Vision of burning
57 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Your Majesty, we will be arriving into Barton in three days. Our scouts haven’t reported any enemies in sight.” This is concerning, I would have expected them to try and stop us. Instead it seems like they are giving it up. Leo also looks concerned. Most likely they will try to overrun Tonsia and Mitham. The only thing stopping us from cutting them off is the duchy of Grantford. 

A splitting headache. Silton burning. Damn it, stop. I said stop. The headache is destroying my train of thought. I don’t have time. I sit there holding my head. The soldier next to me looks worried. I just give him a wave. The head ache begins to fade. Well, apparently, they are going to Silton. Why, I have no clue. There isn’t any strategic importance. Unless, they wanted to cut off our land routes. No, they are trying to start a rebellion in Wonsan.  

“Ah, I want an army to head back to Silton, if everything is alright, use the transports to quickly arrive in Tonsia. I want you to continue scouting for the enemy.” I give my orders to the commander by my said. He does a quick bow and begins walking into another direction. Why do my headaches always keep increasing? Silton has a strong position. Even if a disaster had occurred it can’t fall that quickly. That can only mean one thing. There is a traitor in the palace. Whoever it is, they are trying to destroy all that I am striving to create. I cannot let that happen. I turn to Leo who has been looking to me for a while. 

“Can I trust you to take an army and head back to Silton.” I turn to him. If my plans are to succeed, I need to stay with this army.  

“Color me shocked, I would have expected you to go running back to Silton since you are so worried about it. It would also make more sense for me to defend Merey.” He comments. Well, that is understandable. Unfortunately, I can’t abandon my plans just because a rock appeared in my way. 

“You are the only one I can rely on. I need to stay on the front line. I may not have directly started this war but I am responsible. I have to see it with my own eyes.” I plead with him. This is my duty. I need to remember the sacrifices I am making. Remember not to become the monsters that I am fighting. 

“I understand.” He nods as well. I watch as my friend walks away his back getting farther and farther every moment. Damn these visions. They never give me good news. Why is it that everything is trying to destroy me? 

“I want to increase the speed of the march.” I give my orders to another captain. 

“But your majesty we will be tired. If the enemy finds us, we will be sitting ducks.” He warns me. 

“I know, but we won’t find them. The god damned cowards won’t meet us in battle.” The captain seems confused. Not that it matters. We just need to secure our flank and then move on to the more necessary matters. Why did you decide to do it like this? If only I had chosen a better way of doing things. I could just get rid of Commander Graham and use that as a reason for rooting out corruption. I don’t need to do this complicated political maneuvering. I already have the full backing of the House of Nobles. 

I put my hand on the handle of my sword. Father, how did you do this? How did you commit such a destruction with ease? Turn your blades on your fellow country members. I honestly didn’t want this, but I can’t see any other way. Hah, I can be such a terrible human being. I see Leo walk back up to me. 

“I have started preparing for my departure. I’ll be able to turn around by tomorrow. Is there any news you want me to bring back?” He asks me worried. 

“No, I’ll bring back any words I want to say. I’ll tell them when I return victorious.” I tell him. I cannot take back what has already been done. I cannot walk back upon this path. If I am to return home, let it be in victory. Let it be with the assurance that such a war should never happen again. 

“I know that this is weighing on you. Just know that this is for the better of Allonia. And that I am on your side.” I honestly don’t know how to respond to that. 

“Thank you and good luck.” I tell him.  


A/N: I'll  be honest, the usefulness of this vision isn't all that much. In all actuality I don't think that it changed the future in the grand scheme but that doesn't really matter. I haven't really done much world building lately. I apologize for this. I guess I'll talk a bit more about the Koryo. Currently there are 4 of them. Of them only Yeon can be considered politically stable. The rest deal with warlords and little to no central authority. Furthermore there is a large amount of corruption in all of these countries... Actually now that I think of it, most of the countries on this continent suffer from corruption. No wonder Allonia and Arria are so much stronger than everyone else.

0