Chapter 8: … Of Mice And Men…
592 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack was ready to find those aliens and show them what for, however, he has no idea where they could be, all this time figuring things out, he has grown another .1 meters, bringing him to 10.2 meters tall. “Well, considering I can’t find those things, I might as well hunt some of these things, get some practice.” With a new seriousness, Jack works to hunt down the baloonys, hunting them as efficiently as possible, some he gored with his tail, bringing them towards him with its dual spikes, others he would quickly stab through the eyes with his long, claw-tipped fingers, and other still he would simply bite into. He avoided using his breath weapon as to save as much of the flesh as possible.

The ‘aliens’ were plotting again, this time designing new projectiles that were much longer and thinner, more suited for piercing the monster’s thick hide. The new weapons required new training for their hunters, their spitting techniques would need changing for this new size, and they would need to be more delicate while holding it as to not cut their cheeks.

Their training, however, was interrupted by a scout bringing news of a giant wave that could threaten their city, meaning they would be needed along with the others to help move the giant city around to the other side of the wide tree it was resting against. A long and arduous task, but it was well worth it when their entire way of living rested on the city being intact.

The exact origin of this mysterious wave is unknown, though it seems to be from a rapid removal of water that caused the water to collapse in on the empty space, as indicated by the circular shape of the wave.

Jack had worked hard, he was now more than double the height he started at, at a staggering 23 meters “Alright, I think I should at least take a rest, I don’t think I need to sleep, but that doesn’t really matter, I’m getting kinda sore from all this hunting, not to mention they’ve starting running away now that I’m this big, it’s also a lot harder to hide on top of that.” “The underwater ones can tell just from the little waves I make in the water by moving, so my only real option so far has been to hunt down the flying ones, but they’re usually too high to reach, and I don’t wanna fry them…” “This is going to get real hard to hunt soon isn’t it.”

Swimming to a large, rocky island, Jack backs up a bit and observes it’s cliff side and length, “Alright, this should work.” Preparing his breath weapon, Jack aims just below the center, before he fires, his bobs his head in small, slow, circles.

Firing into the cliff-side, Jack drills into it, rapidly clearing out a space, stopping his breath quickly, jack examines his handiwork, “This’ll work.” Swimming up to the hole, Jack slowly drags himself into it, turning around halfway in and facing the direction he came in, “Ha ha! I fit!”

Just as he gets comfortable, the rocks around him start making cracking sounds, then the ‘ceiling’ collapses on top of him “Y’know what, this is fine…” “It’s not, but I don’t feel like finding another island that would work, and I’m strong enough that this is more like a weighted blanket then anything…” “Actually, scratch that, this is pretty comfortable.” Doing a soundless yawn, Jack shifts about, getting comfy once again.

 


Whoops! Sorry guys! I almost forgot to post this! A lot of stuff going on right now.

20