Survival
143 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Elliot climbed off the bed dragging his bruised body over to the toilet. He cleaned himself up then walked back to the room and got dressed. He walked out of the suit and heard low growls coming towards him.

He quickly darted off down the hallway and crashed into one of the zombies. He instantly froze and looked down at the thing that landed on the floor. It was struggling to get back up and before it was standing Elliot was gone.

The hairs on his back were standing up. ‘Where the fuck is Michael? And why are there so many zombies in this place?’

His plan was to find Michael so that he could get some fresh air but now, he was running up instead of down. Those damned zombies were everywhere except upstairs.

When he finally reached the last floor, he saw that on the door it was written, ‘Office.’ He opened the door and the smell of iron was terrible. He quickly covered his nose and as he walked in.

Crunching sounds came from one corner of the ‘office.’ He thought there must be a zombie in here, feeding and his first thought was to dart off but heard, “We’re next.”

Elliot frowned. He walked in towards the sound and saw two males tied up against the wall watching Michael eat another. He crossed his arms over his chest and asked, “What the fuck are you doing?”

Michael’s head snapped up, his face was covered with blood and he had intestines hanging from his mouth.

“Please, please help us, he’ll kill us,” one of the men said.

Elliot looked over at him then at his friend and back to Michael and asked, “So you get to eat but I don’t?”

Michael looked down at the body he was eating from and dug inside the body. He pulled out the heart then the kidney then liver and said, “I saved these for you.”

Elliot pulled his face disgusted and asked, “Why the fuck would you give me that?”

Michael stood up, saying, “I’ve thought about it. I think the reason my child did not survive was because you were still eating human food. She was half human, half ‘zombie’ but nothing was keeping her alive.”

Elliot looked at the heart in his hand as he thought about it and it made sense,  he walked over to him and knelt down. His eyes started to burn as he thought of the infant from the other day thinking, ‘I don’t want my baby to die.’

He placed his hands on his stomach and asked, “Do you really think this will work? I don’t think I can live with another still born.”

Michael shook his head, “There is only so much I can think. I don’t know what was the cause but for me to stay alive I need to eat and it is the same with you.”

“But this is cannibalism,” Elliot mumbled.

“Its survival,” Michael said and tore a piece of the heart off for him and forced it in his mouth.

The taste was just so awful, but he did not feel like throwing up. He accepted the heart in his palms and started eating it. The meat was a little too tough for him, but he ate it, chewing and tearing at it like a zombie himself.

“Aren’t you human? Why are you eating our friend?!” One of the men yelled.

Michael’s head snapped in his direction and he growled at him. The man instantly shut up and closed his eyes.

Michael turned back to Elliot who was still eating the heart and said, “If you are going to eat the humans you need to eat quickly especially when you are on the streets. The other, especially the first generation will trample over you and crush you to get your food. The organs last about a good ten minutes then it’s just dead flesh slowly rotting.”

Elliot nodded his head and asked, “What about keeping it in the fridge?”

“What is that?” Michael asked.

Elliot looked at him then shook his head, “For something that knows a lot, you don’t know anything about the human world or maybe you just forgot?”

“Why don’t you eat up and we’ll talk later?” Michael asked and went back to eating.

Elliot was halfway done with the liver when he looked at Michael and asked, “What are you going to do with the other two?”

“Save them for food,” he answered nonchalantly.

“But you can’t kill them!” Elliot protested with his mouth stuffed.

Michael smirked saying, “You did not complain while eating those, you seem to be enjoying it.”

He stood up saying, “That is different, they are still alive.”

“Are you full?” Michael asked.

“Yes, why?” He asked.

He grabbed the unfinished liver and started eating it. He looked at Michael then looked around and asked, “Where is the vault?”

“There is no money, if that is what you want,” Michael answered.

Elliot’s face sank and he asked, “What would a zombie need the money for?”

“To purchase something,” he said.

4