Chapter 2
181 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The annual costume week arrived. In this particular week, the bar opened earlier than usual to welcome more customers, more particularly the regulars. The quiet atmosphere of the bar became livelier with all the regulars taking pictures with the staff.

As Ming Chen anticipated, Bai Hua didn't participate in the first 2 days because her grandfather passed away. Yu Renjia who was in charge of tailing her outside her usual routine went to keep watch on her. As for Ming Chen and Wen Rui, they continued their day as usual.

Bai Hua wasn't in the pub today, so Ming Chen could give his full attention to his customers. Not that it was any different than usual.

"Xiao Ming, we came!" Feng Huoran and Yong Heng came by after their work hour.

Ming Chen welcomed them with a smile, "Welcome, Mr. Feng, Mr. Yong."

They were stunned to see the 'woman' inside the counter. Rather than his usual uniform, Ming Chen was wearing a dark purple high collared dress that highlighted his slim figure on the top before flowing down elegantly from his waist. His hair extension was curled and styled to rest on his left shoulder. To complete his look, he wore a pair of silver earrings. His make-up wasn't overdone and complimented all his features.

"I knew you're going to look good as a woman, but my heart just skipped a beat just now." Feng Huoran gripped his chest exaggeratingly.

"Thank you for your compliment." Ming Chen softly laughed.

"I thought you're only going to wear make-up. Didn't think we're going to get a full service." Yong Heng sat down at the counter followed by Feng Huoran.

"The owner never jokes around about costume week." Feng Huoran gave a thumbs up.

They ordered their usual drinks and snacks. Ming Chen made it for them.

As Feng Huoran cried out his complaints about work and his brother as usual, more customers came. It didn't take long for the tables to be fully occupied. The counter's popularity also didn't lose.

Because the customers at the counter were all regulars, they talked with one another along with Ming Chen. He didn't need to shift his attention here and there and just needed to stand at the center to talk to all of them. There were also customers asking for pictures from time to time which he catered willingly.

"Hey, why don't I see Xiao Bai anywhere?" a customer looked around.

"She's only going to join the day after tomorrow because of a personal matter." Ming Chen answered.

"I was looking forward to her crossdressing." The customer next to him said.

"But the main point of this event is the male staff. I thought I'll get a good laugh today, but whoever did the make-up is taking this too seriously." Another one shook his head regretfully.

"I second that," a female customer chimed in, "I won't comment on Xiao Ming, but even Xiao Lei and Xiao Du are prettier than me today."

"Xue Jie will definitely be happy hearing that from a beautiful woman like you, Miss Yue."

"Can you please stop smiling? I think I might seriously kidnap you tonight." The man sitting next to Miss Yue covered his eyes in dread.

The other customers laughed. Ming Chen also laughed along when he saw the door opened.

"Welcome, Mr. Wei."

Hearing that, Feng Huoran and Yong Heng turned their head. Feng Huoran asked, "Mr. Wei, you managed to finish your work early?"

"Not quite. But I successfully bring my business partner slash buddy here, so everything's fine." Wei Linzhen laughed triumphantly.

The people at the counter looked at the said business partner and were shocked to see a foreigner next to Wei Linzhen. His blonde hair and deep blue eyes attracted all the eyes of the people inside. The foreigner has distinct masculine features with a high nose and a sharp jaw. His body was built with wide shoulders and perfect proportions identical to models.

"Mr. Wei, you seriously dragged your business partner all the way here just to attend costume week??"

"I attend every year. I can't disappoint Xiao Ming this year. Especially since I'm one of those requesters." Wei Linzhen winked at Ming Chen.

"You have my respect, Mr. Wei. I'll give you my seat." A customer raised his hand in surrender as he got up.

"I'm giving my seat to that male god over there." Miss Yue also stood up.

"Well then, how about we spend the night together, Miss Yue?" the customer offered his hand.

"I don't see why not, Mr. Qiao." She accepted his invitation.

They left after paying their bill and taking a round of pictures with all the staff. Wei Linzhen and his companion sat down.

"Are they serious? They're as free as always." Yong Heng shook his head in wonder.

"Do you want your usual, Mr. Wei?" Ming Chen asked.

"Yes. And a whiskey for him." Wei Linzhen pointed at his companion.

While Ming Chen prepared their drinks and snacks, the other people curiously asked Wei Linzhen about his companion.

"Guys, he can speak our language. Just ask him directly." Wei Linzhen patted his companion's back.

"What's your name?" Feng Huoran asked.

"Did you know Mr. Wei was going to drag you here?" another one added.

"Michelle Langley. And no, I didn't." Michelle glared at Wei Linzhen.

The people laughed. Feng Huoran couldn't help but say, "Xiao Ming, give Mr. Langley extra service, will you? He's an innocent victim here."

"Why does Xiao Ming have to give extra service? He should put double the bill at Mr. Wei to teach him a lesson." Yong Heng refuted.

Ming Chen served Wei Linzhen's order and said helplessly, "Thank you for going out of your way to come here, Mr. Wei."

"Xiao Ming always knows what to say to make me happy," Mr. Wei laughed cheerily, "Order anything you want. My treat."

The people at the counter cheered and ordered a new glass and snacks.

"Please don't overdo it, Mr. Wei. You still need to take Mr. Langley back after this." Ming Chen warned him after he served all the orders.

Wei Linzhen listened to him. When it was time for them to leave, he was still sober and bid Ming Chen goodbye, saying he would come again. Most of the people has left, and the staff got ready for closing.

Arriving back home, Ming Chen didn't see Yu Renjia sleeping on the couch. Looks like he wouldn't be coming back soon.

2 days later, Bai Hua appeared at the bar. From Yu Renjia's report, there wasn't anything particular happening to her at the funeral. It was now Ming Chen's turn to be alert.

Nothing happened until the second to last day of the week.

Feng Huoran came to the bar earlier than usual since it was the weekends. Instead of Yong Heng, he brought another person with him. The man has similar features to him, but he was taller and looked several times better than Feng Huoran. Especially his eyes.

But what caught Ming Chen's attention was the thing hovering above his head.

Ming Chen welcomed him as usual. Feng Huoran then introduced the man to him.

"Xiao Ming, this is my older brother, Feng Yiran."

It was actually the famous lady killer. Almost all the regulars of the counter knew about Feng Huoran's older brother because half of his complaints were about this man who could make women fall just from his glance. He was somewhat famous here although he never visited himself.

"Pleasure to meet you, Mr. Feng." Ming Chen nodded slightly.

"…Yes, me too." Feng Yiran stared at him.

"Ge, Xiao Ming's a man! Your eyes won't bewitch him no matter how hard you stare!" Feng Huoran said resentfully.

Ming Chen noticed Bai Hua was coming their way. He thought for a while before hooking his finger.

Bai Hua was walking when suddenly a customer who was walking to the bathroom accidentally hit her. She hit Feng Yiran's back as a result. Fortunately, there was nothing on the counter in front of him and the impact didn't hurt both of them.

The customer apologized to her which she replied politely. She hurriedly turned to Feng Yiran and apologized.

"I'm very sorry, sir. Are you hurt anywhere?"

"No, I'm fine."

Bai Hua looked up and their eyes met. Ming Chen glanced up at the small white orb above Feng Yiran's head. Bai Hua also has one ever since coming back from the funeral. The white orbs moved closer to one another as if testing something. They fused together into one bigger orb which turned its color to a faint green. It separated into 2 little green orbs and went back to the 2 people's head.

Bai Hua didn't give any particular reaction and walked away after apologizing once more. Feng Yiran was stunned. He froze for a while before turning his head to look at the girl again.

Ming Chen looked away.

He didn't expect the destined partner would appear this fast.

13