Prologue 2 – After the Explosion
699 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I woke up, a part of the previous greenish scenery of the forest has been destroyed and nothing was left behind. I was injured on every parts of my body and my blood was slowly dripping from my forearms. I try to stand up but it was useless, my bones were fracturated.  In a low voice I say, "So it's useless... Is this the end ?"

"Status"

⌈                                                                                                                                                                                 ⌉

    Status:                                                                                             

    Name: Kitsuyume Yuna (Lv.1/40)               Race: One-Tailed Fox-kin

   Age: 5                                                                       Bloodline: Nine-Tailed Fox

   Job: None

   State: Nearly-Death, Broken Bone, Blood Lost

   Title: Fallen Princess

   Stats:

 Hp: 5/600              Mp: 150/150

 Atk: 20                    Def: 20

 Int:50                      Dex: 35

Skills: 

  Equipements:

  None                                                                                None

 Orus, the Invisibility Cape (Legacy Items)        None

 None

    Weapons:

 Bow of the Ancient Time (Equipped)               Quiver (10/100, Enchanted Arrows)

 Enchanted Shortsword    (Equipped)

⌊                                                                                                                                                                                 ⌋

I ran as far as I could to end like this ? In a ⌈ Nearly-Death ⌋ state ? My head is spinning... It is the ⌈ Blood Lost ⌋ ? I don't know where I am now... My consciousness is slowly fading away... Help...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It's warm... and fluffy... What is it ? A bed ? Am I dead ? No. Impossible. I'm still able to feel and smell. It smells so good... Food ? I'm hungry...

"Ara ara~ The sleepy-head is finally awake. How do you feel now ?"

"Did you save me ?"

"Yes, but it is not the right moment now. First take a bite of this, I'm sure that you’re starving."

"Thank you... " she takes a bite then cry " I thought that it would be my last meal... I'm really really thankful miss... Can you tell me the name of my savior ?"

"My name is Himiko and I'm a fox-kin too."

"A fox-kin ?! But I thought that everyone has been slain !"

"And you are right. We are the last of our kin."

"Then how ?!"

"I will tell you the reason later. Not now."

"When will you tell me ?! I need to know ! Then maybe my parents are still alive !"

"Sorry. I can guarantee you that no one has survived besides you."

"How can you be so certain about that ?"

"I already told you. I’ll tell you when the times come. Please trust me, Kitsuyume Yuna . When you will be fully healed I’ll teach you how to fight and survive in this world but for now, you should rest."

"I haven't told you my name yet !"

Himiko chuckle.

"I know everything about you my little fox." then mumble "Because I was watching you since the beginning..."

In tears Yuna said, " Even if we are the last of our kin I'm glad that I'm not alone... It's a relief..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before my departure Himiko told me,

"Yuna, now you are ready to leave this Great Spirit Forest without any fears. You worked hard to become stronger during theses years. With my knowledge and your strength I want you  to hunt down for your final test the apex of this forest, The Spiritual Bear of the Great Spirit Forest, if you succeed I will give you my last present and the answers you wanted when we first met. Believe me it will greatly help you during this long journeys."

"Thank you Himiko, I will be eternally greatful towards you until my last breath. I learnt everything with you. You were like my motherly figure when my parents died 15 years ago. One day, I will surely repay your kindness by avenging our kin."

"Good, with thoses stats you can go without fear.""

⌈                                                                                                                                                                                 ⌉

    Status:                                                                                             

    Name: Kitsuyume Yuna (Lv.35/40)               Race: One-Tailed Fox-kin

   Age: 20                                                                       Bloodline: Nine-Tailed Fox

   Job: Mystical Archer

   State: Excited

   Title: Fallen Princess

   Stats:

 Hp: 15000/15000              Mp: 5000/5000

 Atk: 700                     Def: 500

 Int:1200                     Dex: 1000

Skills: 

⌈ Elemental Arrows (Lv.3)⌋ ⌈ Mystical Shot (Lv.2)⌋ ⌈ Spirit Trail (Lv.4) ⌋  ⌈ Disarm (Lv.2) ⌋ 

⌈ Anatomy Vision Lv.3 ⌋  ⌈  Focus (Lv. 3) ⌋ 

Passive Skills:

⌈ Acrobatics (Lv.4)⌋  ⌈  Odorless (Lv.3) ⌋   ⌈ Bloodlust Reduction (Lv.2) ⌋  ⌈ Bow Profiency (Lv.4) ⌋ 

⌈ Shortsword Mastery (Lv.4) ⌋  ⌈ Trap Sensivity (Lv.2) ⌋  

Race Skills:

⌈ Disguise (Lv.1) ⌋  ⌈ Charm (Lv.1) ⌋

  Equipements:

  None                                                                                None

 Orus, the Invisibility Cape (Legacy Items)        None

 None

    Weapons:

 Bow of the Ancient Time (Equipped)               Quiver (75/100, Enchanted Arrows)

 Enchanted Shortsword    (Equipped)

⌊                                                                                                                                                                                 ⌋

 

During the hunt, I was following the bear with my ⌈ Spirit Trail⌋.

Himiko gave me a few hints about his position. To move faster during my hunt, I used my passive skill to improve my agility, it name is ⌈ Acrobatics ⌋ with this I was able to jump from tree to tree and don't waste any time. A little far away the track of my ⌈ Spirit Trail ⌋ stopped. This was the sign that I found my target.

" ⌈ Focus ⌋ !

A voice echoed in my mind.

⌈ Your skill has been successfully activated. ⌋ 

Immediately, my sight was slowly zooming and quickly the shape of a huge bear was slowly showing itself. It was running toward a specific area. In front of the bear I saw another figure,  the figure of a snake of more than 20 meters of lenght. The snake was sliding between the trees and the bushes while hissing loudly toward the bear. The tension was at its climax, theses two kings, the apex of this forest were about to fight a life and death war to expand their  territory. When the two clashed. A huge shockwave occurred.

Just before the first blow a battle cry of the snake and the bear was heard. The bear was the first to strike, its huge claw succeeded to tear apart the back of the snake but it was only superficial, his scales were enough to resist against this strike. With this missed strike the snake took the opportunity to bite the flank of the bear and succeeded to inflict the  ⌈ Poisoned State⌋. In pain the bear fall back, then lets out a loud roar before running toward the snake with a renew will. With his huge maw  he bite on the neck of the snake and was trying to stifle his foe with rage. The snake was struggling, with his tail he whipped the bear head to break free. Each strike was so strong that the bear head was covered in blood. But even with that the bear didn’t give up, he maw the snake even more fiercer.  Without the possibility to breath the snake die without resistance, this fight end with the win of my prey.

Weakened and gravely wounded by his previous fight the Spiritual Bear of the Great Spirit Forest movements were very slow and a lot of blood was falling on the ground. The poison was not helping either... 

"This hunt will be much easier than expected... With this, my quest will be completed. Goodbye mister bear."

⌈ The charge is complete. Please take aim. ⌋ 

" ⌈ Mystical Shot⌋ ! "

Then, a concentrated of magical power flew at high speed toward the bear who was barely alive. The distance between Yuna and the bear was of 100 meters, only a difficult shot for a beginner but a pretty easy shot for a veteran like her. The arrow was of a great precision, she pierce his head without difficulty then get a critical hit that end the life of the bear.

⌈ You got 500% of experience additional !  You levelled up ! ⌋ 

⌈ You levelled up ! ⌋ 

⌈ You levelled up ! ⌋ 

⌈ You levelled up ! ⌋ 

⌈ You levelled up ! ⌋ 

⌈ You are now able to evolve ! Do you want to evolve now ?  Yes/No ⌋ 

Hey ! Aeriaa is here ! This mark the end of the prologue, the next release will be the real chapter and the start of this story. If you like my story please feel free to write a comment and don't hesitate to point any gramatical mistake. Thanks for reading ! I will release the next chapter soon ! Also I will add this poll to let you choose the first companion of our princess ! It will greatly impact the order of the next arc.

 

 

 

 

What specie do you want to be for the first companion of our princess ?
  • Dragonewt Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Vampire Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Beast-kin Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Mermaid Votes: 3 10.3%
Total voters: 29 · This poll was closed on May 24, 2022 12:25 AM.
23