Chapter 1 : The Beginning
223 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As every normal day, Yuki Reishi, a 17 year-old female, had left school after the bell rang, and met her friend Nei near the school gate.


Nei asks
: "So, how was school today?"

"Pretty easy," answers Yuki.

It was an obvious answer, as Yuki always has the highest scores in school, she is also the Student Council President. Nei always respected Yuki for that, and often asked her for help.

Yuki's ambition was to become a rich person, with a huge mansion and multiple maids, she wants to stay single and become a famous doctor that can heal every disease in the world, to find her name in the "Top doctors of the world", on the news, everywhere, fame was everything for her.

Unlike Nei, who wanted to become a biologist, and have a normal life, a normal house, and a small family.

"What about you? How was school?" asks Yuki.

"Uh.. well.. kinda complicated.. OH YEAH! Did you watch the latest episode of One Piece? It came out yesterday"

"Oh shoot! I didn't! Thanks for reminding me"

"Hehe."

"So, wanna do something later?"

"I am pretty busy.. you know.. exams are coming up soon.." uttered Nei.

"I'm sure you will do well, you just need to work hard"

"Eh... I'm not as smart as you.."

"Good luck I guess.. call me if you need help"

"Anyways, have you heard the new rumors?"

"What rumors? I heard nothing"

"There's this new company called Mime that sells anime-themed mirrors-"

"So? It sounds cool," interrupted Yuki.

"That's not all of it.."

"Hm?"

"People say that whoever buys their mirrors goes missing the next day, the rumors are that people enter these mirrors to reach their corresponding world"

"That sounds like an obvious lie"

Yuki and Nei said their goodbyes, and each of them went to their home.

When Yuki almost reached home, she looked at her wallet and thought to herself "I guess  I could buy one of these mirrors, they sound cool, even thought the rumors sound like a complete lie"

Yuki goes to a near shop that sells glass-made objects, and finds the last One Piece themed mirror, from the same brand that Nei stated, Mime.
She bought it and went home.

Yuki opened her house's door and whispered I am home, when she got no answer, she was not surprised, as her parents died long ago from an incurable disease, everytime she went home, her jealousy towards Nei grew, just like a fire in a huge forest, because Nei has a lively home, she has three siblings and her parents, her uncles and aunts often visited her.

Yuki also had visitors, multiple time, these visitors are mailmen and debt collectors.

Yuki wanted to become a doctor so no other kid can experience whatever pain she went through, after her parents died, her uncles and aunts just ignored her, as if she never existed, as if she was just a ghost wandering in a world full of hyenas. There was a reason that Yuki was hated by her family, it was because her parents were rich, and she inherited their entire fortune, hence affecting their relationship.

She was a model student for many reasons but the biggest of them is to fulfill her parents' last wishes to live a good and prosperous life.

After studying for the upcoming exam, Yuki watched the last episode of One Piece, she placed the mirror near her bed and whispered "looks cool", then she went directly to sleep, as she started to fall asleep, she started mumbling "Why do I have to live through this? I wish I had a normal life, I wish I could be reborn in a normal family so I can do whatever I want."

When she woke up, she saw a very bright light in front of her. Her vision was still blurry, so she rested her eyes for a few seconds, when she opened them, she noticed a stranger in front of her, she could barely move, let alone stand up and talk.

She looks at her hands, and sees some baby fingers. "What kind of stupid joke is this, it's probably Nei's doing," she thinks to herself.

As she looked at the stranger for the second time, he started making some weird faces, and she suddenly started laughing at them.

That stranger looked like a man in his late thirties, probably his forties, he was tall, with some fancy clothes, and white hair.

A white text started appearing in front of her :


Name :
Yuki


Clan :
Renbi


Hair color :
White


Eye color :
Cyan


Age :
0


Powers :
None

4