E.P. 11 Hero Names!
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The camera opens up to Io walking to school with an umbrella since it's raining. He still has the collar and cuffs on. He's also in his hero costume.

He get through the gate when someone runs by him.

Tenya:"Excuse me and Good morning Mr. Io."

Io waves to him as he runs.

Io:"Good morning, Mr. Iida."

Then someone walks up behind him and Io turns to see Izuku.

Io:"Good morning, Mr. Midoriya."

Izuku:"Good morning, Io."

The two walk to the school.

Io:"I just want to say again, good job yesterday."

Izuku:"Ah, thank you Io."

Io then checks the times and he yelps.

Io:"I'm gonna be late!"

Io runs and he runs pretty fast even without his Quirk.

Io:*Yells to Izuku as he's running.* "You better hurry, too, If you don't want to be late."

The camera closes and opens up to class 1-A talking about the festival and what happened after it.

Mina:"It's so weird that people recognize us from TV. Everyone wanted to talk to me on my way here."

Kirishima:"Yeah, me, too!"

Hagakure:"People on the street were staring at me! It was kind of embarrassing."

Ojiro:"Sure, but isn't that pretty normal for you?"

Sero:*Sweat drops.* "You won't believe what a bunch of elementary school brats yelled at me."

Tsuyu:"'Nice try?'" 

Sero groans as Kirishima and Mina chuckle. 

Denki:"All It took was one sports festival." *Izuku walks to his seat and sits down.* "And suddenly we're like celebrities."

Mineta:"This school really is amazing."

The the door to the class opens and Aizawa walks in. He isn't covered in bandages anymore. 

Aizawa:"Morning." *Io pops his head from around the corner of the door.*

Io:"I'm here too."

Students:"Good morning, Mr Aizawa! Mr. Io."

Io and Aizawa walk to the front of the class. Io is now in a suit, kind of like All Mights, but it's red and black.

Tsuyu:"Ribbit? Mr. Aizawa, you don't have bandages anymore. That's good news."

Aizawa scratches under his left eye.

Aizawa:"The old lady went a little overboard in her treatment

Aizawa:"The old lady went a little overboard in her treatment."

Io:"He don't look like a mummy anymore, And he's also got a cool new scar!"

Io then points to a small scar on his left cheek, from the fight with the knight at USJ.

Io:"Kinda like mine!"

Aizawa chops the top of Io's head.

Aizawa chops the top of Io's head

Aizawa:"Anyway. We have a big class today on Hero Informatics."

Io:'Big word.'

The students get worried.

Students:'Oh, no!'

Denki:'Informatics? Please don't tell me it's a pop quiz.'

kirishima:'Crap, I bet it's about hero laws. I'm so bad at stuff like that.'

It's silent for a few seconds then Aizawa speaks up.

Aizawa:"You need codenames."

Io:*Throws his arms up in excitement.* "It's time to pick your hero identities."

The students also get excited

The students also get excited.

Students:"This is gonna be totally awesome!"

Then Aizawa's eyes flash red and his hair raises up and he also growls

Then Aizawa's eyes flash red and his hair raises up and he also growls. The students calms back down.

Students:"Shhhhhh."

But Io's off in his own world still excited.

Io:"Hero names, Heor names, hero na--"

Io lands on the other side of the class room with swirls in his eyes

Io lands on the other side of the class room with swirls in his eyes. The students pale and Aizawa clears his throat. 

Aizawa:"Now then, This is related to the pro herp draft picks that I mentioned the last time we were in class together. Normally, students don't have to worry about the draft yet."

Io slowly makes his way back to the front trying not to trip over because he's dizzy.

Aizawa:"Not until their second or third year actually, but your class is different."

Io arrives at the front and stands next to Aizawa, but he's still dizzy and has swirls in his eyes.

Aizawa:"In fact, by extending offers to first-year like you, pros are essentially investing in your potential." *The camera shows mineta shaking.* "Any offers can be rescinded if their interest in you dies down before graduation, though."

Mineta punches the top of his desk.

Mineta:*Shaking.* "Stupid, selfish adults."

Hagakure:"So, what you're saying is, we'll still have to prove ourselves after we've gotten recruited."

Aizawa:"Correct. Now. Here are the totals for those of you who got offers." *He presses a button on a remote and a list of names with numbers next to them come up."

Shoto got 4123
Bakugo got 3356
Tokoyami got 360
Tenya got 301
Denki got 272
Momo got 108
Kirishima got 68
Ochaco got 20
Sero got 14

Shoto got 4123Bakugo got 3356Tokoyami got 360Tenya got 301Denki got 272Momo got 108Kirishima got 68Ochaco got 20Sero got 14

Aizawa:"In past years, it's been more spread out. But there's a pretty big gap this time."

Io, who is not dizzy and has regained his senses, looks up to the board.

Io:"Wow, that is a big gap."

Denki:*Throws his head back.* "Gah! That's no fair."

Aoyama:"What about the real star? Moi?"

Jiro*Raises an eyebrow.* "Todoroki got the most, ahead of Bakugo?"

Kirishima:"Yeah, it's the opposite of how they placed in the festival."

Sero:"They probably weren't excited about working with the guy who had to be chained up at the end."

Bakugo:"If I scared a pro, they're just weak!"

Io sweat drops at his statement. Momo sighs then she looks to Shoto.

Momo:"That's amazing. You must be proud."

Shoto:"These offers are probably because of my father."

Ochaco is shaking Tenya from behind.

Ochaco is shaking Tenya from behind

Ochaco:*Gasps.* "People want us!" *She giggles.*

The camera moves over to Izuku as Mineta is slightly shaking Izuku.

Mineta:"Midoriya. You got none! I bet everyone was really grossed out by the crazy way you were fighting."

Then the camera moves back to Aizawa and Io.

Io:"Despite these results, you'll all be interning with pros."

Aizawa:"Got it? Even those of you who didn't get any offers."

Izuku:"Oh, so, we're all interning?"

Aizawa:"Yes. You already got to experience combat with real villains during the attack on the USJ facility. But it'll still be helpful to see pros at work. Up close and personal, in the field. Firsthand."

Sato:"And for that, we need hero names!"

Ocacho:"Things are suddenly getting a lot more fun!"

Aizawa:"These hero names will likely be temporary, but take them seriously or..."

The door to the class opens.

Midnight:"...You'll have hell to pay later!"

All the students gasp and a few blush. Midnight walks in and heads to the front.

Midnight:"What you pick today could be your codename for life." *Midnight is walking with a sexy strut.* "You better be careful, or you'll be stuck with something utterly indecent."

Students:"It's midnight!"

Students:"It's midnight!"

Io:"Midnights here." *He goes up to her.*

Midnight puts Io's head on top of her breasts and pats his head. Io smiles.

Midnight:"Hello Sir, Io."

The students blush.

Students:"Is this even allowed at school!"

Aizawa:*Sighs.* "Yeah. She's got a good point."

Midnight stops patting Io's head and goes to stand next to Aizawa and Io stands on the other side of Aizawa.

Aizawa:"Midnight is going to have final approval over you names." *He grabs his sleeping bag.* "It's not my forte."

Io thinks back on his hero name.

Flashback

The camera shows  a younger Io struggling to think of a hero name.

Io:"I don't know what to pick!"

Then his sister Cruz walks up.

Cruz:"Are you seriously still have trouble?"

Io:"I can't think of one." *He rubs his head.

Them Silva and Porlyusica walk up. Silva puts his arms on Io's shoulder. 

Silva:"Still having trouble."

Io:"Yeah.... Wait did you guys already pick your names?"

They all nod.'

Porlyusica:"I'm Grandeeney."

Silva:"Skull King!"

Cruz:"Revenant Queen."

Io slams his head on his desk and groans.

Io:*Whines.*"Why is this so hard!'

Cruz then picks up his white board and writes a name. Then she turns it around and Shows Io.

Cruz:"What about, Io?"

Io:"Io?"

Cruz:"It's short so, you know......."

Io:"Know what?"

Porlyusica:*Angry.*"So you won't forget it, Because you're an airhead!" *She hits the top of Io's head and Silva laughs.*

Io*Rubs his head.* "Ow. Fine I guess I'll use it."

Flashback over.

Aizawa:"The name you give yourself is important. It helps reinforce your image and shows what kind of hero you wanna be in the future."

Io:"A codename tells people exactly what you represent."

Aizawa:"Take 'All Might' for example."

Io then hands white boards to the front of each row and they pass them back. 

Io:*Excited.* "I can't wait to see these names!"

Few minutes later.

Aizawa is sleeping. Midnight is addressing the class and Io is sitting in a nearby chair.

Midnight:"Now, students, who among you is ready to share?"

Some of the students get scared or worried about sharing. Aoyama walks up to the front of the class.

Aoyama:"Hold your breath. The Shining Hero."

Aoyama:"My name is 'I can not stop twinkling!' Mon amis

Aoyama:"My name is 'I can not stop twinkling!' Mon amis. You can't deny my sparkle."

The students sweat drop and so does Io.

Students/Io:'Come on!'

Midnight walks over and adjusts a few things.

Midnight:"It'll be better this way. Take out the 'I' and shorten the 'cannot' to 'Can't'." *She shows him the adjustments she made.*

Aoyama:"It's stunning, mademoiselle."

Students:"She likes it?"

Sato:"Also, you're not really French, are you? That's just an act."

Mina:"Okie dokie, lemme go next!"

Mina walks to the front.

Mina:"My code name: Alien Queen!"

Mina:"My code name: Alien Queen!"

Midnight:"Hold on."

Midnight:*Scared

Midnight:*Scared.*"Like that horrible monster with the acidic blood? I don't think so."

Mina walks back to her seat.

Mina:'Dang it.'

Io:"I kinda liked that one."

Students:'That one wasn't okay?'

The students get worried now. Tsuyu raises her hand.

Tsuyu:"Ribbit. I think I've got one. Okay if I go next?"

Midnight points to her.

Midnight:"Come on up!"

Tsuyu:"I've had this name in mind since grade school."

Tsuyu:"Rainy Season Hero: Froppy!"

Tsuyu:"Rainy Season Hero: Froppy!"

Midnight comes up next to her.

Midnight:"That's delightful! It makes you sound approachable."

The students are not so worried anymore.

Midnight:"What a great example of a name everyone will love!"

The students raises up their hands and start chanting. 

Students:"Froppy! Froppy! Froppy! Froppy! Thatks, Froppy! Finally, a normal one!"

Kirishima then goes up and presents his.

Kirishima then goes up and presents his

Kirishima:"I've got mine, too. The Sturdy Hero. My name is Red Riot!"

Midnight:"'Red Riot'? Interesting. You're paying homage to the Chivalrous Hero, Crimson Riot, yes?"

Kirishima:*Rubs the back of his head.* "That's right. He may be kind of old school, but someday, I wanna be just like he was. Crimson is my idol."

Io:"I met the guy once. He was an interesting person."

Midnight:"Hm. If you're bearing the name of someone you admire, you have that much more to live up to."

Kirishima:*Brings his fist up.* "I accept the challenge."

Io claps then he looks over to Izuku who seems to be lost in thought. 

Denki:"Man, I still haven't been able to think of anything that's cool enough."

Jiro:"Hey, I've got one. How does 'Jamming-yay' sound to you?"

Denki:"Ha! Oh, it's like 'Hemingway,' who wrote A Farewell to Arms, right? Real clever." *He gives a thumbs up to Jiro.* "I like it."

Jiro:"No." *Trying not to laugh.* "It's because even though you're powerful, you always... jam your brain." *Io is heard snickering in the background.*

Denki:*Annoyed.* "Oh, come on, Jiro. Quite messing with me!"

Jiro snickers and goes up to the front of the class to present.

Jiro snickers and goes up to the front of the class to present

Jiro:"The Hearing Hero. I'm Earphone Jack."

Midnight:"Now that's a good one!"

Shoji goes up.

Shoji:"The Tentacle Hero: Tentacole."

Midnight:"Oh, I like what you're doing with that. A nice portmanteau."

Sero goes up.

Sero:"The Taping Hero: Cellophane!"

Midnight:"That's on the nose. Good Work!"

Ojiro goes up.

Ojiro:"Martial Arts Hero: Tailman

Ojiro:"Martial Arts Hero: Tailman."

Midnight:"No surprise with that one, I guess!"

Sato goes up.

Sato:"I'm the Sweets Hero: Sugarman!"

Midnight:"Perfect!"

Then Io goes up?

Io:"Revenant Hero: Io!"

Midnight:"Why are you up there?!"

Mina then goes up.

Mina:"Pinky!"

Midnight:"Make those looks work for you, girl!"

Denki goes up.

Denki:"Stun Gun Hero: I am Chargebolt."

Denki:"Electric, doncha think?"

Denki:"Electric, doncha think?"

Midnight:"Makes me all tingly!"

Hagakure goes up.

Hagakure:"The Stealth Hero: Invisible Girl!"

Midnight:"That really suits you!"

Then Midnight goes back to the front.

Midnight:"Now come on, who's gonna step up next?"

Momo goes up.

Momo:"I hope that I can live up to this name. The Everything Hero: I'm Creati!"

Midnight:"Creative!"

Io:"Ha, Pun!"

Shoto goes up.

Shoto goes up

Shoto:"Shoto."

Midnight walks up to him.

Midnight:"Just your name? Is that it?"

Shoto:"Uh-huh."

Tokoyami goes up.

Tokoyami:"Jet-Black Hero: Tsukuyomi."

Midnight:"Ah, God of the night!"

Then Mineta goes up, but since he's short the only thing you see is the very top of his head and his board.

Mineta:"Fresh-Picked Hero: Grape Juice!"

Midnight:"Very kitschy!"

Koda goes up and since he never really speaks, his sign says 'Petting Hero: Anima'.

Midnight:"Yep. All about it!

Bakugo then goes up.

Bakugo:"King Explosion Murder

Bakugo:"King Explosion Murder."

Midnight:"I'm gonna say that one's a little to violent."

Io:"Kina scary."

Bakugo:"Huh, whaddaya mean?!"

Kirishima:"Why don't you be Explosion Boy?"

Bakugo:"You shut up, weird hair!"

Bakugo and Kirishima keep yelling at each other. Ochaco gets up and goes to the front. 

Ochaco:"This is the name I thought of: Uravity!"

Ochaco:"This is the name I thought of: Uravity!"

Midnight:"I just love that!"

The students clap and Ochaco sighs in relief. Midnight looks up to the clock.

Midnight:"To be honest, choosing names is going faster than I thought it would. All we have left is young Bakugo, who need to rethink his, and Iida. Oh, yes, and Midoriya, too."

Io looks to Tenya and thinks about the call he got last night about how Ingenium was put into the hospital. 

Tenya stands up and presents his name and His board just says his name.

Midnight:"You're using your real name, too?" *She looks to Izuku.* "Well, Midoriya, are you ready?"

Izuku:"Oh. Yes!"

Izuku stands up and goes to the front. Then he shows the class his board and they gasps.

Mineta:"Really, Midoriya?" 

Denki:"You sure about that?"

Kirishima:"Yeah, man, remember, that could be your name forever."

Izuku:"Right. I used to hate it. But, then, something changed. I guess... Someone taught me that it could have a different meaning. And that had a huge impact on how I felt. So, now I really like it."

Izuku:"Deku

Izuku:"Deku. That has to be my codename!"

Io smiles. Then Bakugo goes back up.

Bakugo:"Lord Explosion Murder!"

Midnight:"That's basically the same thing."

The bell rings and Aizawa wakes up and Midnight stretches and Io yawns.

Aizawa:"Now that everyone's decided on their hero names, we can go back to talking about your upcoming internships. They'll last for one week. As for who you'll be working with: Those of you who were on the board will choose from among your offers, everyone else will have a different list." *He picks a piece of paper and shows it to the class.* "You have a lot to think about. There are around 40 agencies across the country who've agreed to take on interns from your class. Each agency has a different specialty that its heroes focus on. Keep that in mind."

Midnight:"Imagine that you were Thirteen. You'd want to choose a place that focuses on rescuing people, not fighting villains. Understand?"

Io:"Think carefully before you decide." 

Students:"Yes, Sir."

The bell rings and the students look at their internship offers.

Kirishima:"I want to fight crime and bad guys in a big city."

Tsuyu:"I just hope I can intern someplace where there's a lot of flooding. Or maybe a lake."

Aizawa:"Turn in your choices before the weekend."

Aizawa grabs his sleeping bag and walks out of the class Midnight and Io waves bye also.

Sero:"We've only got two days?"

Aizawa:"Yeah, so you should start now. You're dismissed."

Io:*Waves.* "Have fun!"

The camera stays in to room as the door closes then it moves over to Shoto as he gasps. He sees that he got an offer from his father.

Later.

Mina:"So, guys, have you decided what pro agency you wanna go for?"

Mineta:"Mt. Lady's my top choice!"

Tsuyu walks past mineta.

Tsuyu:"Mineta. Are you thinking something perverted?"

Mineta:"Possibly..."

Ojiro walks over.

Ojiro:*To Mina.*"You made it pretty far in the tournament. It's wierd you didn't get any offers."

Mina:"I know."

Ochaco looks over to Izuku.

Ochaco:"Hey, Deku, who's on your list?"

Izuku is muttering.

Izuku:*Muttering.* "There are only 40 heroes who'll take us, so after looking up their specialties and splitting them into groups, I can start narrowing...."

Ochaco, Mineta, Ojiro, Mina:"There he goes again."

Izuku:"Huh? Oh, Sorry, what'd you guys say?"

Tsuyu walks up to him.

Tsuyu:"You're really thinking hard about this, aren't you?" *Ochaco walks up to them.* 

Ochaco:"It'll all work out. I've stettled on my pick."

Mina:"Already?"

Ojiro:"What agency?"

Ochaco:"The one that the Battle Hero, Gunhead, runs."

Izuku:"Huh? Hunhead's a big brawler, though. Are you sure that's where you wanna intern, Uraraka?"

Ochaco:"Yup! He sent me an offer." *She punches the air.*

Izuku:"Oh, really? But, I thought you were trying to be a hero kinda like Thirteen, more into rescuing than fighting."

Ochaco:"Ultimately, that's the plan. But I've been thinking ever since the festival-- Well, at least since I faced off against Bakugo." *She punches the air again.* "The stronger I am, the more possibilities I'll have. Plus, learning from a battle hero will give me a different perspective. Right?"

Izuku:"Yeah, totally."

Ochaco:"More importantly, there's something I've been meaning to ask you all day. Why are you trembling?"

They now notice Izuku is trembling?"

Izuku:"Oh. This? It's exercise."

Ochaco:"Exercise? Were you doing that during the whole class?"

Mina:"There's no way!"

Mineta:"That's such an old-fashioned way to train."

Ojiro:"A smart one, though. The isometric muscle contraction that's needed to hold your body above your seat makes it an easy way to work out without moving."

Tokoyami:"Tis skill not strength that governs a ship."

Mineta:"It's kinda weird no one got a internship offer from Io."

Izuku:"Well Io's really only offers to students in their final year of school. And he also offers three kinds of internships."

Mina:"Really?"

Izuku:"Yeah, He offers a rescue, a fighting and a hybrid of the two."

Ochaco:"That's cool."

Izuku:"Yeah, but I also heard it's hard to internship with him since he dons't go easy with training."

Later.

The camera shows Io standing at the blood bead tree and He grabs a blood bead from the tree and drinks to it. He finishes it and look off to the distance.

Io:"Fujiyoshida, here I come."

The camera zooms out to a view of the area then turns black.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-05-2021

3361 words.

0