Chapter 3
157 2 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Her destined partner appeared?" Yu Renjia asked in confirmation.

Ming Chen nodded, "Bai Hua didn't give any particular reaction, but Feng Yiran definitely did. I have a feeling I'll be having a new regular."

As he said, Feng Yiran started coming to the bar frequently. The customers gradually knew he was Feng Huoran's brother and teased Feng Huoran about him when his brother wasn't there.

One day, Feng Yiran came as usual. He was already in a friendly term with Bai Hua, and they greeted each other. The door opened again. It was the foreigner that Wei Linzhen brought there the other day. He was slightly surprised to see he was still in the country.

"Welcome, Mr. Langley."

Michelle looked at the source of the voice. His movement halted for a split second before walking to the counter.

"Did Linzhen come here today?" he asked.

"Mr. Wei hasn't come here for today." Ming Chen shook his head.

He heard Michelle click his tongue. After thinking about something, he sat down, "I'll try waiting for him here."

"Would you like some whiskey?"

Michelle nodded.

Ming Chen served him his drink. Michelle drank in silence while handling his work with his phone.

There weren't many people at the bar today, and the lively regulars weren't there. Ming Chen cleaned the glasses while giving refills from time to time. The quiet was broken when a woman came in. Her high status was shown off from her clothes.

She quickly located Feng Yiran and approached him.

"Yiran, I kept inviting you to dinner, but you always refused! I thought you were busy, but you're actually drinking in this lowly bar? If you like to drink, you can accompany me to my regular bar."

"Miss Lin, please lower your voice. You're disturbing other people." Feng Yiran sighed tiredly.

Although he told her to lower her voice, the woman still spoke loudly.

"Why are you still calling me so formally? My dad has agreed to make you my fiancé. You should start calling me Xiao Xia or baby or darling." Lin Xia sat down next to Feng Yiran and hugged his arm.

Feng Yiran pulled his arm out, "Miss Lin, please watch your manners. I never agreed to become anyone's fiancé and we're not in any relationship."

He took out his wallet and paid for his drinks, "Sorry for this, Xiao Ming."

Ming Chen replied with a smile. Feng Yiran didn't forget to bid farewell to Bai Hua before leaving. Lin Xia didn't expect him to abruptly leave and chased after him with her high heels clacking against the floor.

"Hard to be popular." A customer shook his head.

Ming Chen noted the woman down in his head. He would ask Wen Rui to collect her information later.

Until nearing closing time, the man Michelle was looking for didn't show up. He got up to leave.

"If Linzhen comes by, can you tell him I'm looking for him?"

"I will do that." Ming Chen nodded.

After that episode, Feng Yiran didn't come to the bar for a long while. Instead, it was Michelle who came from time to time.

Around this time, Wen Rui reported that Bai Hua was going to participate in a singing competition.

"In her campus?"

"No," Wen Rui showed him a website, "It's this."

The singing competition was held by Sparks, a big entertainment company. The program would be broadcasted nationwide, and the first-place winner would get prize money and be contracted by the company. The second and third winners would also get prize money.

The program would start its recording from the audition phase that would be held next month.

"Become a staff?"

Ming Chen nodded, "Can you do it?"

"No problem," Wen Rui sent a folder to Ming Chen, "This is the info you asked for. I also looked up Feng Yiran while I'm at it. I can guess where this will be going."

In the file, written in the first few lines was the name of the company that held the competition they looked at just now. Feng Yiran was the president of Sparks entertainment. He took over his mother who wanted to focus on her career as a model. Feng Huoran himself worked as his brother's vice president. Although he often whined about his brother, their relationship was very good.

The other one was about Lin Xia. She was the only daughter of the owner of Lex, a famous luxury fashion brand for women. From her history, it was apparent how she grew up without any suffering. Her circle of friends was all from upper-class families and she liked to go to parties every week. She met Feng Yiran at one of those parties her parents took her to and fell in love. She has been coming in and out of Sparks office building for the last 2 months.

"When Lin Xia finds out Feng Yiran is interested in Bai Hua, things will get messy," Wen Rui opened the kitchen cabinet, "Chen Ge, Ren Ge ate all the chips again!"

"You want to go to the supermarket? I still have time before my shift."

"Yes!"

They left after changing their clothes. On their way, Ming Chen called Yu Renjia, "Ren, have you got the link and folder from Rui?"

"I was reading it when you called."

"I'm going to the supermarket with Rui. Do you want anything or just the usual?"

"I'll text it to you."

Yu Renjia sent him a long list of snack brands and the quantity. Ming Chen ignored the quantity and bought 2 small bags of each brand. In addition to Wen Rui's items and some groceries, they ended up with 4 big shopping bags in their hands. Fortunately, they came together so they could carry 2 bags each.

On their way home, Ming Chen saw Wei Linzhen walking into an alley nearby. Michelle has been coming to the bar looking for him recently. He wondered if he should tell Wei Linzhen now that he saw him.

"What's wrong, Chen Ge?"

"My regular's friend has been coming to the bar lately to find this regular of mine. I just saw him walking into that alley over there. Should I tell him?"

"Why not? I'll wait for you here."

Ming Chen went into the alley. He didn't see Wei Linzhen anywhere, so he walked forward until the intersection. He noticed someone pass by on his right and followed it.

But when he turned at a corner, he didn't expect to stumble on a fighting scene.

There were 6 suited men holding a knife in their hand. Surrounded in the center was Wei Linzhen with several injuries. Although he looked like he was at a disadvantage, his breathing was still stable, and his eyes were still bright with self-confidence.

Three of the black-suited men noticed Ming Chen's arrival. The others looked at where they were looking, and Wei Linzhen recognized him.

He quickly attacked 2 of the men who were distracted, "Run!"

The others noticed from his reaction that Wei Linzhen probably knew Ming Chen. Three of them kept Wei Linzhen busy while one chased Ming Chen.

Ming Chen considered what he should do in this situation. There were many people outside and it could be dangerous if this man with a knife in his hand accidentally injured someone. He didn't want to get involved with the police either. Not to mention, even if he escaped, these guys would probably send someone to deal with him later.

He put down his shopping bags and caught the assaulter's wrist. He twisted and broke it before hitting up his chin with his palm. The assaulter was knocked out cold.

In the meantime, Wei Linzhen also defeated the other three. He turned to check Ming Chen's situation, but the back of his head was hit, and he blanked out.

20 minutes later, Michelle appeared in the alley.

He saw Wei Linzhen leaning on the wall with his eyes closed. He checked his pulse and found out he was just unconscious. Studying the scene, he noticed one of the attackers at the corner. His position was too far away compared to his colleagues.

When he checked, he could tell this particular man wasn't defeated by Wei Linzhen. While Wei Linzhen's technique was based on fighting to kill, this other person focused more on neutralizing without killing.

Michelle looked at his phone in his hand that was still connected to Wei Linzhen's phone. It was the same person who knocked out Wei Linzhen and called him using Wei Linzhen's phone. That person must've known Wei Linzhen or him enough to know who to call from all the contact in Wei Linzhen's phone.

It was clear that this person didn't want to be exposed.

He ended the call and contacted another number.

Not long after, 2 identical men with green eyes arrived.

"Clean this up and keep that one for interrogation. We'll take Linzhen to Dr. Yang."

"Yes, Mr. Langley."

13