E.P. 7 Izuku Vs Shinso
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The camera opens up to Izuku and Shinso about to fight.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Welcome to the first match of the finals tournament." *The camera looks at Izuku and he's cracking his fingers.* "It's Izuku Midoriya from the hero course, versus," *The camera pans over to Shinso.* "Hitoshi Shinso from general studies!"

The camera pans up to Class 1-A.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "The rules are simple: Immobilize your opponent or force them outta the ring! You can also win by getting the other to cry uncle."

Io:*Speakers.* "Cry uncle?"

The camera pans down to Izuku and he sighs.

Shinso:"So you can just give up, huh?"

Izuku gasps.

Shinso:"In a way, this is a test of how strong your spirit is. If you know what you want your future to hold, you can't worry about what other people think."

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Ready?"

Shinso:"That monkey was going on about his pride earlier."

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Begin!"

Shinso:"But I just think he's an idiot for throwing away his chance like that."

Izuku gasps and then gets angry at shinso and growls and starts to run at him.

Izuku:"Don't you talk about Ojiro that way, you hear me?"

Shinso Smirks and Izuku suddenly stops moving.

Shinso:"That's it. I win."

The camera moves up to Class 1-A and Ojiro stands up.

Ojiro:*Groans.* "I warned him not to say anything!"

Io:*Speakers.* "What the?"

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Huh?! Hey, hey...."

Ochaco:"Come on, Deku!"

Tenya:"Why in the world isn't he moving?"

The camera pns to Izuku. His eyes are white.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "It should start out with a bang! The fight has just begun and Izuku Midoriya is... Completely frozen? He's not moving a muscle! And what's with that look on his face?"

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Could this be a Quirk at work? Hitoshi Shinso seems to have Izuku Midoriya completely stunned! He didn't stand out in the first rounds at all, but it's possible Shinso's crazy powerful!"

The camera pans up to the announcer booth. Present Mic puts his hands on the sides of his face in shock.

Present Mic:"Who could've imagined this turn of events?"

Then Present Mic smiles and points to the crowd.

Present Mic:"That's the Festival for ya!" *He laughs.*

Aizawa:"This is a perfect example of why the entrance exam isn't rational."

Io:"Yeah."

Present Mic:"Huh? Why's that?"

Aizawa:"Since we're on to the individual matches, I had some information compiled about our final competitors."

The camera now shows Aizawa holding up two papers. One about Izuku and the other about Shinso. 

Aizawa:"Shinso failed the practical exam to get into the hero course. Since he also applied for general studies, he probably figured that would happen. His Quirk is incredibly strong, but that entrance test consisted of fighting faux villains. Robots. It gave a huge advantage to those who had physical superpowers they could show off. Despite his abilities, Shinso never stood a chance at passing."

Io:"Poor kid."

The camera pans down to the fighting stage.

The camera pans down to the fighting stage

Shinso:"So here we are. You're lucky to have been so blessed, Izuku Midoriya. Now turn around and walk out of bounds like a good little hero."

Izuku turns around and starts to walk to the boundary lines.

Present Mic:"*Speakers.* "Uh-- What? Ah! Midoriya's obeying him!"

Io:*Speakers.* "Interesting."

The camera pans to Class 1-A.

Ochaco:"Oh, no, Deku, what are you doing?"

Tenya:*Chopping the air.* "He can't walk out of the ring! He'll lose the match if he does!"

Then the camera moves down to Shinso.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Hitoshi Shinso! His Quirk: Brainwashing! When an opponent answers his question, it flips a switch in their minds, forcing them to do whatever he says. Not every question does it, though. He only brainwashes when he wants to."

The camera moves up to the announcer booth and Present Mic keeps talking.

Io:'Izuku come on. You can overcome it!'

The camera pans down to Izuku. All Might is in the entrance looking out to him as Izuku keeps walking to the out of bounds line.

All Might:*Gasps and Yelps.* "What are you doing, kid? Get back in there and show him what you're made of!"

Izuku's world is all fuzzy.

Izuku:'What's happening? My body's moving on its own. I feel like my brain is full of fog. I can't concentrate. No! Not like this. Gotta stop! Dammit! I fell for it, even after Ojiro warned me about his power. I'm an idiot. This is all my fault!'

Izuku:'I can't stop it. I'm going to lose. It's all over. Even though... so many people are counting on me... Everyone is watching...Everyone!'

Izuku is about to step out of bounds but in the entry way he sees some shadows.

The camera moves up to Io and his eyes glow yellow for a split second then goes back to normal and he smirks

The camera moves up to Io and his eyes glow yellow for a split second then goes back to normal and he smirks.

Then the camera pans back down to Izuku as he uses his Quirk on his middle and pointer finger on his left hand and smash. 

Izuku is snapped out of Shinso's brainwash

Izuku is snapped out of Shinso's brainwash. He gasps and pants. 

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "What's this? Midoriya stopped just in time!"

The crowd cheers. 

The camera moves over to class 1-A.

Tenya throws his arms up in excitement. 

Tenya:"That's the way to do it!"

Ochaco:"Whoa. I was about to freak out!"

The camera then pans over to the announcer booth. 

Aizawa:*Gasps.* "His fingers. He broke them in order to stop Shinso."

The camera pans over to Ojiro and he sits down.

Ojiro:*Relief.* "Whew, that just about killed me."

The camera then goes back down to the stage.

Shinso:"No. Impossible. You're not supposed to be able to fight back! What did you do?"

Izuku covers his mouth so he doesn't speak. 

Shinso:"How'd you do that?"

Izuku doesn't answer him. 

Shinso:"Come on, say something." *Izuku keeps his mouth shut.* "I didn't know you had so much power in your fingers. I'm kind of jealous of you."

Izuku runs at Shinso.

Shinso:"Thanks to the way my Quirk works, I've always been at a big disadvantage. But someone as blessed as you wouldn't understand that."

Izuku just keeps running at shinso.

Shinso:"You're lucky enough to have a heroic Quirk! It'll be so easy for you to reach your goal!"

Izuku just keeps running. He then grabs Shinso and starts to Push him to the boundary line. 

Shinso:"Say something, dammit!"

He punches Izuku and Izuku's nose bleeds. Izuku keeps pushing him. Shinso then punches izuku's broken fingers and this causes Izuku to let's go and grab his fingers and take a few steps away from Shinso.

Shinso:"You've gotta be kidding me! Get out of this ring, you luckey brat!" *Shinso tries to push Izuku out of the ring.*

Izuku then grabs Shinso's arm and shirt and throws him over his shoulder like he did with Bakugo during the fight training. Shinso lands out of the ring.

Midnight:"Shinso is out of bounds! Midoriya advances to the next match!"

The crowd cheers.

The camera pans up to Io and he's looking to Shinso.

Io:'People though my Quirk was scary, too.'

53 years ago.

The camera shows a young Io in a UA class room. He is sitting at a desk with some other student around him. 

Student 1:"Wow Sakenomi, you're Quirk is strong."

Io is rubbing his head in embarrassment. 

Student 2:"Yeah just don't go attacking us for our blood, though."

Io gets confused and he tilts his head.

Student 3:"You're Quirk makes it were you have to drink blood doesn't it?"

Io:"Well yeah, but--"

Student 1:"So you're like a vampire."

Student 2:"Yeah he is. A blood sucker."

Io gets a little sad at the name.

The someone walks up to them.

A young Greeney, or Porlyusica

A young Greeney, or Porlyusica.

Porlyusica:*She hits the three students on the head.* "Come on, don't give Sakenomi a hard time."

The three students pale when they see her and they run away.

Three students:"We're sorry."

Io turns to her.

Io:"You keep scaring away people."

Porlyusica:"You keep letting people be mean to you."

Io:*Voice over.* "People used to be scared of me, too, Shinso."

Flash back over

The camera goes back to Shinso as he tightens his fists and grits his teeth.

Io:*Voice over.* 'Just don't let it get to you.'

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "And with that expertly performed throw, we have our first victor of the finals! Class 1-A's Izuku Midoriya!"

Izuku pants and the crowd cheers.

The camera moves up to class 1-A.

Ochaco:*Sighs.* "Ugh, that was so nerve-wracking!"

Tenya:"Turning the tables at the last moment-- a classic Midoriya maneuver!"

Then the camera moves over to Denki, as he looks at Bakugo.

Denki:"He's pulled that shoulder throw on you before, huh?"

Bakugo:"Shut your damn face, Sparky."

The camera moves back down to Izuku.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Oh yeah! That was actually kind of a boring first match, kids." *Shinso and Izuku are now standing in the middle of the stage looking at each other.* "But both of you fought bravely. Let's show them some love everyone!"

The crowd applauses.

Io:*speakers.* "I thought it was interesting."

Izuku looks up to Shinso.

Izuku:"Why do you wanna be a hero? What's driving you?"

Shinso grunts and looks away.

Shinso:"You can't help the things your heart longs for." *He walks away and Izuku gasps.*

The camera pans up to the announcer booth and looks to Io.

Io:'You'll make a great hero one day, Shinso.' *He smiles.* 'I guarantee it'

He looks to his ring.

Io:'I made many promises and have broken many promises, but I promise you this Shinso, You will become a hero.'

Later.

Io, All Might and Izuku are in Recovery Girls clinic and Izuku is getting his fingers fixed. She's kissing his fingers then wrapes them up.

Recovery Girl:"Mmmmwah! That should do it."

Izuku:"That match with Shinso--I couldn't smile through it like you two would."

All Might:*Sighs.* "I heard some of the things he said to you. It must've been painful knowing how much you could relate to him."

Izuku:"Yeah. But I still couldn't go easy on him. I have to keep my eye on the prize. Aiming for the top. Just like you've said."

Recovery Girl:*Sighs.* "You poor little darling." *She looks to the two heroes.* "Have you two been putting too much pressure on him again?"

 She punches the two.

Io:*Points to All Might while holding his stomach in pain.* "It was All Might."

All Might:"Hey! It was necessary, and that hurt!"

Io and All Might groan.

Izuku:"Oh, yeah. All Might! I had... some kind of vision in the match." *All Might and Io look to him.* "There were... people. Maybe eight or nine of them? I'm not sure. When I was under Shinso's control it felt like my brains was full of fog or something. But when the vision appeared it completely drove the fog away. That's when I was finally able to move for a second. Just my fingertips. One of the figures had eyes just like yours, All Might. Do you think all the people who've used One For All in the past were there, pushing me on? like spirits?"

All Might sweats.

All Might:"Spooky. I'm a ghost?"

Io pokes him a few times.

Io:"But My hand doesn't go through you."

Izuku: *freaks out*"Huh?! I thought you'd have answers!"

All Might:"Actually, I saw something like that, too. In my younger days."

Izuku:"Huh?"

All Might:"It's a clear sign that you're getting closer to making One For All your own power."

Izuku:"What was it?"

All Might:"I think it's like a trace of the user's spirit that's left behind in One For All when it's passed on. Don't worry. Whatever you saw, it won't be interfering with you or your progress in the future, I'm sure. In other words, that vision wasn't what got rid of the brainwashing effects. Regardless of what you saw out there, it was your passion that allowed you to overcome Shinso's power, even if it was only long enough for you to wiggle your fingertips and expel some energy."

It's silent for a few seconds then Izuku rubs his head.

Izuku:"Man, that explanation is so not satisfying."

All Might then points his fingers at Izuku.

All Might:"Forget about it. More importantly, shouldn't you be worrying about who you're fighting next?"

Izuku then realizes.

Izuku:"Huh?"

He stands up.

Izuku:"You're right. Thank you all very much!"

He goes over to the door and opens it.

Recovery Girl:"You're welcome."

Izuku:"Goodbye."

He leaves.

Recovery Girl looks to All Might.

Recovery Girl:"So, he saw you there, too."

All Might:"That's a good thing."

Io:"He's leaning how to handle it."

Later.

Endeavor is walking down the hall when a voice is heard behind him.

Io:"You should treat your son better."

The camera moves to Show Io standing behind Endeavor, glaring at him. Endeavor turns around and looks to Io.

Endeavor:"What do you know about raising a child."

Io:"I know a lot about it. These students are all my children."

Endeavor:"Shoto will ruin you one day."

Io growls and takes a step forward.

Io:"Your a scum bag for treating him like that, Especially with what you did to Rei!"

Endeavor frowns.

Endeavor:"With what I do with my family is none of your business."

He turns around and walks away.

Endeavor:"Especially, with what happened to your child."

Io's eyes widen with horor and Endeavor turns to him and then laughs and walks away.

Io then shakily brings a hand up to his chest and clenches it, and he starts to slightly hyperventilate. He then leans against a wall and grabs his head. 

Io:'Don't let him get to you, he's just trying to provoke you.'

Io takes a few deep breaths and calms down. 

Io:"I need to get to the booth."

He rubs his head and walks away.

Later.

Izuku gets to his class area.

Ochaco:"Oh, there you are Deku! You did good."

Tenya points to a empty seat next to him.

Tenya:"Come on down here--- We saved a seat for you!"

Izuku:"Ha! Thanks, guys!"

He then notices Ojiro looking to him with a raised arm and Izuku nods to him.

Then the camera moves to the fighting stage.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Enough standing around. Now welcome to the ring, our next players."

The TV bored shows Shoto and Sero. Then the camera moves down to Sero.

Present Mic:*speakers.* "He's got skills! But at the expense of some creepy-looking elbows. From the hero course, it's Hanta Sero!"

Sero:"That's uncalled for."

Present Mic:*Speakers and the camera moves to Shoto.* "Versus, an early forerunner in the competition who's way too strong for his own good. Someone who rightfully got into the hero course based on recommendations! It's Shoto Todoroki!" 

The crowd cheers.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "And now, for the second match of the finals. Ready?"

Sero:"Well, I don't really feel like I can win this fight."

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "Begin!"

Sero uses his Quirk and wraps tape around Shoto.

Sero:"But, man-- I don't feel like losing, either!" 

Sero then throws Shoto towards the out of bounds line.

Present Mic:*Speakers.* "That attack could throw his opponent out of bounds! A brilliant, surprise opening from the underdog! Way to start off strong, Sero!"

Shoto:"Apologies."

Shoto then uses his ice to make a giant ice attack that covers half the stadium.

Shoto then uses his ice to make a giant ice attack that covers half the stadium

Everyone gasps.

Sero is completely covered in Ice.

Sero:"Um.. Don't you think you went overboard?"

Then the camera moves to Midnight, who is half covered in ice and is shivering. 

Midnight:"Tell the truth, Sero. Can you move at all?"

The camera moves to Sero.

Sero:"Are you kidding? Obviously not. My body is freezing!"

Midnight:"Ser has been immobilized! Todoroki advances to the second round!"

Everyone is speechless As shoto walks up to Sero. The crowd shouts encouraging words to Sero.

Shoto:"Sorry. It was a bit much." *He puts a hand on Sero and starts to melt the ice.* "I was angry, is all."

The camera pans to a view of the stadium then turns black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-03-2021

2726 words.

0