173 – Example
1.6k 9 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dealing with these people was a real headache for Alex.

Even though he was bringing countless benefits to the city, these politicians were even more greedy than Alex imagined and at all times they were trying to get even more benefits.

At one point, Alex just sat there listening to everything they had to say, listening to all the reasons why Alex should let them give speeches before the race, or other things that could benefit their public image.

For the first 20 minutes, they talked nonstop, completely oblivious to the way Alex was acting toward them, but when it got close to 30 minutes of them talking and Notch just being quiet and staring at them, they finally tried to bring Notch into the conversation, but regardless of what they said, Notch just looked at them in silence.

When they realized that Notch wasn't saying anything, they stayed quiet, expecting Notch to speak, possibly agreeing with them, but Notch just remained quiet.

For a whole 5 minutes, no one said anything in the room.

Every few seconds, Alex saw a few drops of sweat running down these politicians' foreheads, but no one said anything else.

With peace finally reigning in that room, Notch finally spoke again.

"Are you finished making your demands?" Notch asked, his face cold, not even trying to hide how he was feeling. "I think you have confused things a little, you are not doing me a favor by allowing me to make the race happen here, quite the opposite, you are the ones who are receiving a huge favor for me choosing NY as the city to hold this event. The demanding position is not with you, but with me." Notch said as he faced each of the politicians and wealthy businessmen sitting with him.

Listening to what Notch said, although he felt that what Notch said made a bit of sense, but one of the politicians had a small smile on his face while listening to Notch speak.

Seeing how this man was acting, Notch looked at him and spoke. "Senator Bowen, is there anything funny about what I said?"

"There's nothing funny, Mr. Notch, but now that all the tickets to NY have already been purchased and millions of people have landed in the city, it wouldn't be very interesting for the public image of the Oasis if the event didn't happen, right?" Senator Bowen said, still with the smile on his face.

Hearing what he said, the other politicians and businessmen at the table also had a small smile on their faces and looked at Notch, waiting to know how he could deal with this.

"Is that a threat, Senator Bowen?" Notch asked with a slightly raised eyebrow.

"I would never do something like that, Mr. Notch, it's just a hypothesis of a fact that could happen." Senator Bowen responded.

Looking at Senator Bowen for a few seconds, Notch nodded and took out his cell phone. He spent just a few seconds clicking some buttons on the screen and then started reading something.

"William Bowen, Senator of NY for 13 years, before being elected he had a fortune valued at 900 thousand dollars, now, after 13 years he has a fortune declared at approximately 7 million dollars, through analysis, it is possible to find another 7 million of dollars in undeclared wealth. Every 4 months he takes a trip to a small town in Thailand to participate in sexual acts with children and animals..." Notch said in an uninterested voice.

But compared to Notch's disinterest, every word that came out of his mouth caused Senator Bowen to turn paler, to the point where he couldn't take it anymore and screamed. "Stop! Where did you get that kind of information?"

Slowly looking up from his cell phone, Notch looked into Senator Bowen's eyes as he responded. "New York Times."

"Impossible! If this had been available in the New York Times I would already know!" He shouted furiously and desperately trying to unlock his cell phone to search too, but his hands were so shaky that he couldn't do it.

When he finally managed to unlock the cell phone, the screen changed to a call screen. The number was his secretary's.

Without thinking twice, Bowen answered the call and the more he listened to what the other person had to say on the other end of the line, the paler his skin became and the more desperate he became.

Finally after 3 minutes of calling, Bowen hung up and looked at Notch with a soulless look.

"As?" It was the only thing he could ask.

To this, Notch didn't even smile, he just looked into the eyes of every other person in the room, slowly, making everyone freeze and feel completely exposed in front of him.

When Notch's gaze finally reached Bowen again, he responded. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Seeing Notch's response, Bowen finally went crazy and rushed towards Notch, wanting to kill this man.

But the other men in the room knew how stupid this idea was.

Notch didn't even have to move a finger, his eyes just turned red and Senator Bowen, who was running towards him, just fell to the ground as if he had fainted.

Ignoring the man lying on the floor, Notch, still with red eyes, looked at the other men at the table and spoke. "Now we can actually start talking."

After using Senator Bowen as an example, or rather, former Senator Bowen, the meeting went without a hitch. Everyone gave up on the last minute idea of ​​trying to use the little power they had to try to get more benefits.

Of course, Notch wasn't just going to keep all the benefits, but he was fully aware that this was all because of him, and that he had no obligation to do something he didn't want to do just because another greedy person was trying to make more money.

With everything set up, Alex got into the elevator and headed back to the room he had reserved for him at the hotel.

But instead of staying at the hotel, Alex left his cell phone in the room for Oasis to keep an eye on in case anyone came, and returned to his cabin using Kamui's teleport.

With the race taking place in the real world, people were a little disappointed that they couldn't go, so the race would also be broadcast on Hub 73, which was a bit of work for Alex to handle.

But considering how simple this was compared to the work that went into organizing the actual race, he didn't even worry too much and went about it quickly.

In a short time the preparation was ready and he was confident that everything would go well the next day.

////NunuNote////

Read 20+ chapters on Patre On!
Patreon.com/NunuXD

78