Encounter
1.4k 4 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Thanks for the support, Byakoo and Eric!

After leaving the Jewelry Store, he decided to settle a few things while he was already outside. First thing first, he needs to get a smartphone. It is a much-needed item, especially in this age of information. In the other world, they do have some kind of Spiritual Tool to send and receive messages, and that's the only thing it could do. The smartphone on the other hand, you could do many things with it. Now that he is back to the modern age, he really needs it.

He only needs to walk a few blocks away from the Jewelry Store, then he found what he was looking for, an Orange smartphone store. He saw the store when he walked past it before, now he can finally enter with the intent of purchasing one. 

"Welcome to the Orange store, the best smartphone company in the world, good Sir! How may I help you?" The receptionist immediately inquire him with a business smiles the moment he walked toward the reception side. He was glancing around the store, he recalled there was once such a company in his old world too, but it uses a different fruit as its name. But overall, there wasn't anything different other than the name.

"I need the latest smartphone please, oh also, do inform me of the specification of the device too." 

"Your request has been heard, please wait for a while," the receptionist left his spot for a bit until he return a few minutes later with a device in hand. "This is our latest and proudest work, it has the fastest chip known in the world with a very optimized system included! Most of all, even Pro Heroes such as Allmight, Endeavor, and many other outstanding Heroes even bought them and have been their daily driver! It only prices at $80k(YEN), a very affordable price if I do say so!"

With his divine sense, he could easily see through the device and saw every component in it. But the problem is, he couldn't understand what each component called, yet he understood it was an amazing craft ever created by mankind. "What about the specification?"

"It comes with 12GB of RAM and 500GB of internal storage with an empty slot for external storage that can go as high as 1TB! Of course last but not least, it also used our latest chip called M14!"

He was surprised internally, he couldn't believe the world had developed such big storage for a small device. The last he remembers was only around 128GB of internal storage and 6GB of RAM. What even is TB? And the company actually approved the use of external storage? The company from his old world had long removed that option so there's only internal storage. The company of this world is truly kind in that regard.

Although he didn't know if what the receptionist said is true, he decided to trust the worker since he could just return if he got the wrong device, or possibly tricked. By then, hopefully the worker will still be alive the same as he is. Perhaps the latter somehow sensed his chilling thoughts as the worker could feel the chill going through his body as he quickly observes his surrounding with an alarmed expression, but he slowly calmed down when he couldn't find the reason for the sudden chills.

"Thank you for your purchase! Have a nice day, Sir!"

"You too."

"???"

After leaving behind a confused receptionist and exiting the store, he suddenly heard heavy footsteps heading his way so he turned right to look at the incoming people. What he saw was a young dirty-ash-blond girl with a strange black mask covering her mouth as she escaped followed by a small group of people in a strange getup, most likely Pro heroes. She seemed no younger than a high school student, but the fact that the Pro Heroes were chasing after her must be because she was a villain.

She seemed familiar to him, but he had never met or seen her before so she was most likely from his old memories. But he was disappointed that he couldn't quite recall those memories as it had long grown faint, he could only recall the beginning part of the story as everything else apart from that is useless. 

When she ran past him, she only glance at him with her bright yellow eyes for a moment before she looked away and disappeared out of his sight. He was quite interested in what he witnessed but if he were to dwell deeper into it, the peaceful life that he so cherished might disappear. She doesn't appear like someone needing any help to escape from the Pro Heroes judging by her calm attitude, so he will also refrain from prying deeper into her case since he quite enjoys his current circumstance.

Now that he bought himself a smartphone, it's time for him to find a good house or apartment to rent. He wouldn't mind renting somewhere near Allmight's apartment, but it might be more costly than his assumption. Though, it never hurts to see if there's any room available. To further his goal, he needs Toshinori's help so it will be good if the latter is within reach if he ever required his presence.

Meanwhile, back to the Jewelry Store...

"Haaa...What a dangerous fellow that is," Hiroshi commented when he recalled the tall figure in his mind. The man claimed to be quirkless, but there's no way he would believe that. First of all, the fact that he called such a precious piece of jewelry junk means he must have much better jewelry than that necklace. At that time, he could see a priceless expression on his daughter's face. Though, he must have the same expression on his face judging on the fact that the man laughed when he looked at both of them. 

Anyway, his reasoning for selling the necklace was such an obvious reason, at least to him. Since it was collecting dust in his storage, he don't see any other reason for not selling it. It was apparent to Hiroshi that the man must have been in needed of money. But how could someone with such a precious treasure be poor? Everything to his story seems inconsistent, it's almost like he just appeared out of nowhere alongside precious treasures with him. He must have his own reasons, something that he can't tell others so he had to fake it. After all, what are the chance that he is an alien?

Chapter 16 is out on Patreon!

44