Ch.3 And now we wait…
59 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" nobody else has touched the chest have they?" Catia asked Gale and Shezora

"Not that we know of. After what happened to you most didn't want to have anything to do with it and leave it with the bandit camp. anything magical is a headache at best of times." Shezroa responded

"where is it?"

"just outside had its own little lean-to thrown together for it. didn't want it close to, well anything."

Catia extended a hand to Shezora "help me up would you"

Shezora face visibly darken at the question "your not going to touch that thing again are you? after what it did to you the first time? Gods only know what it will do to you a second time!?" Catia's hand hand dropped down to resting on her legs "just wait for the mage to get here and look at the damn thing, a day or two. it not like the chest is going anywhere..."

Catia knew Shezora was right but something just gnawed at the back of her mind. how the hell did a bunch of no name, nothing bandits get a chest like that and the images she saw were like her nightmares 14 years ago when Jay had first picked her up all those years ago. she hated that feeling she forgot something because it could be nothing and more often then on it is but it could mean life or death in this line of work.  

Shezora spoke again "besides you have work to do, with Ray not here your the only one that can read and understand her mess that we call our ledger. it needs to be updated before we add in this months payment to make sure were still in the black. Gale will get you our current provision and repairs required. I'll get you current head count and any miscellaneous expanses."

" I know what your trying to do." Catia was unamused at Shezora idea of a distraction.

"then let it happen besides not like there's much else you can do in your current state." Shezora said with a toothy grin taking a cheap jab at Catia.

" Careful or you'll find my foot up your ass you OLD HAG." Catia had enough on her mind and didn't need Shezoras prodding

"I'm sure you would love to shove something up my ass" she says in response before turning to leave putting just a bit of sway in her step to emphasize her point and tight ass. Catia could only roll her eyes in response before refocusing back to Gale who had been standing there the entire time waiting to be dismissed to his duties and Catia did so. With the two gone Catia released another exaggerated sigh before looking down at herself.

"just make it though a few days and you'll be fine..." Catia whispered to herself releasing a stuttered and shaky breath "just a few days..." Catia would often clench a fist then release it when in a tense situation's. this is without a doubt a tense situation as magic is an odd existence in Britannia such that while anyone could theoretically do it, magic requires time, knowledge and money... a lot of money. money for the components for spell to be casted and all spells have a cost. from the smallest of tricks to leveling a town in a blink of an eye it all has a cost. that's why you won't find mages except for a few places by a nobles side, in their academy where they are trained, and in cults backed by wealthy sympathizers. the time to cast spells also means that they aren't meant for open combat except in pre-battle buffs for the most part. there are exceptions to this dubbed battle mages that inscribe spells on their person, not in ink or paint but in scared flesh as a way to get around having to chant spells. few follow such a path do to its inherent suffering and the limited space on the body means limited number of spells and they are permanent. battle mages also must still carry components on their person for the spells so they are never alone as they often carry various items ranging for semi-precious gems to rare materials. so how Catia had changed so drastically with no clear price being paid or spell casted has her on edge. 

Catia knew that shezora was trying to distract her mind from this train of thought as it would accomplish nothing. there was just not enough information for those that don't understand magic. Catia sighed before stopping half way "I've really been sighing a lot lately..." sigh "fuck..."

after a few minutes of siting on the stool Catia began to get restless it maybe only for a few days doesn't mean that Catia is going to sit here the entire time because of her new feet. "Gwyn you still out there!" Catia yelled at the tent flap and within a second or two the elf head from before popped in.

"did you need something commander?" Gwyn asked inquisitively

"could you go get me a crutch for the medical tent?"

"I'll be back in a sec"

Gwyn is a bit of a odd elf compared to most if not all her kin. elves as a whole are a long lived race that supposedly can live for upwards of two or three hundred years with little to no chance of disease. the only thing really keeping them from living that long is if something or someone cuts that life short. do to this they keep to their own tribes never to wander from their homes and all outsiders are not welcome. Gwyn however was taken by a strange sense of wanderlust that had brought her out of her home to explore the world... or so she says. Gwyn returned with what is little more then a few sticks wrapped together entering the tent to give it to Catia.

Gwyn is five foot eleven inches (180 cm) with a willowy figure. the first thing you notice about her is her ears, all elfs have long pointed ears the length of their ears similar in length if you measured from their jaw to the top of their heads. except for Gwyn's ears are cut back almost covered by her long auburn hair. she has a cute face with blue eyes and dark chocolate skin. she wears a tunic to cover her B-cup chest and a pair of short brown pants that cover just her private area and a bit of her thigh. a pair of iron daggers are sheathed just above her small butt.        

so something about me personally is that while I'm all for the perfect figure and naturally beautiful face but for some reason I like scar's I think its because they carry a story. some proudly shared and other not so much but a story none the less, now given what I'm trying to write about scars will be unavoidable I'm not going to give every character scars but you get the idea. I also have never met a truly scarred person so I likely romanticized the idea in my head.

   

     

     

 

   

        

  

 

 

     

 

2