E.P. 3 In Their Own Quirky Ways
55 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The camera opens up to the announcer booth. And it looks to Present Mic.

Present Mic:"The first-year students are already off to one rockin' start! And, it's only the first round! Talk about a cruel obstacle course!"

The camera zooms out a little to Show Aizawa, Io and Present Mic. There is a board above Io showing the race track.

Present Mic:"Our players are racing against each other in a vicious battle" *He swipes his hand and Aizawa ducks and Io gets hit in the face and face backwards onto the floor.* "Where anything goes so long as they stay on the track!"

Aizawa:"Watch it."

Io:"Ow." *He gets back up and has a bloody nose and he wipes it.*

The Board switches views to show live feed of the race.

Present Mic:"We'll continue to bring you live updates and pulse-pounding action" *The camera moves back to the students.* "Thanks to the camera robots placed around the course!"

Aizawa:*Speakers.* "Why do you need me here?"

Io:*Speakers.* "Cool a high def TV."

The camera moves down to Izuku who is looking up at a one, two and zero-point robots that are looking down on him

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "The stakes are high! We've got a whole school of top-notch students trying to be heroes, but do they really stand a chance" *The camera moves to the back of the group of students to show many zero-point robots.* "Against our heavy metal swarm of Robo Infernos?"

Shoto uses his quirk to freeze a zero-point fobot.

Shoto:"They obviously went through a lot of trouble, but I wish they'd prepared something a little more difficult. Especially since my dear-old dad is watching."

He runs through the legs of the zero-pointer.

Student 15P:"Dude, he stopped the robots!"

Student 15Q:"Look! Between their legs! We can get through!"

Shoto:"Careful, now." *The zero-pointer starts to fall over.* "I froze them while they were off their balance. On purpose."

The zero-point hits the ground throwing up a lot of dust around. 

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "What a showing! Shoto Todoroki from Class 1-A has taken an early lead!"

The camera shows a lot of students panicking.

Student 16C:"Hey! There's someone trapped under that robot! Do you think we should try and help 'em?"

Student 16B:"Are people seriously gonna die here?"

Io is heard sobbing over the speakers.

 Present Mic:*Speakers.*"We are you crying?"

Io:*Crying and over speakers.*"I just realized Todoroki destroyed those robots."

Aizawa:*Speakers.*"Yeah, so what?"

Io:*Cires louder and over speakers.** "Who do you think payed for most of this year's sport festival!" 

The students keep freaking. 

Then suddenly Kirishima pops out busts his way out from the robot, Using his Quirk. 

Kirishima:"I'm Alive!"

Present Mic:"Kirishima from Class 1-A! What a hardcore debut for this rookie!"

Kirishima:"Todoroki, I can't believe you pulled something like that. Jeez. Anyone but me woulda been killed!"

Present Mic:"Kirishima Eijrio.  Quirk: Hardening! This power makes his entire body hard as a rock! That means he can be the ultimate shield, or a devastating weapon!"

The something cracks the metal of the zero-pointer from inside and a voice is heard from inside.

Tetsutetsu:*Inside the zero pointer and busting his way out.* "Class 1-A really is full a' jerks!" *He breaks out using is Quirk.* "I'll smash that ice guy when I get my hands on him."

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Tetsutetsu from class 1-B was also stuck underneath! What are the odds?"

Tetsutetsu:"Ya know anyone other than me woulda been killed!"

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu!" *Io snickers then a bonk is heard.* "Quirk: Steel! This makes his entire body hard as steel! So he can be the ultimate shield, or a devastating weapon!"

Kirishima starts to run up the destroyed robot. 

Kirishima:*Crying.* "Our Quirks are basically the same! How am I supposed to stand out now?"

Tetsutetsu is running beside Kirishima now.

Tetsutetsu:"You damn copycat!"

Denki:"Man, how lucky are they? They don't have to worry about being crushed!"

Student:"We're racing each other, but we can team up for now. Let's carve a path." *He activates his Quirk which causes his arm to grow fur.*

Then an explosion happens behind them and they all gasp. Bakugo us seen flying up using his Quirk.

Denki:"Bakugo?"

Bakugo dodges a punch from the zero-pointer.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Call 1-A's Bakugo is rocketing over the obstacles! Cleaver!"

Io:*Speakers.* "Wow not trying to go through them with force."

Bakugo lands on top of the zero-pointer. The Sero is seen using his Quirk to get to the top too.

Sero:"I figured you'd just try to blast your way through these things with your Quirk. I'm impressed."

Tokoyami is riding his shadow to the top.

Tokoyami:"I'm hitch a ride on my shadow."

Sero laughs and uses his Quirk again.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Sero Hanta. His Quirk: Tape! He can shoot tape-like material from his elbows, stick it to objects or wrap things up. You should see the traps he wakes when he rips it off!"

Tokoyami:"Let's land."

Dark shadow:"Aye, aye!"

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Tokoyami Fumikage. His Quirk: Dark Shadow! He's got a shadow-like monster inside him that can materialize and morph into any creation he wants."

Bakugo jumps off the back of the zero-pointer. 

Sero and Tokoyami follow him.

The audience cheers. 

The camera moves back to the announcer booth. 

Aizawa:"Class 1-A's learned not to hesitate."

Then the camera moves back to the students and they use many ways to get past the robots.

Then it moves back to the booth.

Aizawa:"They've seen what the real world is like. They've felt the fear of facing villains. Yet they fight on, trying to overcome that fear. They've grown. All of them. And they know that they have to act quickly if they want to stay alive."

The camera pans to Io as he watches the robots get distorted. He is crying.

Momo uses a cannon to take out many Zero-pointers.

Io:"All that money....gone!" 

Aizawa:"Didn't you design this race track."

Io:"Yeah, I did."

The camera moves back to the students.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "For those of you who thought the first obstacle was easy. Let's see how ya feel about the second one."

All the students eyes widen.

Io:*Speakers.* "This is a good one to learn from students."

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "If they take a spill, they're out!"

The camera shows a deep gorge with stone pillars are ropes connecting them.  

Io:*speakers.* "If ya wanna pass, ya got to get crafty and be careful." *He is heard snickering.* "It's deep."

Present Mic/Io:*Speakers.* "It's 'The Fall'!"

Ochaco:"When did they even have time to build something like this?"

Tsuyu walks up and crouches down. 

Mina and Ochaco look over.

Mina:"What are you doing?"

Tsuyu then jumps and lands on the rope.

Tsuyu:"Ribbit!"

She starts to make her way across the rope.

Tauyu:"This is my moment. Easy Peasy."

Mina:"She's fast!"

Then they hear a voice behind them.

Hatsume:*Chuckles.* "Yes. Finally. This is my chance to show off what I can do." *The camera moves to show her waring some gadgets.* "My support items are gonna steal the spotlight from these wannabe heroes. Everyone! Observe what my brilliant gadgets can do! Wire arrows and hover soles!"

The camera moves back to Io and he is watching hatsume on the screen.

Io:'Hatsume.' *He rubs the cuffs he has on.*

Flashback

Io:"Thank you for coming."

The camera looks over to show Grandeeney and Mei Hatsume.

Grandeeney:*Gestures.*"Io this is my granddaughter --"

Mei runs forward and get into Io's face. This makes Io uncomfortable. 

Mei:"The names Mei Hatsume." *She grabs his left hand and shakes it.*

Io:"I'm-"

Mei:"The Revenant Hero: Io. The trainer of heroes."

Io:"...Yes."

Mei:"When my grandma called me that Io needed my help. My HELP! I had to come over."

Io:"I heard you were a prodigy in the support class."

Mei:"You're right about that."

Io:"Now to as why I called you here. I need you to make something."

Mei:*Gets excited.* "You need me to make a baby!"

Io:*Confused.* "What?"

Grandeeney hits the top of Mei's head.

Grandeeney:"That's what she calls her gadgets. Babies."

Io:*Scratching his head.* "But why?"

Grandeeney:"I don't know."

Mai:"Hey, I want to know what you want me to build!"

Io:"Oh, right."

Io clears his throat.

Io:"I need you to make a Quirk nullifier cuffs and collar. For me."

Mei gets a notepad out and starts writing things down.

Io:"Of course I will provide you with all you need to build it and you will be paid."

Mei:"Yes, I get to make some super cute babies for Io."

Io:"I also want you to build them in two days."

Mei:"I can get them done in a few hours."

Io:"Really."

Mei:"Yeah and If you say how good my babies are in the sports festival, I can get them done in 2."

Io:"Geat, I will do that."

Grandeeney groans and face palms.

Mei then runs to the door and it opens.

Mei:"See you in a couple of hours. Don't forget to keep your promise."

Mei leaves.

Flashback end

Io is brought back to reality by Present Mic's announcement. 

Present Mic:"And now, we're finally approaching the last obstacle." 

The camera moves over to Shoto.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Everyone had better tread carefully." *The camera zooms to to show warning signs that say minefield.* "You're stepping onto a minefield!"

Io:*Speakers.* "If you look closely you can see where the bombs are buried, so look down before you run, students."

Io gives a dark laugh.

Io:"If you're not careful." *He makes an explosion nose.* "The sky is where you'll go."

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "By the way, those land mines were designed for the games, so they might be loud and flashy, but, they're not all that powerful. Just enough to make you wet your pants!"

Aizawa:*Speakers.* "Get a hold of yourself."

Io:*Speakers.* "Ha, mine go bomb."

Aizawa:*Speakers.* "Oh, my god."

The camera moves down to Izuku who is carrying a piece of metal and students run past him. 

The the camera moves over to a student, who steps on a mine and it explodes with pink smoke. The student goes flying and screaming. 

Shoto is slowly making his way through the minefield. Then Bakugo uses his Quirk and launches himself at Shoto.

Bakugo:"Ha,ha, ha! It's over." *Bakugo is now next to Shoto.* "Bastard. Your declaration of war was to the wrong person! *He launches an explosion at shoto and Shoto dodges it.*

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Just like that, a new student takes the lead!" *The audience is cheering like crazy.* "The media here is going crazy! There's nothing they love more than an upset!"

Tenya is seen just running through the field just being a little fast then the explosions. 

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Hey, hey, hey!" *Then Tenya gets caught up in some explosions.* "The rest of the competitors are catching up, too!"

The camera shows students from the other classes catching up.

Present Mic;*Speakers.* "And what's this?" *The camera shows Shoto and Bakugo racing and fighting.*  Can out two leaders fight each other and stay in the front of the competition?"

More mines go off and students go flying in the background. Izuku gets to the minefield.

Io:*Speakers.* "I wonder who will win Shoto or Bakugo."

Izuku get determine and raises the piece of metal he's holding.

Izuku:"This is over yet."

He slams the metal in the ground.

The camera looks over the field of students then to Izuku who is holding the piece of metal like a shield.

Izuku:"Thanks for the idea.. Kacchan!" *He then jumps onto the minefield.*

A big Pink explosion goes off.

Io:*Speakers.* "What the?"

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "What's with that huge explosion in the back?! That was way more powerful than it should be!"*Izuku is then seen flying through the air towards the end of the minefield.*"Incredible!"

Io:*Speakers.* "Amazing!"

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "What just happened?" *The camera moves to show Izuku flying at Shoto and Bakugo, riding the piece of metal.* "Whatever the case, Class 1-A's Izuku Midoriya is suddenly in hot pursuit of first place!"

Few minutes earlier.

The camera shows Izuku digging up the mines using the piece of metal.

Jrio notices what Izuku is doing.

Jiro:"What is Midoriya doing?" *She then continues moving forward.*

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Todoroki and Bakugo are neck and neck for the lead and knocking on the finish line!"

Izuku:"There."

The camera moves out to show that Izuku put a bunch of mines in a pile. 

Izuku then puts the piece of metal up like a shield.

Izuku:"Thanks for the idea, Kacchan!" *He starts to run at the mines.* "Super-explosive turbo speed!" *He jumps on the mines launching him forward.*

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Whatever the case, Class 1-A's Izuku Midoriya is suddenly in hot pursuit of first place!" *Izuku flies past Shoto and Bakugo.* "Strike that! The lead is his!"

Io:*Speakers.* "What a clever move."

The audience cheers.

Shoto and Bakugo rush after Izuku.

Bakugo:"Deku." *He launches himself forward with his Quirk.* "What the hell do you think you're doing, huh?"

Shoto freezes the ground. 

The camera moves back up to the announcer booth.

Present Mic:"Look at that plot twist. Those two aren't fighting anymore."

The camera moves back down to the minefield and shows Shoto and Bakugo chasing after Izuku.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "They're chasing Midoriya! That's what having a common enemy will do in this competition! This fight is still far from over, Though!"

The camera moves to Izuku and he's losing speed and Bakugo and Shoto are about to pass him but he's right above them. Izuku then rapes a wire from the metal and steps on Bakugo's and Shoto's back and slams the piece of metal in the ground. 

A few mines are set off and Izuku is propelled forward. Izuku lands on the ground and start running.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "In a stunning move, Midoriya has blasted past his classmates from 1-A!" *Izuku keeps running as fast as he can.* "I don't believe it--he cleared that minefield in an instant!"

Shoto and Bakugo come out of the pink smoke and chase after Izuku.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Eraser Head, Io, your students are amazing! What the heck are you teaching them?"

Aizawa:Speakers.* "This has nothing to do with me. Each of them is powered by their own drive to succeed."

Io:*Speakers.* "I only gave them a little push."

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "There ya have it. Eraser head and Io are terrible teachers."

Izuku is in the hallway about to come in first.

Aizawa:*Speaker.* "I'm what?"

Io:*Speaker.* "That's not nice."

Shoto and Bakugo are right behind Izuku.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Who would have imagined at the beginning of this race that the climax would be non-stop mega-mix of surprises?"

Izuku is the first past the finish line.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "The first to make it back into the stadium is the first-place winner! Izuku Midoriya is our champion!"

The audience cheers.  

Io:*Speakers.* "Amazing."

Io is clapping and has a big smile on his face.

Io:*Speakers.* "Congratulation Izuku Midoriya! For Coming in first place!"

Later.

Present Mic:*Speakers.*"The contestants are pouring in one after the other! Let's hear some applause for all of our competitors as we prepare the results."

Io:*Speakers.* "That was a heart wrenching race."

Ochaco runs up to Izuku and they talk.

Momo finishes the race.

Momo:*Panting.* "How could this happen." 

The Mineta is heard laughing behind her. Then is shows that Mineta used his Quirk to stick to Momo's back.

Mineta:"Two birds with one stone. I'm a genius!"

Momo:"You are the worst."

Midnight is back on the stage.

Midnight:"The first game for the first-years is finally over, and what a game it was! Now, let's take a quick look at the standing, shall we?"

The board shows what place the students came in.

Midnight:"Only the top 42 will advance to the next round. But don't be too let down if you didn't make the cut! We've prepared other opportunities for you to shine."

She licks her lips.

Midnight:"Now the real fun is about to begin

Midnight:"Now the real fun is about to begin. The chance to fully move yourselves into the limelight! Give it your best!"

The the board pops up and it spins the generator. 

Midnight:"Let's see what we have in store for you next. Will your wildest fantasies come to life? What could it be? The waiting is torture. Prepare yourselves..." *She points to the board and it stops spinning.* "For this!" *It lands on Cavalry battle.*

Denki:"Cavalry battle? I'm terrible at those."

Tsuyu:"Huh? It's not an individual event."

Mineta:"Oh, yes."

Tsuyu:"I wonder how they'll split us up."

Midnight:"Allow me to explain. The participants will form teams of two-to-four people as they see fit. In theory, it's basically the same as a regular playground game. But there is one difference. Each player has been assigned a point value based on the results from the obstacle course."

Sato:"I get it, a point-based system like the entrance exams. That seems pretty simple."

Ochaco:"So that means each team will have a different point value based on which students are on it."

Mina:*Points to Ochaco.*"Uh-huh!"

Midnight gets a little mad.

Midnight:"Maybe you should shut up and let me explain things to you. Now then. The point assignments go up by increments of five, starting from the bottom. For example, 42nd place is worth five points, and 41st is worth ten. And the point value assigned to the first place contestant is... Ten Million!"

Izuku eyes widen.

Izuku:"Ten Million?"

Everyone looks to Izuku.

Midnight:"That's right. It's a survival of the fittest, with a chance for those at the bottom to overthrow the top!"

The camera pans to a view of the stadium then turns black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10-29-2021

2917 words.

1