174 – X-Men Preparations
1.5k 11 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seeing the newspaper images on television, I was happy that I hadn't been impulsive and bought a ticket to NY like other people had done.

From the news helicopter camera I was watching, I could see that literally every street in the city was completely filled with people.

The only streets that were empty were the streets that were closed and that cars would possibly pass through.

"How I wish I was there…" Kurt complained dramatically as he put his hands on his head in complaint.

"Among all those people? I prefer to stay here, in the peace of our home." Kitty said something surprising, since she was usually the one who most wanted to leave the house and be in crowded environments.

Apparently even she has her limits.

"Anna, is Alex coming?" Scott asked curiously, since he knew Alex would like to watch the race with us, since he liked cars as much as Scott and Kurt.

"I don't think so… he said his boss at work said he would have to be on duty today, but he'll still be able to watch the race at work." I responded, but even though it seemed like a genuine excuse, there was something in me that distrusted his response.

Of course, I wasn't worried about him being with another girl, but I'm guessing that the part about his job is a little different from what he told me, especially after what happened with Jean a few days ago.

All the events that have taken place so far involving Mojang, he has never been available to watch with us, not to mention that his account has the nickname [A], in addition to the fact that he has the Ender Dragon cover even though no one has seen him in Minecraft before… everything is very strange.

Thinking about him saying that his boss asked him to be on call, the only thing I can think of is that Notch probably asked for his help and that Alex probably works at Mojang.

But knowing how dangerous this information is, with the size of the company, and considering how much appears in the newspapers about governments around the world looking for the company to sue them, or form partnerships, keeping his identity secret really is best.

At least this kind of information makes me feel even better, since I know that Notch isn't a bad person after that conversation I had with him in Minecraft the first time I played, plus Notch is willing to give so many benefits to Alex probably knowing he's a mutant just makes me happy for his job.

The only thing that makes me feel a little bad is that Alex lied about working at a publishing company, but I can understand why he would lie, so I'm just going to wait until he's comfortable telling me that he works for Mojang.

I imagine the surprised face he'll make when I'm not surprised when he tells me that his boss is Notch, haha.

[Dear spectators, it is with great pleasure that we come to present you the first Need For Speed ​​race, this year with the first edition, held in New York!]

Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted by the presenter on the TV program, starting to show runners around the world.

Apparently the program has the presence of 12 countries, with 2 pilots each, totaling 24 pilots.

Among these drivers, one was a real driver with great history from that country, while the other was a famous celebrity to generate more engagement for the race.

For celebrities, I only knew Tony Stark, who represented the USA, Shakira representing Colombia, Ronaldo from Portugal and Ozzy Osbourne from the UK.

Some others I didn't know, but apparently Scott and Kurt recognized the American driver, who apparently is famous in NASCAR called Kyle Busch, a Brazilian called Anderson Silva who is a fighter and their driver Airton Senna, who seems to be very good at driving. and his competitor, Lewis Hamilton from the UK.

I was surprised that Kitty met the Indian musician, Rahman, she said she heard his song once after he won an Oscar in 2009.

"Dude, but you have to understand that Kyle is a monster!" Scott said in a discussion with Kurt after seeing the pilots' names.

"Have you seen Senna's record in Formula 1? He's a beast, a beast who knows how to make right turns too." Kurt said mockingly.

From what I saw of the two's fight, Kurt is a fan of Formula 1, which is where Senna is leader, but he also likes Hamilton, while Scott is a fan of Nascar, which makes him a fan of Kyle.

Seeing the two fighting, I realized it was a fight like a football fan and a baseball fan over which sport had the best idol.

Ignoring the two fighting, I went to talk to the girls about the celebrities while we saw images of the city.

"How are there so many people in the city? People must not have even been able to go to work, right?" Kitty commented in shock as she looked at the screen.

"The lucky ones are those who live above their store, since they only need to go down the stairs and with so many people, the money they will earn today will be very high." Jean commented, making me reflect and be shocked by this, since it's true, imagine who lives above a cafeteria and can open to serve that many people?

While we were talking, the younger students' classes ended and they also came running to the mansion's living room to watch the race with us.

Even the teachers came together to watch, while unsurprisingly, Logan was coming over with a few bottles of beer to watch as he joined Kurt and Scott's argument, for the first time agreeing with Scott on something, showing that he liked Nascar more than than Formula 1.

With the room full of people talking, it was difficult to hear what they were saying on the television, but for now they were just showing the place and the people who were preparing for the race.

"This track looks cool, but isn't this too risky? This is looking like an illegal street race." Scott commented with a furrowed brow.

"I think Need For Speed ​​is an illegal street racing game, so they're trying to keep it as close to the game as possible. But I think there must be some hidden security measures." Kurt commented as he tried to analyze the image.

"Those walls are padded with something." Logan commented as he took a sip of his beer. "There are security measures, they just hid it very well."

With what he said, Kurt and Scott became more attentive but had difficulty noticing where the padding was.

I tried it too, but I didn't notice anything and gave up looking after a while.

40 minutes later, while the conversation in the room was a mess, suddenly everything stopped.

No one else was talking, as the screen was showing the image of today's event host, Notch.

////NunuNote////

Read 20+ chapters on Patreon!
And 15+ chapters of a new novel.
Patreon.com/NunuXD

82