Chapter 8 – We are not heroes !
442 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

⌈ Congratulation ! The ⌈ Sanguinar Wolf ⌋ has been slain. ⌋

⌈ The rewards will now be distributed according to the participation in this battle. The system will automatically notice the one who got the great prize. ⌋

⌈The ⌈ Scarlet Ring of  Thorns ⌋  was given and bound to Kitsuyume Yuna. ⌋

"Wait, don't expose my name like this Systems-kun~!"

Yuna sight," I hope that no one saw this..."

⌈ Due to some special circumstances a twin of the precedent reward will be created. ⌋

⌈ The ⌈ Azur Ring of  Thorns ⌋ was created. This item will now be given and bound to Bloodstance Alice.⌋

"Wait I got a ring too ? Let's take a closer look !" 

When she take a closer look on her ring a message saying « to Yuna » was engraved on it. This ring was made of silver in the shape of thorns, on top of it a shining lapis lazuli was incorporated.

She thought with a grin on her face, "Wow... This ring is beautiful and very well made and this message makes us really look like an engaged couples..."

When Alice wore it, a pleasant feelings start to move around her body.

 "What is this feeling ? It's like wearing a second skin... I feel so refreshed..."

Coming from behind Alice, Yuna said to her  "Why are you so delighted Alice ?"

Surprised, Alice let out a small cry.

"Sorry, did I scare you Alice ?"

"A little... But I'm okay now. Do you need something ?"

"Not really? I just notice that you were grinning the whole time and I was simply curious..."

"Ah ! It's just that I found the ring that I drop funny. Look ! There is something written on his side."

"Really ? Let me see !"

When Yuna were close enough, their shoulders lightly brushed against each others and her scent was slowly filling her nose. Their eyes met. Carefully, Yuna takes her hand, then smile before getting even more closer to Alice's face, her breath was slowly getting closer. This simple feeling makes Alice's heart race faster and faster. 

She thought, "It is my turn ?" before closing her eyes.

With a giggle Yuna say "The ring is engraved  with "to Yuna" on it how is it possible ? It makes us look like an engaged couples ! It's funny ! Now I want to check my ring too ! Maybe there will be a "to Alice" engrave on it too !"

With this rough answer, Alice return to the reality with a desperate look on her face. "ah... yes... funny..."

"Alice, look ! My ring is engrave with  a "to Alice" too and it's exactly the same as your the only difference with your is the jewel on top of it i have a ruby !"

"oh... wow..."

"Why are you so depressed Alice ! What happen ? Are you injured ? You need help ? Did you lost your weapons ?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that everything is settle down, Yuna and Alice was slowly returning to their inn. When they walk through the gate of Eastfox, they were welcomed like heroes with a wave of applauses. As they moved forward, the crowd slowly parted, creating a path to the guild for them as they cheered. Reaching the Guild the newly-appointed heroes were immediately called by the guild master.

When they open the door, the guild master wasn't alone. Four other people were around the guild master.

"Guild master, can you tell us who are them ?"

"Like always, you go right to the point Alice... So this beautiful elf on my left is named Flora she is the guild master of Woodviolet the Elves's hometown, next to her is Gimdrak a dwarf and the leader of Ashedges the Country of the Innovation. On my right side, here is the Fay Lili, the representative of the country Archadia and also the chief engineer of Archadia. Finally, this airheaded dragonewt next to Lili is my elder sister."

"Oi, Esir can you introduce me correctly ? I'm not only your sister ! I'm also the next queen of our country you know ?"

"For me, you are only an annoying sister..."

"Can you have more respect towards me ? sigh... Anyway, I am Elesis the head of Wyvernhollow, the hometown of Esir and me. As you can see, we want to thank and to congratulate both of you. We, the Great Fives want to bestow you and Yuna, with the ⌈Nightfall Memorial Necklace⌋. With this you will be allowed to travel freely between our five country. You will now be saw as the representatives of our council in the other continents and you will be acknowledged as the heroes of Eastfox !"

For 30 minutes, Elesis was praising, giving the pros of becoming heroes, the great prestige gained from beating a floor boos with only two members, the great leadership of Yuna in this battle, the sync of both two, the reward given to them etc...

Nonchalantly, Yuna says, "You are so annoying Miss Elesis... We don't care much about reward or anything. In Memories Bloom, like our name can tell you, we just want to make as much memories as possible ! And we wasn't alone, the other adventurers was with us too ! We won thanks to everyone's efforts. Now if you excuse us we will now be in our way." before closing the door behind her.

"Such a waste of time..."

"Yuna ? You just send off the five great figures of our continent you know ? It's not really wise..."

"You are right but..." before turning silent.

"She is annoying ? Is that what you was about to say ?"

Yuna nodded her head.

"Well, I agree with you but I just hope that nothing will happen to us now..."

"Sorry..."

Hello ! Aeriaa is here ! I'm proud of myself ! I manage to shorten the delay between chapter 7 and chapter 8 ! I ask for a wave of applause in the comments for your favorite author ! Jokes aside, I hope you enjoy this new chapter. If you enjoy it please like this chapter, because of you all I will be able to gain more visibility  and readers ! Thanks you in advance and see you next time ! Also, I leave you another survey ! Please answer honnestly, it will greatly improve my writing. 

Do you think that my characters are plain right now ?
  • Yes (if yes tell me why and how to step-up) Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No Votes: 3 60.0%
Total voters: 5 · This poll was closed on Jul 5, 2022 07:05 PM.
7