Prologue 1 – The Vengeful Kitsune
1.2k 16 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the deepest part of the Great Spirit Forest.  In a village were every  fox-kin live in harmony.

Today was great day ! A princess was born !  It brings joy for every fox-kin ! When a princess is born within the royalty it means that every single fox-kin will be blessed and potentially evolve. In every part of the city the fox-kin was dancing, singing and celebrating this new era !

In the castle the festivity were even more grandiose and extravagant,  the castle was decorated with flower and ribbon. The castle was entirely white, the sun was reflected on the walls and the joy of her parents could be readen on their face. In the royal chamber the King ask the Queen.

"Dear, how do you feel now ?"

"I'm fine don't worry. I'm just a little tired."

"That's good, then do you have a name for our daughter in mind ?"

"Yes, it will be Yuna, Kitsuyume Yuna."

"It's a nice name, I love it ! Let's see her status."

⌈                                                                                                                                                                  ⌉

    Status:                                                                                             

    Name: Kitsuyume Yuna (Lv.1/40)               Race: One-Tail Fox-kin

   Age: New Born                                                     Bloodline: Nine-Tailed Fox

   Job: Princess

  State: Fine

   Title: Princess of the Fox-kin

 Hp: 100/100                Mp: 50/50

 Atk: 5                    Def: 5

 Int:20                   Dex: 10

Skills: 

  Equipements:

 None                     None

None                      None

None

    Weapons:

 None

⌊                                                                                                                                                                   ⌋

"Her stat for a new born is quite high, dear I think that our daughter will be someone with a great future !"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 years later

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the fifth anniversary in the afternoon the King received a really disturbing news from his scout. At the foot of our wall an army of 30 000 soldier in heavy armor has been scouted. At this news the King face paled then he hit angrily his armrest.

"How is this possible ?! 30 000 soldiers in heavy armor at the foot of our wall ?! We haven't seen or heard anyone around a few minute ago ! On top of that during the birthday of the princess when nobody is ready to fight ! This can't be a coincidence... Then why didn't I sense anything ? No mana pulse nor spirit pertubation ? It's impossible !"

In a hurry the king ask his messager to call every men and soldiers to prepared to fight in an all-out war. 

In front of the throne room, the Queen join the King and ask the reason of his anger, she was trying to soothe his frustration. 

"Dear, why are you so angry ? What happened ?"

"Oh darling... It's over, this kingdom will fall today..."

"What ?! Bu..but why ?"

"An army of 30 000 soldiers is waiting at the foot of our kingdom... There was no sign of  them a few minutes ago, I didn't detect anything till now. Nobody has heard their footstep, sense their mana flow and the spirit hasn't make any ruckus."

"How is it possible ? Even the spirit ?"

"Yes, even the spirit and the war is already lost...We can't win against them, we are 6500 women included against 30 000 soldiers in heavy armor. "

"Dear, please I don't want to see our daughter die"

"I will make it so. I don't want to see her die either."

"What will you do ?"

" I will give her the invisibility cape of the former king. This artefact has been in our treasury for decades now. I will gladly give this item for our daughter."

"Then I will wake her up."

A few minutes later.

"Mom, dad ? Why are you  here ? You were supposed to make a speech right ?"

"Yes, but today we want to talk with you."

"Why so suddenly ?"

"Just listen to us Yuna, listen carefully me, and your dad want to give you our last present."

"Did you just say last ? Why ?"

With a tear on her cheek the Queen say,

"Please, don't ask any question Yuna. Listen, take this cape and wear it until you reach the border of the forest. I will give you my bow and those enchanted arrow with a quiver and dad will give you this enchanted shortsword."

The King add,

"Be strong Yuna and never forget your origins. You are from the proud race of fox-kin and the heiress of our goddess, you are from the royal family of this country ! Even if you flee now come back later, when you become stronger avenge us and make those filthy human pay ! Guards ! Escort our only daughter to the east gate ! This path is not yet blocked ! Hurry !"

"Yes, my Lord !"

"I hope you will become the most beautiful woman and the strongest beast-kin in this world ! Goodbye Yuna, my dear daughter."

"Dad, Mom! Please! Don't leave me alone, I want to be with you two please !"

At the same time the guards takes the princess by her arms and pull her towards the backyard of the castle. The princess was crying and begging the guards to release her. The tears of the princess was heartbreaking, the usual joyful princess and her bright smile that can melt any heart was now long gone. 

"Please ! I beg you ! Let me join my parents ! Please !"

"Princess, please understand them ! Today is the end of the kingdom, and our foes will not let anyone live, it's an all-out war ! Please do it for us ! You will have a bright destiny if you leave now !" 

At the same moment an ear piercing  sound echoed in the entire kingdom, a tremendous spell has been casted, the magical barrier who has repeled every army for more than one century has fallen. At the west gate of the kingdom where the battle was the most intense, the sound of the sword clashing  can be heard from more than 1 kilometers, the flash of the different spells could be seen by every people of the kingdom, it was like a theater of fireworks dancing in the sky.

But overhelmed, the fox-kin army was already in dissaray and the space between the east and west gate was gradually reduced.

"Princess ! We don't have the time to chat now ! Run away as fast as you can before  they catch you. The king told me that the cape that you wears now can turn you invisible. I am really honored that I got the opportunity to bid you our farewell on the name of every fox-kin ! I was happy to be able to serve you till the end ! Hurry run !"

In tears she ran. She ran as fast as she could, without looking behind. 

In a dark path between trees and bush a little girl with white fox tail and silver colored hair was running away. Away of the battlefield, she was going deeper and deeper in the Great Spirit Forest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At my fifth birthday, two large-scaled magics has been unleashed. The first made our magical barrier fall while the second has brought death and chaos upon my country. The power was so dense that even after running very very far away the gust made by this spell sent me 400 meters away from my initial position and brought me in a Near-Death state before I blacked-out. This was the day where I lost my parents, my  kingdom, my people, my title and everything that I love. But it was also the day when I swore on my name to find the culprit and take my revenge for my fellows fox-kin. Until this day I will never forget this part of me. That day was nicknamed the Scarlet Night.

 

23