Bruryeone
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look out at the harbor of Bruryeone. A massive fleet of ships are anchored here. The might of Allonian navy. Troops are also moving all over the city. It is sad that I didn’t have the extra month to prepare but what is done is done. It is time to move forward. 

“General Hudson, it is my pleasure to welcome you to my lands.” I look to see that Archduke Goldwell has arrived at the harbor. His golden eyes are looking over everything. 

“I must thank you for allowing me the opportunity to speak in the House of Nobles.” I tell him. It was the last request that William had given me. He desired to reform the army into a centralized system like that of Arria. It is too bad that he will never get to see his dream come to fruition.  

“So, what brings you here?” He asks me. 

“Simple, I need to be closer to the front line. The Arrian system of army management is magnificent but it is only effective when you can get up to date information quickly. Allonian can use the sea to transport the news but I would still rather be close to the front.” I inform him. I’ve seen what delays in information can cause. It can lead to the entire collapse of the frontline. I cannot let the enemy get past me. 

“I see. I shall inform you that I have fortified the cities of Roclesham and Tozan for the coming sieges. The enemy has cannons however. We will need to send reinforcements as quickly as possible.” He informs me. This is good. 

“I have brought two armies to reinforce our defenses. Furthermore, there will be an attack on Widewich and Rochin by a naval invasion.” I inform him. I don’t expect much from the naval invasions but they might tie up the troops in the north. The one piece of good news that I did receive was that the Duchy of Mitham is supporting us. This should divert the enemy forces for a small period of time. Hopefully enough for us to wall-up our defenses. 

“By my estimates we have the larger army.” He responds. Perhaps but we have other problems. 

“We can’t even mobilize half of them. As of now, we are fighting a 1 on 2 battle.” Though now that I think about it. They will also have to keep a number of their troops on the border. As well as the coast. Something we don’t have to worry about. 

“Are you trying to mobilize even more troops?” Archduke Goldwell seems concerned. I can see why he is worried. Any more troops can have an adverse effect on our economy. 

“Do not worry. His Majesty has gifted me a thousand gold coins for the purchase of mercenaries.” There is also the fact that our allies will begin mobilizing. I estimate this will take about 4 months.  

“Well, the first skirmishes have already broken out. We also need to protect the agriculture.” Yes, this food is important. Sadly, it seems like the rebels will be taking a major portion of it even if we don’t lose Tonsia. If the lightning campaign in the south works, we should be able to win this war.  

Archduke Goldwell, do you believe in fate?” I ask him. Sometimes I wonder how everything seems to play out. A man impaled through the stomach only to get up and kill his opponent. That monster willed himself to keep going, like he could not lose. In the end, this one event led to another allonian civil war. 

“I do not believe in fate.” I see... that is reasonable. I believe in fate, even if it can be cruel. Something that compels this world to continue moving on even after we are all gone. Even those gone are still felt past their end.  “Are you ready for this?” 

“Such a strange question. I am ready, ready to finish this fight. When this is over no more shall Allonian lives be spilt killing other Allonians.” I tell him. He just gives me a nod and we continue walking down the harbor. When this war ends Allonia will be stronger and united. 


A/N: As always I've been bust but here is another chapter for you guys. I'm a bit curious but what are your guy's opinion on Goldwell? What do you guys think he wants? He's honestly one of the harder characters for me to write. I try hard to write a nuance to his character but sometimes I wonder if that leaves with a hard to define personality.

0