Chapter 3: That escalated quickly…
236 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Chapter 3: That escalated quickly...]

...

One entire week has passed since I have arrived at this nest of Weedles and Beedrills. I have also seen some Kakunas hanging over the trees of this area but... they seem to be asleep most of the time.

Honestly... evolving by eating seems to take a much longer time than I expected... Even after a week after arriving here my level was still 1. I tried fighting some other Weedles to see if the difference was too big for me to overcome and gain experience points while I'm at it... But it was a complete failure...

Saying "twice" as strong as me doesn't really show the real difference in strength, and that's because of all the advantages that come from that "twice" of strength, that made it much more than twice.

That's because not only is their attack stat twice mine, but ALL their stats are. Take a bodybuilder, for example, that guy has colossal strength compared to a normal person, but he might lack speed or flexibility, so there's still a chance of victory by making use of this difference... However, what I'm facing here is a bodybuilder with flexibility, speed, defense, and resistance over the top.

That's completely messed up...

Anyway, it is unnecessary for me to say the results of those battles... Right? Either way, after that, I knew that facing any other pokemon was suicide, as I wasn't even able to face my peers, facing against other predators was completely out of question. It was no wonder that Spearow caught me so easily and was so surprised when he trapped me under his foot, for him, I was the slowest and weakest Weedle he had ever caught.

After that, I just kept eating like a madman until my stomach was on the verge of exploding. Like that, my percentage for reaching level 2 passed from being 13% to 92%. It was no wonder that Pokemon in the wilderness didn't evolve as fast as Pokemon from trainers, battles would only come from time to time, and most of the time they would try to evolve by eating... And even then, they couldn't be able to reach high levels.

Several fortuitous encounters were necessary for Pokemon to become top predators and leaders among their pack. Something that I doubt I had, as I wasn't a protagonist of the sorts and I didn't have a plot armor to protect me from the beasts lurking outside this nest...

For now, all I had left was to eat, eat and eat more. Who knows, maybe I will become the Fattest beedrill in the future. I have many years ahead of me after all...

There were also other pokemon besides Beedrill, Kakunas, and Weedles in this part of the forest. Like Catterpies, Metapod, Ratatas, Nidorans, and many others... Although it was called the Beedrill territory, there were still some other species wandering around this place. 

However, I knew that this wasn't an act of mercy from these Beedrills. They just wanted their food to be inside the territory that they controlled.

It seemed like these Beedrills were on something like a war against the Fearows of the other part of the forest, and they weren't exactly winning...

We had the advantage of being faster at evolving than those birds... Most of the Weedles here evolved at level 7, and then the Kakunas evolved at level 10, thanks to that, most of the Beedrill stats were superior to that of the Spearow's, who needed to reach level 20 in order to reach their last and only evolution. However, we had the problem of type advantage, something that evened the battle a little bit. Making it harder for the Beedrills to kill the Spearows with ease.

Nonetheless, things changed a lot when talking about Fearows. Just one of them was able to bring down several Beedrills, and although we had a number superiority against them, nothing was sure when facing the Fearow Leader.

War was sure to happen at any second, and here I was, still level 1...

*Ñom ñom...*

That's why I have to eat like a madman if I want to get at increase a bit my chances of survival...

I had the poison on the spike coming out of my head, but I doubt I would be able to get near any pokemon without being killed before. Maybe I should plan some kind of trap on which they would not be able to escape nor dodge my attack... Maybe in that way, I would be able to kill any of these Pokemon... Is killing necessary though? I mean, the pokemon from trainers just defeat each other, not killing involved.

I'll have to check that once I'm able to kill a pokemon. For now, I'm the only one who would get killed...

*Bzzzzzzz...!*

"Hmm? What is that sound...?"

°

°

°

The sound of Beedrills buzzing in agitation filled the entire nest. Something had made them upset, and whatever it was, it was obviously not something good.

Soon, many loud cries started coming from the sky like a response to the Beedrills buzzing. However, these cries were the terror of many pokemon all around the forest, as they belonged to the most feared predator of the forest... The Fearows.

"Those shitty birds are coming again!! Prepare for battle!!!"

At that moment, the voice of one of the Beedrills watching over the nest reached the ears of our protagonist. The tone of this Beedrill sounded a lot more agitated than any other time that the little Weedle had heard a Beedrill talk, and no wonder, on the sky, dozens if not hundreds of Fearows and Spearows approached the nest at a terrifying speed.

While the pack of birds continued approaching the nest, soon many other Beedrills joined the swarm of Beedrills flying above the nest and watched attentively the birds arrive. The number of Beedrills above the nest was an absolute terror for someone who fears bugs... No, any human would probably get scared if they got to see the sight of such an enormous swarm brewing above them.

None of the Beedrills looked happy at the situation, no, they were absolutely furious at the sudden attack of the Spearows and Fearows and their thirst for blood was even almost palpable... It seemed like the battle would break out at any second... 

But what worried more our protagonist was not the fact that a war was seemingly about to begin, but instead the words of who seemed to be the leader of Beedrills.

"It seems like those cowardly birds finally decided to send all their warriors in a desperate attempt to win against us. Men, do not fear, today is the day where we will end with their dominance over the southern part of the forest and take over it for our future generations!!!"

""Ohhh!!!""

The Alfa Beedrill was way bigger than any of the nearby Beedrills in the surroundings, it had a more dangerous and savage aura around it and its whole body seemed way tougher than that of its peers around. All in all, This Beedrill gave off the feeling of being the most dangerous creature around the place, a feeling that would make anyone reluctant to even look at it without asking for permission.

Curious about what its status was, Our little Weedle looked into his eyes and opened the status window of the Beedrill Leader.

[No name] LvL: 27

Race: Beedrill

Female

Hp: 100% [Healthy]
-STATS-  
Attack 66
Defense 33
Special Attack 32
Special Defense 54
Speed 52
 Special Skill:  -None-

The Beedrill was probably something akin to a queen, just without the enormous thorax, the responsibility of being the only one to produce eggs, and a lot more aggressive... Just like the other Beedrills.

Our protagonist was scared senseless when he saw the stats of the Beedrill Queen. The difference between him and her was so vast that he could feel how she could trample him with just one move of hers... Having such a presence near you was indeed a bit disturbing... Especially when they were so short-tempered as Beedrills.

Our little Weedle couldn't help but think. "How can simple-minded guys like the Weedles become such savage creatures like Beedrills?"

During his time here, he has seen that although the Beedrills acted caringly towards the Weedles, they were completely different when treating with other Pokemon or even between themselves.

Seeing dozens of battles between the Beedrills for mates or food per day wasn't strange. They took whoever and whatever they wanted, regardless of gender, even if it meant to trample others of their own species. It wasn't even strange for the weakest Beedrills to get violated.

Our little Weedle feared for his own chastity, after all, he still considered himself the most handsome Weedle. What would happen once he became a Beedrill?

Leaving our Protagonist delusions aside, he was still somewhat expectant of watching the fight between such savage creatures like the Beedrills, who seemed to have a numerical advantage, or the Fearows and Spearows, who had the type advantage.

However, as expectant as he was, he was also completely reluctant to stay in the middle of the battlefield just like that.

"Call me when the battle is over!"

Hurrying his crawling, Our protagonist soon went down from the tree on which he was and started fleeing away towards somewhere safe.

*Bzzzzzz...!!*

*Rooooow...!!*

However, before he could manage to find a safe place, the battle soon started as both sides let out battle shouts. All the nearby Pokemon hid wherever they could, as the sounds of battle filled the area.

Cries of pain from the Fearows and Spearows, coupled with muffled buzzings from the injured Beedrills soon reached the ears of our little Weedle. It was like he had entered a warzone from one moment to another.

"Better get out of here before things get more dangerous..." Muttering under his breath, our protagonist soon continued crawling to what seemed like a small hole in a tree.

*Pearow....!!*

However, before he could reach his destination, a pained cry came from above him.

*Bam!!*

Soon, an enormous object fell in front of him and created a small cloud of dust that blocked his vision.

"What is it now?"

Startled by the sudden event, Our protagonist soon retreated several steps back and watched with cautiousness at the enormous figure slowly rise from where it had fallen.

Soon, as the cloud of dust dispersed, what was left in front of him was nothing else but a seemingly injured Spearow looking around confused by the sudden fall.

(I should probably get out of here before he sees me...) That was what the little Weedle thought at that moment. However, as if mocking him, destiny decided to move the Spearow's eyes directly towards the place where our Protagonist was currently hiding.

*Spearooooow!!!* Letting out a furious cry, soon the Spearow moved rapidly towards our protagonist with its eyes filled with murderous intentions.

"Oh come on, I know I'm handsome, but is there really a need to target me specifically?!"

...


 

9