E.P 16 Preparing for Exams
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The camera opens up to a Man sitting behind a podium.

Man:"Welcome back to our Live Show. For our next topic-- is it really necessary for heroes to dress sexily? Let's ask our very special studio guests what they think."

The camera moves over Mt. Lady.

Man:"She's the rookie hero who debuted just this year. It's Mt. Lady."

The camera moves over to Midnight.

Man:"And she's a pro who's currently teaching at U.A. High School; the incomparable Midnight!"

The camera moves to show the camera crew and Io's their with a script and he's reading it.

Man:"Thank you so much for joining us! Please have a seat." *The camera moves back to the man.* "Let's start with you, Midnight. When you first debuted, your revealing outfit caused quite a stir. In fact, it eventually led to the "Regulations for Exposed Skin in Costumes' bill being taken before the legislature. You're a hero whose sexiness changed the very laws of the country."

The camera pans to shows Midnight and Mt. Lady sitting next to each other.

Mt. Lady:"Her costume's still pretty racy."

Midnight:"Now I rely on ultra-thin fabrics. Because of the nature of some people's Quirks, clothing can restrict their abilities. Sexiness isn't just an aesthetic, it's sometimes needed so we can do our jobs well. Besides, what's more attractive than a hero who can get the job done quickly?"

Mt. Lady:"I think you just like the attention."

Midnight gets annoyed and a tic mark appears on her head.

Midnight:"What's with you, Lady? Are you trying to start a fight?"

Mt. Lady:"Of course not! I look up to you! I think your amazing! For someone of your age."

Midnight:*Yelling.* "You can act like the blushing ingénue all you want, but you're not that young yourself, you know."

Mt

Mt. Lady:*Yelling.* "All I'm saying is if the older pros try too hard, then the rest of us have to go even further!"

They continue to fight and the camera pans to Io. He's sweating as he's reading the script.

Io:"This isn't in the script."

Midnight/Mt. Lady:"Io!"

Io looks up to the two and they're looking at him, He starts to sweat even more.

Io:'Come on Io, think, how do you calm them down.' *A light bulb appears above his head.*

Io clears his throat.

Io:"I think we should put tape across the room and Midnight gets one side and Mt. Lady gets the other."

Then to pens hit him hard in the head and he falls to the ground.

Midnight/Mt. Lady:"Baka!"

Later.

The camera opens up to 1-A classroom as the school chimes. Aizawa and Io are at the front of the class.

Aizawa:"All Right. That's it for class today. There's only one week left before your final exams begin. I'm sure you're all studying constantly, right? Don't forget to keep training. The written exam is only one element. There's also the preaticle portion to worry about." *He walks out of the room.* "Good luck."

Mina/Denki:"I've barely even taken nore this semester!"

Mina/Denki:"I've barely even taken nore this semester!"

Mina laughs are Denki freaks out.

Denki:"And with the sports festival and internship, I didn't have time to read the textbook."

The camera moves over to Tokoyami who got 14th place on the Midterm.

Tokoyami:"It's true that we haven't had very much free time lately."

Then the camera moves over to Sato, who got 12th on the Midterm, and Koda, who got 11th on the Midterm.

Sato:"We'd barely learned anything when we took our midterms so they didn't seem all that hard, but I'm kinda worried about these. We've been through a lot, and they probably won't pull any punches when it comes to testing."

Then the camera moves over to Mineta.

Mineta:"As someone ranked in the top ten, I'm not that concerned." 

Denki/Mina:"What?! You were ninth in the midterms?!"

Mina:"Aw, man, and here I thought you were one of us!"

Denki:"Don't you know weirdo little creeps like you are only likable if they're kind of stupid?! Who's going to love you now?!"

Mineta:"Everyone. Trust me."

The camera pans over to Io, who is still at the front of the classroom. He is sitting down in a chair and silently watching the class. Surprisingly no one's notice him yet. Then the camera pans back over to the students.

Izuku"Ashido, Kaminari! We've still got time to study!"

Izuku:"That way, we'll all get to go to the training camp together, Right?"

Izuku:"That way, we'll all get to go to the training camp together, Right?"

Tenay:"Yes!"

The camera moves over to Tenya, who got 2nd on the midterm.

Tenya:*Raises his hand.* "As class rep, I have high hopes that we'll make U.A. proud."

Then the camera moves over to Shoto, who got 5th on the Midterm.

Shoto:"It's pretty hard to fail if you just pay attention in class, isn't it?"

Denki has a depressed aura around him.

Denki:"Why you gotta cut me down like that

Denki:"Why you gotta cut me down like that...?"

Then the camera moves over to Momo.

Momo:"Hey, don't worry about it, you two, I can catch you up to speed on the important topics, if you want

Momo:"Hey, don't worry about it, you two, I can catch you up to speed on the important topics, if you want."

Mina/Denki:"You're the best, Yoa-Momo!"

Momo:"I'm afraid I won't be any help when it comes to the practice, though

Momo:"I'm afraid I won't be any help when it comes to the practice, though."

Then Jiro walks up to Momo. She got 7th on the Midterm. 

Jiro:"I've been studying, but... could you help me out, too?" *She holds up notebook.* "I'm having some trouble understanding quadratic functions."

Momo:*Looks up to her.* "Really?"

Sero then walks up and puts his hands together. He got 17th on the midterm.

Sero:"Tutor me, please! Classical, Japanese is killing me!"

Momo:"Ah.."

Then Ojiro walks up. He got 8th on the Midterm.

Ojiro:"Is there room for one more? I'm afraid I'm falling behind a little."

Jiro/Sero/Ojiro:"Pretty please?"

Momo gasps.

Momo:"This is wonderful!" *Sands up and puts her arms up

Momo:"This is wonderful!" *Sands up and puts her arms up.* "Yes, let's do it!"

Group:"All Right!"

Momo:"Okay, then. We can hold a study session at my residence over the weekend."

Mina:"Seriously?! I can't wait to see your fancy digs!"

Momo:"Oh! I must call Mother and have her prepare the great hall for us to set up; it'll be the perfect spot

Momo:"Oh! I must call Mother and have her prepare the great hall for us to set up; it'll be the perfect spot. What kind of tea does everyone like? I'll have her make sure we're stocked."

Momo:"In may family we always drink Harrods or Wedgwood, so if you have any other preference, let me know! When we're finished, you'll all be model students! I'll make it my personal duty to push you forward

Momo:"In may family we always drink Harrods or Wedgwood, so if you have any other preference, let me know! When we're finished, you'll all be model students! I'll make it my personal duty to push you forward."

Denki:"About that tea-- I'm not so sure about the hairy one."

Momo:"No--It's from Harrods."

Io then appears next to Jiro and Denki.

Io:"I like Da Hong Pao tea."

Momo:"Oh, that's an expensive one, But I'll make sure we'll have it."

Denki:"Wait, Io!"

Jiro:"When did you get here."

Io points to the chair at the front of the classroom.

Io:"I never left."

The camera moves over to Kirishima, who's talking to Bakugo. Kirishima got 15th on the Midterms.

Kirishima:"Sounds like I should be studying with her."

Then the camera moves down to Bakugo, who got 3rd on the Midterm.

Bakugo:"You think I don't know enough?!  Maybe I should beat the lessons into your skull!"

Kirishima:"I'm counting on it."

Then the camera moves over to Aoyama and Shoji. Shoji got 10th on the midterm.

Aoyama:"Hah. Everyone's panicking right now, but it won't do them any good to cram this late in the game."

Shoji:"Shouldn't you be more concerned? You didn't do very well in the midterms

Shoji:"Shouldn't you be more concerned? You didn't do very well in the midterms."

Aoyama looks over to Shoji.

Aoyama:"Are you talking about moi? I did just fine, thank you."

Later.

It's lunch time and Shoto, Tenay, Izuku, Ochaco, Tsuyu and Hagakure are all at a table. Io's is a little ways down the table.

Izuku:"I'm kinda scared about the practical. I have no idea what it's gonna be."

Tenya:"Hard to believe they'd give us anything too crazy."

Izuku:"The written exam questions will all be stuff from class so...I should at least be able to do those."

The camera moves over to Ochaco, who got 13th on the Midterm.

Ochaco:"Do you really think it's going to be that simple?"

Izuku:"It's driving me nuts. I just wanna know what they'll have us doing."

The camera moves over to Hagakure, Who got 16th on the midterm and Tsuyu, who got 6th on the midterm.

Hagakure:"It's a comprehensive test of everything we learned this year."

Tsuyu:"Yup, and that's about all we could get Mr. Aizawa and Mr. Io to tell us."

Io hums and nods.

Ochaco:"Okay, so them it'll cover combat training and rescue training. Oh, and basic training."

Izuku:"We can't just study--we have to stay in great Physical shape--" *The Izuku is elbowed in the back of the head.*

Monoma:"Oh, sorry. You're head's so big that it's hard to miss."

Izuku:"You're from Class 1-B. Um... Monoma, right? That really hur--"

Monoma:"I heard you guys stumbled across the Hero Killer." *Izuku gasps.* "Just like in the sports festival, Class 1-A isn't happy unless they're the center of attention. But you do realize you're not in the spotlight because people think you're good heroes, right? It's just that you keep getting into so much trouble and are being trained by Io. Here's food for thought: Someday, the rest of us might get caught up in your mess, and then we'll all become unwitting victims as well. What kind of horrible villains will you bring down upon us? What demon--"

Kendo chops him on the side of the head, hard. And he falls to his knees.

Kendo:"That's not funny, Monoma. You heard what happened to Iida! Chill out!"

Tenya:"Kendo."

Kendo:"I apologize for him. I'm pretty sure there's a hole where his heart should be."

Izuku looks at Monoma horrified.

Izuku:'I think he's out!'

Kendo:"Mm. So I was listening... I know you're all worried about what's going to be on the big final practical. I heard it's gonna be combat against robots, like the entrance exam."

Ochaco:"Huh?"

Izuku:"What? Really? How do you know that?"

Kendo:"One of my friends who's a few grades up filled me in. I know. Cheating. But oh, well."

Izuku:"No, I don't think so." *Izuku starts to mumble.*

Izuku:"I'm sure gathering information ahead of time is also part of the test

Izuku:"I'm sure gathering information ahead of time is also part of the test. I definitely should've found an upperclassman to ask. Darn it, why didn't I think about that before?"

Monoma:"What kind of idiot are you, Kendo? You just gave away our whole strategic advantage! This was our chance to finally pull ahead of that class full of idiots." *Kendo chops the back of his neck.*

Kendo:"They're not idiots!" *She drags him away.*

Izuku:"She's like their class's big sister, huh?"

Then Izuku looks over to Io.

Izuku:"Mr. Io, what did you face in your exam?"

Io stops mid noodle slurp and looks over to Izuku.

Io:*Mouth full of food.* "We faced a bunch of upgraded Zero Pointers."

Izuku:*Horrified.* "Really."

Io swallows his food.

Io:*Shrugs.* "It wasn't hard. I just cut their heads off."

Ochaco:'You make it sound easy.'

Later.

All the teachers are in a meeting room. Io is sitting next to Nezu.

Nezu:"With the connection between the Hero Killer Stain and the League of Villains, it's possible criminals everywhere will become much bolder."

Snipe:"It'd be best if we could start preparing for that before it happens. As a school, we should be taking every precaution. If fights against villains are gonna continue to intensify in the future, then having the kids train against robot ain't practical. Originally, we used 'em to avoid complaints about people getting injured in the entrance exams, but they're just not challenging enough."

Aizawa:"We can ignore the complaints. Let people say whatever they want."

Midnight:"tis sounds like it could be problematic."

Cementoss:"I understand why you want to change the exam, but having students fight us? Even if they're in teams of two, is that a good idea?"

Thirteen:"Yeah. I think it's a bit unfair."

Present Mic:"If we win too easily, we won't be able to give them actual grades, yo."

Io:"But how else would they learn. They've already faced real villains. Robots are nothing compared to Villains."

Snipe:"Of course, we could take that into consideration and give the students an advantage."

Aizawa:"Principle, what are you thinking?"

Nezu:"I believe I agree. We need to change the practical exam to reflect the current times. How do we ensure the students aren't put in life-threatening situations? The answer is simple. We must push them. We make sure that they're as strong as possible."

Midnight:"That makes sense."

Thirteen:"I agree."

Aizawa:"Right, then let's talk about the teams. First, Todoroki. He's doing quite well generally speaking, but relies too much on brute force. And Yaoyorozu is an all-arounder, but lacks the ability to make spur-of-the-moment decisions and apply them. Therefore, I'll erase their Quirks and take advantage of their weaknesses."

Teachers:"Sounds good."

Aizawa:"Next, for Midoriya and Bakugo, I'm leaving them to you, All Might. In this case, I didn't pair the two of them up based on ability or class work. I went with relationships. I know you've got a soft spot for Midoriya. Please ensure that they learn something."

Io:"I'll set up the arena's."

Teachers:'OKay."

The camera zooms out to show U.A. then goes black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11-11-2021

2379 words.

0