Practice Target
1.1k 5 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Thanks for the support, Byakoo and Eric!

"Are you sure this is a basement? It's so spacious!" Midoriya looked around with glitter in his eyes, clearly amazed. His once thin body now appears more refined with muscle. If the previous image of him gives off that of a frail kid, then the current him is entirely different—he appears a lot more confident with clear fair skin. He used to have blemished on his face, but after experiencing what Zhang Yu called the 'Cleansing Process,' it disappeared. No wonder the latter said the process will be magical.

"Well, it wasn't as wide as this when I bought it. I simply renovated it to my best ability if you will," Zhang Yu answered as he lead them toward the center of the basement. When he and the kid speak, their voice reverberates through the basement. There was still a lot of space but at the centermost, it was spread around with training equipment such as treadmill, weight lifting, punching bag, etc. However, there wasn't much decoration. The two look up and notice that the ceiling seems very high, no wonder it takes them an already installed elevator to reach down here.

"So, why are we here?" Midoriya curiously asked. He doesn't know why they were here, only he was told that there will be a surprise for him. So while he waits for their answer, he went near a weight lifting machine to pick the heavy dumbbells near it. Ever since he had been training under Allmight and Zhang Yu, he had developed a bit of habit to ensure his body is always in a good shape, and that is to exercise at every chance he has. 

"Of course it's about you, kid, come here," Toshinori stated as he eyed Zhang Yu right next to him, the latter nodded. Midoriya put down the 10kg dumbbells and steps forward before he stood nervously in front of the two adults. He was starting to feel uncomfortable from the way they stared at him. But then, Zhang Yu took a small knife out of thin air and hand it over to All might, which the latter in turn, look at the kid before he leaves a small cut on his palm as blood start leaking.

"Allmight?!" Midoriya exclaimed, he was both surprised and dumbfounded. But what comes up next shock him even more. The blood that started leaking from the cut couldn't even touch the floor before it began to rise and float like a ball. It swirled around in the air as if it has the intention of not wanting to waste any blood at all. Maybe they think it was enough, so Allmight takes the white pill on Zhang Yu's palm and swallows it. And in a few seconds, the skin on the cut slowly close up until there wasn't even a sign—a scar left on his hand as if he hadn't just cut his palm.

Midoriya stares at them with his eyes wide, he really wasn't expecting such a spectacular sight. Without a word, Toshinori turns his head toward the person to his right, and the latter smiles in response before he took a step forward. 

"Open up your mouth, kid," he calmly instructed Midoriya with the floating ball of blood following his movement. It was just as the latter dreaded, the time has come. Whatever was about to occur from now on has something to do with him, yet he couldn't comprehend the real reason behind it.  

"To inherit my quirk, you first need to consume my DNA," understanding the young boy must have been confused by the sudden event, Toshinori explained. 

"I initially only plan for you to eat a strand of my hair, but this guy told me that my blood could speed up the process and a whole other thing I couldn't pick up."

"Exactly, blood holds much more DNA than a strand of hair. The more blood, the better," Zhang Yu nodded his head in agreement. Hearing his words filled with confidence, Midoriya decided to trust him since he seems like he knows what he's going to do. So hesitantly, he opens his mouth.

"Mm, now prepare yourself," with a wave of his hand, the floating ball of blood directly flew into Midoriya's mouth as the latter promptly swallowed when he felt something in his mouth. He could taste a bit of iron in the blood that almost makes him barf, fortunately, he was able to hold himself back.

"..."

"Umm, that's it?"

Midoriya was expecting to feel some pain or just anything to imply that he did inherit the quirk, but unexpectedly, there wasn't anything like that. Aside from the taste of blood, there wasn't any other reaction from him. 

"What, you think you'll go 'uooooh! This is power!'?"

"Uh, I didn't mean it like that, hehe" now that he thinks about it, that sounds embarrassing if it happens. 

"You need a bit of time to let your body process it, so in the meantime, why don't you exercise with the equipment over there?"

"Okay!"

...

"Now then, it's been 3 hours since, the quirk should finally take effect by now, let's test it."

"Yes!"

Finally, the time he has been waiting for has arrived. He still doesn't feel anything different, but if it's come from Zhang Yu, it must be true, so he thought. Midoriya is clearly excited, the signature moves Allmight did as a Pro Hero, all emerged in his head. He couldn't wait to try it himself.

"Now before we began, we need to know your body limit, and what I have here," he then displayed within his palm were the same pills that Allmight had used before, though, it wasn't as magical as the one that can even regenerate a new organ, "Pills with healing property, so you can go all out since this is your first time, remember though, there will be pain."

"Okay. But how am I going to do this?"

"I got that covered," he replied as he calmly steps forward and stood before Midoriya, "I'm your practice target."

Chapter 24 is out on Patreon!

37