Chapter 2 : The New Life
144 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Huh? What's that" Yuki thought to herself.

"Clan? Renbi? Power? Age 0? What is this?"

Yuki took another look at the text, "Could it be... the mirror's doing..?"

She started to hear some loud noise which resounded inside her head saying : "Hello, I am The System"

"The System?"


Yuki gets teleported to a dark dimension, and notices a black figure in front of her.

"What's that?" questioned Yuki.

"Wait what, I can talk now?"

"As I said, I am The System, you can call me System"

"System? All you did was remove three letters.. jeez.." said Yuki to herself.

"I can hear that."

"Oh.."

"Anyways, it looks like you're the chosen one, if you have any question about this, feel free to ask m-"

"Chosen one? What do you mean by that? Also, what is Renbi, why is my age zero, why am I he-"

"Error! Too many questions"

"Guess I only have one question... what should I ask.." whispered Yuki.

"What do you mean by one question? For interrupting me, you have zero questions left!"


The black figure turned into dust, and Yuki got teleported back to her crib.


"Looks like that was a useless trip"

Yuki takes a look around her, the house was large, it has some high-priced furniture, some fancy lights.. that's all she could see from her crib.

Suddenly, another man came, he looked younger than the previous one, he had long purple straight hair, he had a white comfy shirt and black pants, from far away.

The difference between him and the previous person shows that he was either adopted or their worker, but he was too comfy to be the latter.

"Hello Yuki, you look adorable! I hope you end up being a strong fighter" said the man.

"Just leave me alone, you old man," thought Yuki.

"Yuki fits you as a name, it's as beautiful as you!"

"Can you just shut up already"

Another guy came near, a kid this time, he looks twelve, maybe less, he has white hair, just like the first stranger, probably his son, his eyes are as blue as the sky during spring, he has a white robe on, he held out his hands and grabbed Yuki then held her.

"What the hell are you doing you freak? Put me down before I grab these blue eyes and throw them away to their original location, the sky." Yuki thinks to herself.

"I knew it!" stated the kid.

"Knew what?" asked the old man.

"I knew I could hold her without the risk of throwing her on the ground"

"WHAT THE HELL PUT ME DOWN!"

One week later..

"This is so boring, can't there be something fun to do? System!'

A black figure appeared, "You called?"

"Oh so it worked. Is there something fun to do?"

"Yeah"

"Which is?"

"Stay in your crib and cry"

"Oh.."

"There's this one command that lets you return to your world, and you can always come back here, but there's only some limited uses to it!"

"Which command is it?"

"Are you sure you want to return to your own world?"

"Returning for a short period of time wouldn't hurt"

"Well, say this 'System exit!' "

"That sounds stupid, well, what did I expect?"

"Any complaints?"

"System exit!"

Yuki wakes up in a vast room, it's different from the house she lived in, "What is this place?"


She searched for her phone and uses a GPS to find her location, "What? I wasn't expecting to be THIS far, how did I even get here? System?"

An awkward silence took over the room.

"Looks like it didn't work this time, tsk. I guess I can use this GPS to go back home, I should totally tell Nei about this experience!"

When she opens the door, she sees an ocean in front of her, "A mansion by the sea? Fancy! How did I even get here?"

"I guess I could use some money to take the bus"

When she gets home, she remembers something, "OH YES! I forgot to check the calendar!"

"...one week has passed... so the time I spend on the other world also passes here, this kind of sucks, I wonder what happened to the exam.."

Yuki takes out her phone, and dials Nei's number, "I guess I will call her"

Ring....

"That's weird, she's not picking up.. I am sure she always has her phone with her, well, I guess I will go to her house and tell her about the experience directly," Yuki said, faintly.

Yuki reaches her destination, and knocks on her door, "Hello?"

A middle-aged woman opened the door, "Oh hello little Yuki"

"Hi Mrs. Iwasaki, is Nei here?"

"Aren't you supposed to be at school?"

"Oh yeah, sorry for bothering you, I guess I will go now"

"Good luck little Yuki!"

"I should have expected that." whispered Yuki.

"I guess I will go to school now"

Yuki heads to school, and one of the teachers interrupts her, "Yuki..."

"Hello sir, haven't seen you in the way, sorry"

"You missed my exam!"

"Ah shoot, I totally forgot about it sir, is there a way to take it now?"

"Of course, I got an extra paper, meet me in your classroom"

"Yes sir!"

"I guess I can postpone the conversation to later.."


Yuki went to the classroom and saw Nei on the way, she waved at her, and got no response, "I guess she's tired, it's Friday after all"

The teacher enters the classroom with a paper on his hand, "Here you go, good luck"

One hour later, Yuki gave the paper to the teacher.

"This is a fully written paper, in an hour! That's impressive!" exclaimed the teacher.

"Well, the exam was quite easy"

"Would you like to wait here to know your score?"

"Sure I guess"


Few minutes later..


"Well, as expected! You aced the exam!"

"Hehe"

The bell rings, showing that it's the end of the day.

"Ah it's this late already?"

"Well, see ya next week! Take care"

"You too, sir"


When Yuki raised her head, she saw Nei leaving the school, she went near her and held her hand, "Hey wait, I wanna talk to you abou-"

"Don't touch me," said Nei aggressively.

"It's just me, chill!"

"Exactly, don't touch me"

"Oh my bad," Yuki let go of her hand.

"What the hell happened during the last week.." wondered Yuki.

"Nei, are you okay?"

"Leave me alone"

Nei left Yuki there standing.


"I guess I will try another day.."

3