looking into the history of the Koryo invasion of the continent.” Her purple eyes looking down on me. She also gets perfect scores on every test. Always so perfect 

“Why are you reading about history?” I can’t see how that is fun. I’d rather do whatever I want. Just then I see a young lady selling flowers. I walk up to her stall. Putting six coppers onto the table. “Can I get a bouquet of flowers?” 

“Sure, what kind do you want?” She asks me. I have no clue. The only flower name that I can think of is a rose. 

“Anything is fine with me.” 

“Alright, here you go.” She then hands me a bouquet of red flowers. Definitely not roses. I then run back to Lizzy who is waiting for me on the side of the street. When I get close, I hand her the flowers. 

“I thought you forgot my birthday was today.” She says giving me a smile. Her eyes shining the brightest purple I've ever seen. Wait, was it her birthday? I completely forgot. 

“Yes well, I was just giving you flowers so that you didn’t tell on me to the teacher.” I tell her.   

 

Ah, that was a nice dream. I sit up from the bed. Wait, bed, when do I sleep on the bed? I turn to see a woman with silver hair sleeping next to me. I think that was the last time she ever smiled around me... Fuck, today is her birthday. Come on James, you can think of a solution. Maybe I can give her a small gift. It’s too late to do anything big. Hell, at this rate I'll be beat by Leo. He’ll never let me live it down. Ah, I know what to do. With the idea formulated I get up from the bed and prepare for a stroll. I’ll just tell her I forgot about today. 

 

When I get back, I find that Elizabeth is back at work in the office. She can spend the day relaxing. It’s only once in a year that it is someone's birthday. I then knock on her open office door. Not even a second later I enter the room. I mean it's still mine. I own this palace. 

“Why do you even knock if you won’t wait for an answer.” She says looking up from her paperwork. She seems to be in a grumpy mood. Also, the door was open anyway. 

“Here are some flowers.” I say giving her some red flowers. It was really hard finding these things. I still don’t know what they are called. Not that I was looking for them. 

“Why are you giving me Peonies?” She asks me. I don’t know. Also, are these flowers peonies, I just hope they are the same. I must have gotten it wrong. I thought she would be smiling if I gave her those flowers. Damn you, old woman, you have failed the empire. You will be punished for your betrayal. 

“I asked one of the servants to buy me something and they came back with these.” I say giving a shrug. She looks at me pointedly. 

“Why me then.” She asks. I have a simple answer for that. 

“I saw you first.” I tell her the truth. “That and I remembered that it was your birthday today. 

“I’ll just say that Victoria gave me a much better gift. Apology flowers don’t earn you much points.” I figured as much. At least it is better than nothing. I must say that the dream saved me today. Also, I know for a fact that Vicky just gave you a book. That and a tea party, but that isn’t much. 

“Well then, I wish you a happy birthday.” With those words I make a strategic retreat out of the room. 

 

 

After James leaves the room, the silver haired lady brings the flowers up to her nose and gives them a sniff. 

“Thank you.” She whispers with a huge smile plastered on her face. 


A/N: This chapter is explains a bit of James and Elizabeth's past. They actually spent a lot of time together before. I also want to say that our kuudere is not an emotionless map, for one she doesn't emit light. Fun fact, the biggest river on the continent is the Tonsid River which even stretches all the way to Arria. Something my brother didn't realize until I mentioned it to him.

0