162 – Hype
2.2k 7 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thor was strolling through a Hub while talking to his friends.

"So I used the holy light on his head and he fell backwards over the cliff! Hahaha!" Thor laughed out loud as he recounted how he had killed a monster four levels above him single-handedly.

Hearing Thor's story, Volstagg began to laugh imagining the monster falling from the cliff while Fandral looked at Thor with a bit of concern and asked. "But what about the monster's spoils? You weren't able to get anything?"

When Thor heard Fandral's question, he froze.

Seeing how Thor reacted, the Warriors Three laughed out loud while Sif laughed quietly seeing how sorry Thor was.

Suddenly, as they turned a corner in the Hub on their way to the tavern they normally frequented, a large group of Players were gathered in front of a dealership.

Once their group entered this carriage shop, but seeing that the appearance of these carriages was quite generic, it didn't attract any of them.

If it were a normal day, they would just pass by this store and ignore it, as always, but as there were so many people there, the group's curiosity was aroused.

Getting closer to the store, Thor saw an excited Player and asked.

"Hello friend! Why are so many people gathered around this store?" Thor asked with a smile.

Looking at Thor, the Player was surprised, since he knew this man!

"Are you Thor?!" The Player asked excitedly. "I've been following your streams for weeks!"

Seeing that the Player was a fan of his, Thor's smile got even bigger as his pride began to swell.

"Haha, yes friend! I'm Thor Odinson!" Thor said proudly as he hugged the Player, who was shocked by this display of affection. "But answer me, why are so many people gathered in this store?"

"Apparently Mojang has left signs that a new game is coming, and from what people have seen, the next game is going to be a racing game!" The Player said excitedly as he pointed to a screen in the center of the dealership.

Looking at where the Player was pointing, Thor was a little surprised.

Unlike the generic carriages he saw in this store, Thor was shocked by the carriages that were appearing on the screen.

From what he was seeing, apparently several people with customized carriages were meeting at one place at night.

While most people just stood around watching, several people were lining up carriages to bet races!

As soon as a group of people went out to run, another group would join in to run as well.

On another side of the place, there were people using the carriages to make turns while skidding sideways, which shocked Thor!

As Thor looked in wonder at each of those chariots, seeing how beautiful they were, one particularly caught his attention.

"What's that silver carriage?" Thor asked in wonder as he looked at a silver car with thunder stickers.

Knowing which car Thor was talking about, the Player next to him smiled as he responded.

"My friend, that is the Nissan Skyline R34, better known as Godzilla!" The Player explained excitedly. "He's named after this monster because of how overpowering he is on the track!"

"Godzilla…" Thor spoke in a low voice as he looked at the game on the screen with glowing eyes.

Suddenly, it was possible to see the police light approaching while other people got into their carriages and fled the place as quickly as they could.

Thor saw when the camera focused on Godzilla and how intense it was for the pilot to avoid the other carriages on the road while having to drive as fast as possible to escape the police.

Before Thor could know whether that pilot managed to evade the police or not, the screen went black and words appeared.

[Need For Speed - Soon]

As soon as the trailer ended, the surrounding Players started clapping while shouting in excitement.

The vast majority of Players there were Gear Heads, although they had a lot of fun in ESW, when they were traveling from one place to another in the game, they always returned to the Oasis Hub to participate in some races, but the experience was very limited.

When they saw that Mojang was developing a game focused specifically on street racing, their minds were blown!

When the trailer ended, only a small portion of the Players left, while the rest remained there to watch the trailer again while talking to friends about what they saw.

"Hey, did you see that yellow Ferrari at the car meet?!" A Player said excitedly about a detail he noticed.

"Yellow Ferrari? I didn't see…" His friend said confused.

"I saw it! It was Notch's Ferrari, right?!" Another Player on the side commented excitedly.

"Yes! He even had the Liberty Walk Bodykit and everything! Will he be a racer that we can compete in the game?!" The Player theorized excitedly.

"Will that happen?! If so it will be epic! Have you ever thought about a race against Notch and Herobrine?! That would be amazing!" The Player said very excitedly.

Hearing these Players' speculations, the other Players around also began to theorize about the details they saw in the game and became increasingly excited about how it could work.

Even Thor and his friends felt their blood boil as they imagined the thrill of competing in these races.

When they were kids, their dream was always to get a pegasus to race each other, or a spaceship to race around the universe.

But seeing how fun this Midgardian chariot race looked, they felt that this was much more fun than they imagined!

Although Mojang did not post the game's trailer on the Twitch video platform, the number of Players talking about the game on the Oasis Forum was enormous.

Even more so when the Need for Speed ​​subforum emerged, Players who wanted to talk about the game managed to gather in one place and the amount of new theories from these Players exploded into the sky, especially when they realized that this game would probably be even better to pass time while they were traveling in Elder Scrolls: Warcraft.

Of course, the most excited people were those who loved cars, but didn't have the money to buy their dream cars, imagining that they could drive and customize these cars in NFS, these people's excitement skyrocketed!

Alex, observing the excitement of these people, began to have a different idea to promote the launch of the game.

'Would I be able to organize an in-person race as a way of promoting the game?' he wondered. 'Maybe I should contact the government first?'

////NunuNote////

Read 20+ chapters on Patre On!
Patreon.com/NunuXD

103