Chapter 6
143 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Xiao Bai's audition was yesterday, right? When will the result be announced?" Wei Linzhen asked.

"It was judged on spot, Mr. Wei. She passed." Ming Chen answered.

"Really? Isn't that worth celebrating? Why is everybody still so quiet?" Wei Linzhen was shocked.

"Because we already celebrated yesterday, Mr. Wei. Too bad you weren't here. The owner gave out one free drink for everyone." A customer chimed in.

When Wen Rui went to monitor Bai Hua at the audition, he found out that the man who almost hit her with his car was one of the judges. He was called Shen Yuanjun, one of the top vocal instructors in this country.

In addition to that, Lin Xia also participated in the competition. Her voice was subpar though.

She made contact with Bai Hua there. Bai Hua seems to remember her since she left quite an impression at the bar in more than one way. Lin Xia on the other hand didn't recognize Bai Hua.

What happened was, Bai Hua's turn was right after Lin Xia. The audition was held on an open stage so all the contestants could hear the skills of their competitors. When it was Lin Xia's turn, many of them discreetly snickered at the back. Although she managed to pass using her status this still humiliated Lin Xia's pride.

When it was Bai Hua's turn, her voice mesmerized the judges, and she was showered with praise. It was the complete opposite scenario compared to Lin Xia's. This would be the seed of Lin Xia's hatred towards Bai Hua.

They continued chatting while Michelle was as quiet as usual at the side. Ming Chen was wiping the glasses in silence. Just like a few days ago, Michelle was, not too secretly, watching him.

He wondered if he was doing it intentionally.

Or did he think he didn't notice it?

He really wanted to ask when he would stop sending someone to tail him. His scope of activity was only between this bar and his apartment. He rarely went out except for grocery shopping. What else did he want to see?

Yu Renjia did say that he was also being tailed. Fortunately, Wen Rui was still free, so he could do his task without any worry.

Suddenly, his vision spun. Ming Chen put down the glass on his hand in time. His body swayed slightly, but he quickly stabilized it with the help of his hands supporting it. Nobody at the counter noticed it except for one person.

Ming Chen saw in his vision, Bai Hua heading to an empty street. He recognized that it was around her apartment, but she never used that path. Behind her, there were three suspicious men following her. She seems to realize it because her face was clearly panicked.

When his vision returned, he excused himself and went into the staff room to get his phone.

"Ren, someone is intending to harm her. Three men. Probably sent by that girl."

"Call the police?"

Ming Chen thought a better idea, "No, that guy should want to come here today since yesterday he wasn't here."

Feng Yiran and Feng Huoran entered their car. The driver asked Feng Huoran if he wanted to go to the bar as usual. Feng Huoran thought about it and asked Feng Yiran if he wanted to go. Feng Yiran hasn't gone there for a while, and he wanted to catch up with Bai Hua when he knew she was entering the singing competition his company was holding. He wanted to go yesterday but was held up by his work. He didn't know Bai Hua was taking a rest from her job, so they decided to go to the bar.

The driver used his usual route when the car suddenly swayed and tilted to one side. Fortunately, he has a great reflex and successfully stabilized it before pulling over.

"Please wait a moment, young masters. I'll check it quickly," The driver took off his seatbelt and stepped out. He returned shortly, "The front right tire is damaged. I think there was something sharp on the road earlier. There is a spare in the trunk. I'll fix it as soon as possible."

Feng Yiran and Feng Huoran stood outside to let their driver change the tire.

Feng Huoran was looking around idly when he saw a girl pass by them on the street across their right. Not long after, three men appeared and went in the same direction.

"Ge, I think I just saw Xiao Bai…?"

"Where?" Feng Yiran looked to where his brother was looking.

"On that street," Feng Huoran pointed, "She went that way. I'm not sure it's her though."

Feng Yiran recalled Bai Hua said her apartment was around here. But if he wasn't wrong, then Bai Hua was going the opposite direction. It was neither the way to the bar nor to her apartment. That area was also a bit too empty.

He had a foreboding feeling.

"I'll go check it."

"Ge?" Feng Huoran watched him rush away in confusion. Why was he in a hurry?

Feng Yiran crossed the road and went to where Feng Huoran pointed. He looked around him and after walking down for a while, he heard Bai Hua's voice. He followed it and saw her being cornered by three men.

"Hey, what are you doing to her?!"

Yu Renjia watched from the rooftop of a building nearby as Feng Yiran arrived and beat down the three thugs. When the thugs ran away and Bai Hua was delivered to Feng Yiran, he messaged Ming Chen that it ended safely.

Feng Yiran brought Bai Hua to his car and offered her a ride home. Yu Renjia was already on his motorbike watching the whole exchange. He followed them through until Bai Hua entered her apartment.

He saw the light green orb above Feng Yiran and Bai Hua's head became more vibrant when they arrived at Bai Hua's apartment.

At the bar, Ming Chen didn't get a follow-up vision, so he knew things ended well. He was grateful for his visions, but he still have to deal with nausea from the after-effect.

Until his shift finished, he was still feeling a bit nauseous. It wouldn't completely go away until he have some sleep. 3 visions a day was still fine, 5 visions were still bearable, but more than that, he wouldn't be able to walk.

When he left the convenience store, a car stopped in front of him. The man at the back rolled down his window.

"Going home, Bartender Ming?"

Ming Chen smiled, "Yes, Mr. Langley. Is something the matter?"

"I was heading to my office when I saw you from a distance. I was thinking if I can give you a ride?"

You're heading to your office this early in the day?

Ming Chen almost asked that our loud, but he held in, "Thank you for your offer, Mr. Langley. But I can't possibly burden my customer with that. You're also heading to work. I won't take your time."

"It's not a burden. There's also still time," a man stepped out from the front seat and opened the door for Ming Chen, "Please, I insist."

Ming Chen, "…"

He won't take no for an answer, won't he?

Ming Chen entered the car in defeat, "Then, I will be troubling you, Mr. Langley."

"You can call me Michelle. Outside, I'm not your customer. In return, may I know your name?" Michelle asked as the car drove.

Don't you already know?

"Ming Chen. You can call me however you deem comfortable." Ming Chen didn't lose his smile.

"Your shift ends this late every day, Ming Chen?"

"Yes. But I'm used to it already, so it's not tiring at all."

Michelle's question halted. He didn't know if Ming Chen purposefully answered it like that knowing what he wanted to find out, but he quickly reconstructed the question, "Do you get enough sleep before your day job? Or are you a student?"

"Do I look that young, Michelle?" Ming Chen turned to face Michelle.

Michelle stared at him. He dodged it again.

But, studying his face this close, he realized once more how good-looking the man was. The cameras adored him, but the real thing was even better. It was different than those stunning and gorgeous beauties that he often met with. Ming Chen's beauty was subtle and made those around him relax unconsciously.

But to Michelle, there was a hidden side in it that made Ming Chen all the more mysterious. Especially his smile.

"Yes, you do."

They arrived at the front gate of his apartment without Ming Chen needing to give the driver any direction. Ming Chen stepped out and thanked Michelle for the ride before closing the door. He was about to leave when he heard Michelle calling him back.

"I almost forgot this," he put something on Ming Chen's hand, "Then, I will see you again at the bar, Ming Chen."

11