172 – In-person Race
5.6k 6 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Copying features from other games he had played in the previous world certainly accelerated the game's development process.

Instead of focusing exclusively on developing everything in an original way, Alex realized that if he thought of a game that had a similar feature, copied it, and edited it, the process would be several times faster, so that's what he started to do. .

Some of the Features that he copied to put in the game were the dynamic climate system, where different extreme climates could appear in the game world and completely change the way the Player would have to drive in order to maintain control of the car on the road, a mode where the Player could develop as a pursuit police officer, with his own story for the Player to complete after he finished the main story, and even a system based on the racing groups that existed in Japan in the past, where Players could form groups, dominate areas and determine that area as that of their group, so other Players could challenge that area, either solo to try to join the group, or coming as a group to try to dominate the area for themselves.

Not to mention other new, smaller features he was doing.

At one point Alex thought about using this open world to develop something like GTA, but thinking that he could sell GTA as another game in the future, or even an expansion for NFS and earn more money, he left this idea for the future and for while focusing solely on the game's racing mode.

Another idea he started to implement for this game, as NFS would be a game in a modern world with the base city being inspired by NY, Alex decided to make Hub 73.

Hub 73 would be the NFS Hub, where any Player could enter for free to watch the events by car, but only those who paid for the game will be able to drive the game's cars and participate in the events there.

This way, it would be opening up yet another way to arouse Players' curiosity and potentially further increasing the number of Players who would be interested enough to buy the game.

With all that done, Alex had the game ready in front of him.

At that moment the only thing he was missing was the Marketing campaign, which had already been discussed with the NY government and the race was scheduled for 3 days from now.

When Players around the world found out that Oasis was going to hold the first in-person event in the world, all plane tickets to NY were sold instantly.

The staff at the NY airport were completely shocked and had to go into emergency mode to deal with so many people arriving on so many crowded planes.

The hotels had the same result, with so many people coming, from the cheapest hotels to the most expensive hotels in the city, they were all completely booked, causing even normal people to advertise rooms in their houses to rent to these tourists.

When the NY government saw this, the smile on these deputies' faces was huge.

By their estimate alone, the city's tourism profit during the week of the Need For Speed ​​event would be enough to cover almost a year's worth of profit in that area in previous years alone.

This is because tourists were not only coming by plane, but there were also people filling all the city's bus stations and roads becoming increasingly crowded with people coming to travel by car.

For the first time in decades, NY was completely crowded.

The most surprising thing is that the list of people who would participate in the races hadn't even been released yet!

The Players were just coming to participate in a Notch event without even knowing how this event would actually be held and who would participate in it.

But the Players who would participate have already received their invitations.

In the list that Alex made, he only sent the invitation to influential people around the world, as he wanted everyone to have someone to root for.

Of course, there were not representatives from all over the world, but each region had its own.

The most important to Alex were the representatives of North America and Africa, which he invited Tony Stark and sent an invitation to Wakanda.

Tony didn't even think twice before accepting the invitation, as Wakanda was still deciding who their pilot would be, but considering Oasis' probability calculations, Alex believed that the one who would come would be T'Challa.

For the other continents, Alex only invited famous celebrities who had some relationship with car driving, since the heroes from other countries that he was interested in inviting, at that time either had not become heroes yet, or were still in a hidden state. from the public eye, which would not help in any way with the promotion of the game.

Of course, the event wouldn't just be a simple race, Alex was planning something special for these Players, especially for those who visited NY to watch the race, so his preparation for everything to go well was huge.

Even though the event he did in the Fortnite tournament had taken a bit of work, the event he was doing now was taking several times more work, as now he couldn't solve things with just GP and his imagination, considering that much of the event would take place in real life.

But Alex was excited for what the audience's reaction to this would be.

The day before the event, Alex was at "The Mark Hotel", the most luxurious hotel he could find, in a meeting with several important people for this event.

In this room there were the NY senators, politicians from various countries around the world, and the celebrities who would compete in the next day's race, and of course, in the center of it all, was Notch, in the usual suit he always wore, looking at all with an elegant smile.

If it was before, they would have thought that Notch seemed quite defenseless for someone with so much power, since even when he was alone, he never carried security guards, but after the livestream where he dealt with the terrorist Magneto, it was clear to these people that this man didn't need security guards.

With that blue energy armor that he could summon at any time, he was always safer than even Iron Man.

But since no one there had any intention of hurting Notch, instead of worrying about how safe or how powerful he was, they just worried about how this race would be run.

////NunuNote////

Read 20+ chapters on Patre On!
Patreon.com/NunuXD

96