A Deal
1.6k 0 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Thanks for the support, Byakoo!

"Here's the fake identity that you wanted," said Allmight as he dropped a stack of paper on top of the table with a small card written 'Zhang Yu' on it. When he asked someone to help him forge this document, he had also asked them to search for any information on him, background check so to say. But what he got back was nothing but disappointment. There wasn't anyone named 'Zhang Yu' that fits the given description that he knew about the man. There was no history behind him as if he had just appeared a few days ago, his record is clear like any newborn baby.

"Mhm," that was the only thing he said while reviewing the document. His name is still Zhang Yu, but his home address and his parent's name were changed to some random location and people. Though he understood this isn't his real identity, he somehow feels a bit dejected. 

Either way, now that he has a document of his identity, he could finally put forth his plan. First of all, he needs money, a lot of them. He could exchange another world jewelry, or he could sell some of his 'precious' pills to Allmight—rather, to people who backed him. 

Although Pro Heroes is a very lucrative job, it also has its very own risks. If they are injured, it would take them a long time of break for it to heal naturally if they didn't have anyone with such useful quirk within their group/company, especially on a smaller scale. They couldn't afford to hire someone with a highly sought quirk, so they could only resort to going to the hospital as not everyone wanted to become Pro Heroes, even so, it is just as expensive.

Although almost 90% of the population were born with a quirk, not all of them would be usable in the Pro Heroes scene. Some choose to become firefighters if their quirk is water-based, but not all of them were given choice to choose to begin with. For example those with quirks are more likely for a villain to have; no matter where they go, people would subconsciously be wary of them—it's just how it is.

Though quirkless suffer more injustice in a world of quirks, that didn't mean the other would live off free either. Each has their own story to tell, the hardship they suffer, nothing in life is free of pain.

Although initially it wasn't his plan to interfere too much with the story as the least amount of disturbance, the least for him to burden. But after seeing and recalling how the quirkless young boy was treated by the people in general, the idea just popped in his head. 

He isn't a Nameless Hero that would help everyone in need. He learned it the hard way in the cultivation world that kindness, often times, could also lead to a more heavy consequence. If they are worthy people out there, he wouldn't mind teaching them the way to cultivation. But before that though, he would need a base, and Allmight's apartment is certainly not one of them.

So right away, he stored the document in a void before standing up and ready to leave, but was stopped as Allmight called out to him, "Where are you going?" No matter how many times he sees it, he still couldn't get used to the fact that his hand will randomly disappear midway, the person himself said it was some sort of storage within the void but Allmight couldn't put his head around it. It sounds too questionable even though they live in a world of super.

"Oh, it's nothing much. I'll need to pay you back for giving me a place to stay so I'll be exchanging some of the jewelry I had with me," he said as a matter of fact. Most of the jewelry he had was what one would use for alchemy matters, so he will be selling only a few of them since he didn't know when he might need them in the future. Plus, it's also for his own sake. If he were to sell a lot of remarkable jewelry, there might be some annoyance following his tail.

After living so long in the cultivation world where every step he took, a hurdle will follow suit with some annoying young master that seems to have something stuck in their asses. That must be why they always appeared irritated and immediately get furious over something so little as well. So it would be nice if he could have a bit of a rest, though, this world might not be the best choice there is.

"No, you don't need to," the latter responded, but Zhang Yu clearly knew he was going to say that as he walks to the front door while ignoring the number 1 hero protest in the back. Allmight eventually gave up when he realized he was ignored and simply went back to his seat to relax.

...

"Thank you for choosing our humble store, Sir! Here, let me show you the way out," said the owner of the Jewelry Store with a business smile on his face. Just like the stereotype in most fictional stories, the owner was quite bigger than average and he would often be seen wiping his sweat off with a handkerchief as if he was in a sauna, but truth to be told, he was in his own store with an air conditioner on. Rather than sweat due to the poor weather, he was sweating due to his disability. He couldn't help but recall a few moments earlier.

The moment Zhang Yu walks into the store, the attendants only look at him out of curiosity but when they saw his casual outfit, they immediately lost all interest. Although he is good-looking, they didn't believe he come into the store for a big business deal as judging by his choice of clothes, that didn't seem to be the case, at least that was what most of the attendants were thinking.

While no one seems to want to deal with him, one of the few attendants with superior looks glance at him with a strange gaze before she suddenly walks toward him before greeting with a business smile on her face, "On which occasion do kind Sir have grace his presence to this humble store?"

Zhang Yu only responded with two words, "a deal," so he says but it was loud enough for everyone in the store to hear him. They all looked at him with a peculiar gaze as if they are looking at an ignorant person. When the attendant who greeted him looked at him with a questionable look, he didn't continue and simply remain silent and calm. She openly sighed as if resigning to some difficult choice before she leads him to a private room and he quietly followed right behind her.

Chapter 13 is out on my Patreon

48