E.P. 15 Temporary Solution
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The camera opens up to Io sitting on a train heading back to Fujiyoshida. But this time he's not wearing his hero costume but a red shirt, a pair of jeans and his cloak. Dammerung is on the seat next to him. He doesn't have the bandage wrapped around his head anymore. 

Io is staring out the window thinking about his fights with the knights and how he went crazy.

Io:'Revenant's bloodlust.' *He tightens his fists and grits his teeth.* 'I hate using that technique.' 

Io grabs his phone from his pocket and checks the news on the attack on Hosu.

Io:'I still don't like how they let Endeavor have the glory of capturing Stain.'

Then the train stops and Io looks out the window and notices their at Fujiyoshida.

Io:"Here already?" *He stands up and grabs his things and gets of the train with a limp. It's not as bad as before.*

Later.

Io is walking inside Cruz hospital and Guild Girl runs up to him.

Guild Girl:"Sir, I heard what happened at Hosu and Congratulations on stopping those Knights."

Io:"Thank you," *He hands her a bag.* "Can you get someone to clean and fix my costume, please."

Guild Girl grabs the bag and nods.

Guild Girl:"Yes, Sir, Right away." *She walks away.*

Then a hears someone walk up to him from the side and he looks over to see Grandeeney.

Grandeeney:"It's ready." *Io's eyes slightly widen and he nods.*

Io:"Lead the way."

Later.

Io is seen sitting on a medical bed with his right arm sleeve rolled up, then Grandeeney walks up to him with a syringe with a swirling pink and red liquid inside it. 

Grandeeney:"This may hurt a little bit."

Io:"Okay, I'm-" *She injects him with the Syringe and shoots the liquid inside him.* "Ow, you said it'll only hurt a little bit."

Grandeeney puts the used syringe away.

Grandeeney:"I said that so you wouldn't be a big baby about it."

Io crosses his arms and pouts.

Io:"I'm not a big baby."

Grandeeney:"Besides, It's only a Temporary Solution till I find a better one."

Io:"You know there is only one way to prevent this from-" *Grandeeney hits him on the head.*

Grandeeney:"I will find a permanent solution, Io." *She glares at him.*

Io:*Rubs his head.* "Fine."

Grandeeney turns away from him and puts some medical tools away.

Grandeeney:"I promise I will find a solution."

Io doesn't respond, he just looks at his hands.

Couple days later.

Io is sitting in his office grading some papers.

Io:"I feel like I'm forgetting something."

After a few hours Io finishes grading papers and All Might enters his room.

Io:"Yes, All Might?"

All Might:"it's time. We must tell him the origins of One For All."

Io gains a serious face and nods.

Later.

Izuku is outside a door and he knocks on it.

Izuku:"Excuse me!" *He enters the room.*

Izuku sees both Io and All Might sitting on a couch. They both a serious faces on and Io also seems distracted and lost in thought. 

All Might:"Have a seat

All Might:"Have a seat."

Izuku:'They seem... Different.'

All  Might:"You went through a lot, huh?" *Izuku sits down on a stool across from them.* "I'm sorry I couldn't be nearby."

Izuku:"That's...not something you need to apologize for, All Might... More importantly...Um, what did you mean when you said you wanted to talk about One For All?"

All Might:"I heard.." *He licks his finger.* "That the hero killer got a lick of your blood."

Izuku:"Oh, yes...His Quirk was one that could keep someone from moving after ingesting their blood...What about it?"

All Might:"Do you remember what I said when I gave you my power?"

Izuku does an All Might face.

Izuku does an All Might face

Izuku:"'Eat this.'"

All Might:"No, not that part. I said that it didn't matter what it was as long as you took in my DNA."

Izuku panics and stands up.

Izuku:"Th-Then d-don't tell me, the h-hero killer has One For All now...?!"

All Might:"No, that's not it. I thought you might've been worried about that, but..." *Sighs.* "I see... You forgot about it, huh? One For All cannot be transferred to anyone unless the bearer wishes it. It cannot be stolen by forces. It can be transferred by force, though. Kinda of like this."

He imagines a girl forcing her box of chocolate onto him. 

All Might:"It's a special Quirk

All Might:"It's a special Quirk. Yes, and this is how it came about.... One For All was derived from a certain Quirk that existed in the past."

Izuku:"A Quirk that existed in the past?"

All Might nods. Io bites his thumb and looks outside.

All Might:"The name of that Quirk is 'All For One.' A Quirk that could steal Quirks from others and make them the holder's, and one that could give those Quirks to others."

Io bites his thumb a little to hard and it starts to bleed but he doesn't seem to notice.

Izuku:"'All'... Everything for one person."

All Might:"This was when superpowers were first showing up, before society had figured out how to deal with the changes. With the appearance of Quirks, suddenly, what made someone a normal human crumbled away. With just that, laws lost their meaning, and the progress of civilization stopped. It was literal decay."

Izuku:"'If superpowers had never appeared, then humans would be taking interstellar holidays by now' Someone important said that in the past."

All Might:"That's right.During that chaotic period, there was someone who was the first to unify all the people. I'm sure you've also heard of him. He stole Quirks from people and with his overwhelming power, he spread his influence. He moved people in a calculating way, committing evil acts to his heart's content."

All Might:"In the blink of an eye, he became the leader of the evildoers and ruled over Japan."

Izuku:"I often see rumors about this online, but isn't this a fabrication? It's now in the textbooks or anything...."

All Might:"They can't put secret dealings in textbooks, can they? If people get powers, they look for places to use them."

Izuku:*Gasps.* "How does this relate to One For All?"

All Might:"I said that All For One could give Quirks to others, right? He made others trust him or surrender to him by giving them Quirks. But apparently, there were many given Quirks who could not bear the burden and became like living dolls who couldn't speak. Just like the Nomus and Knights."

Izuku gasps.

All Might:"Meanwhile, there were also Quirks that changed or mixed once they were passed on.He had a Quirkless younger brother. His brother was small and sickly, but he had strong sense of justice. It pained him to see his older brother's deeds, so he kept resisting him. He forced a Quirk that could stock power onto his younger brother. At this point, it is impossible to know if that was out of kindness or to force him into submission."

Izuku:"Don't tell me..."

All Might:"Yeah. He was thought to be Quirkless, but there was something inside him. Something that neither he himself nor those around him noticed. He had a useless Quirk that could pass on Quirks!"

All Might:"The Quirk to stock power mixed with the Quirk to pass on Quirks

All Might:"The Quirk to stock power mixed with the Quirk to pass on Quirks.That was the origin of One For All."

Izuku gasps.

All Might:"It's ironic that justice always comes from evil."

Izuku:"Hey, wai-- I understand how that came about, but why are you bringing up an evildoer from so long ago now?"

ALl Might:"He can steal Quirks, you know. Anything goes. A Quirk to stop aging...He probably stole something like that. The Symbol of Evil was pretty much immortal...With the huge difference in their combat abilities and the state of society at the time, the defeated younger brother decided to entrust his Quirk to future generations."

All Might:"He believed that even if he couldn't win then, if he slowly cultivated the power, then one day, it would become strong enough to stop his older brother. And then, when it was my turn, we were finally able to defeat him!"

Io finally speaks up.

Io:"We thought we got him, but he survived and he is moving again and he's the one controlling the League of Villains."

All Might and Io stand up and walk to the window and look outside it.

All Might:"One For All is power inherited to defeat All For One, so to speak. You may one day have to fight against this great evil... This is harsh on you, but--"

Izuku:"I'll do my best!"

All Might and Io turn around, Io's eyes widen.

Izuku:"I'll do whatever you two ask of me," *He stands up.*  "no matter what it is! As long as you're both with me, I can do anything! That's what it feels like!"

Io looks at Izuku and sees a younger version of himself and a tear falls from his eye.

All Might:"You must..." *All Might tries his best to speak.* "Thank you..."

Io:*Sniffs.* "Yes, Thank you Mid- Izuku."

The camera zooms out to a view of UA then turns black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-10-2021

1580 words

0