Chapter 4: Where am I supposed to live now?
210 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Chapter 4: Where am I supposed to live now?]

...

"Come on birdie, I taste like shit. Why don't you fight that beedrill over there? He seems pretty tired"

Quickly backing away from the Spearow, he pointed towards a nearby Beedrill that was fighting against two Spearows at the same time with a nervous expression on his face.

However, the Spearow paid no heed to his voice and immediately dashed towards him in order to kill him rapidly. This Spearow was in the middle of a war, and he didn't have time to waste speaking to this weak Weedle.

However, maybe because the Spearow was too worried about the battle around him and not in the Weedle in front of him, soon our protagonist shot a thin and slow shot of string from his mouth straight towards the Spearow.

Luckily, he had at least learned to do this during the past days here. And although it was twice less resistant than the strings of other pokemon, and moved a lot slower towards its objective, it was still a move he could use in moments of need... Like this one.

The string he shot didn't have enough resistance to slow the movements of his opponents, and even less for restraining them like the strongest string shots would do. Not only that, but it was also barely even sticky in the first place. However, maybe because he was lucky or because he planned it all from the beginning, the string shot soon landed on the face of the Spearow and covered it completely, blocking the Spearow's vision in the process.

*Smphrow...!!*

Small muffled sounds could be heard from behind the layer of string shot that covered the Spearow face. Soon, the Spearow panicked when it had his vision blocked and started trying to take off the sticky thing from its face.

Making use of the fact that the Spearow was now slightly blind, he soon ran to somewhere he could hide, as he knew that the Spearow wouldn't take long to take off the string shot from his face.

Luckily for him, soon a Beedrill landed in front of the confused Spearow and attacked immediately. 

*Bzzzzzzz...!!!*

This was a complete war. The chances of the Spearow not getting attacked while having his vision blocked was close to zero, and it was a miracle that our protagonist had not been spotted until now aside from the previous Spearow.

"Spearoooow...!!"

Receiving a dangerous stab on his chest, the Spearow retreated in worry and started flapping its wings without care, trying desperately to fight back against whoever was fighting him.

However, one of the advantages that Beedrills had in this was the poison imbued in their blade/arms. It was incredibly effective even if only a small portion entered your immune system, and thus, now that the Spearow had been already poisoned, his resistance rapidly fell and his consciousness started getting blurry.

Making use of this chance, the Beedrill lunged at the Spearow and started stabbing repeatedly the body of the Spearow without mercy, soon splashing a lot of blood on the ground and making our protagonist gulp in fear while having his stomach revolt at the gruesome sight.

At that moment, a strange screen just like the one from the one of status showed up in front of the little Weedle and notified him of his gain in experience due to the defeat of the Spearow, startling him, and making him open his eyes wide at the surprise.

[You've gained 19 experience points!]
Level UP! +1

Rapidly, he checked up his own status to see his new advance in level.

[No name] LvL: 2 (+1) (95%)

Race: Weedle

Male

Hp: 100% [Healthy]
-STATS-  
Attack 4 (+1)
Defense 3 (+1)
Special Attack 2
Special Defense 3 (+1)
Speed 4 (+1)
 Special Skill:

Infinite Potential (SSS+)

Although delighted by the sight of finally leveling up after so much time, the situation in which he was right now didn't really allow him to be happy for that much. Although he had indeed become stronger, he was still dog shit in the middle of this battlefield and any of the pokemon here could kill him easily without even bothering.

"Maybe I should help a bit from the distance... Escaping from here seems almost impossible for the time being, and if the Beedrills lose, then I could be considered dead as well..."

He could see many other Weedles hiding like him. However, none of them was helping the Beedrills, as they seemed too scared to do so. The situation on the battlefield wasn't looking too great, he could see several Beedrills lying dead on the ground, more at least than the number of dead Spearows and Fearows.

Having a type advantage made much difference after all.

Rapidly, The little Weedle spotted Beedrill fighting against an enormous Spearow, much bigger than its peers. When he checked both of their statuses, he saw that the Beedrill was level 19 while the Spearow was level 16. Even with the difference in levels, the Spearow was gaining the upper hand rapidly through the battle, even he could see that clearly.

Soon, he gathered a small amount of string in his mouth and shot it towards the Spearow while it was distracted fighting!

He missed though.

"Goddamnit... my string-shot moves so slow that it can't even reach the Spearow on time before it moves... How the hell am I supposed to even help these guys? Well, at least it's better than when I was still lvl 1..."

After thinking a bit, he once again gathered some string on his mouth and prepared to shoot it towards the Spearow. This time though, he walked nearer where the two of them were fighting so that he could be able to shoot from less distance than before.

"Please World... Don't abandon me yet..."

[String shot!] 

The string was rapidly shot from his mouth and hit directly the wing of the Spearow, something that startled it as it didn't expect to suddenly receive an attack from Its blind spot. 

However, when the Spearow turned around rapidly to identify the mysterious enemy, it noticed that there was no one from where the attack had come from. Thinking of it as a loose attack from somewhere else, the Spearow turned to look once again at the Breedrill with a grim expression on its face. 

Not only had his speed been reduced by the string shot, but it had also landed directly on his wings, the most important place where he can produce air type attack! However, now that there was string shot on it, the speed, and thus, the potency of his attack had also diminished. 

Although the difference was very small, he was having a fight to the death here! Any disadvantage would be disastrous in this situación, and the Breedrill also knew that perfectly... 

*Bzzzzzz...!*

In just a few moments, the Breedrill had dashed directly towards the side of where the Spearow's slowed wing had been and attacked immediately the Spearow's side without mercy. 

The Spearow dodged the attack but was soon surprised when it noticed that the Beedrill had already appeared next to it as if expecting him to dodge. 

A murderous glint passed through the eyes of the Beedrill, and soon he started barraging the Spearow with stabs using his blade-like hands.

Each of his attacks was aimed directly at the vital spots of the Spearow, and each time it would get hit, the stronger the Beedrill attacks would become after that. 

Finally, when the Spearow was on the verge of fainting, the Beedrill performed his last attack. 

Suddenly, one of his blade-like hands soon acquired a deep purple color and gained an ominous aura around it. 

*Ptchk!*

The sound of meat being pierced soon reached the ears of our protagonist, as he watched the beedrill stabbing the unprotected chest of the Spearow with fury.

*Thud*

"Ro... www..." 

After that, the Spearow fell limp to the ground as foam started coming out of Its beak. 

When our protagonist looked at its status, it saw that it had been poisoned and that Its HP was already about to deplete completely, with only 1 point of HP left. 

A few seconds after that, the Beedrill fought away without wasting more time, probably to engage in another fight. 

At that moment, a small screen appeared in front of him and surprised him greatly. 

[You've gained 59 experience points!]
Level UP! +2

Although he was overjoyed at the sight of gaining two levels in just a moment, he was rather confused as to why he had gotten much more experience than with the first Spearow he helped defeat. However, seeing that this wasn't the time nor the place to ponder about such things, he soon stopped thinking about it and examined his surroundings in case he had been already spotted by a Spearow or Fearow. 

However seeing that there didn't seem to be any danger, he soon entered one of the tree holes and hid there for the time being waiting for the battle to end. 

Unexpectedly, the two string shots from before, and all the persecution with the Spearow from before, had left him completely exhausted, and he doubted he would have a chance of escaping from a Spearow or Fearow in the state he was right now. 

Thus, he lied on the floor and decided to wait. 

°

°

°

A few minutes later... 

-MC POV:

"Eedle?" 

Startled, I let out the strange sound characteristic of a Weedle and looked around me in confusion. 

Suddenly as I tried moving, I felt a sharp pain in my waist... Or what I supposed was my waist... 

"When did I get this thing...?" 

As I looked over, I saw a pretty deep wound that I had not noticed until then, probably due to the adrenaline and the exhaustion I was feeling before... Wait... Did I get asleep in the middle of such a dangerous battlefield? 

Am I crazy? 

But now that I notice it... 

... 

... Isn't it too silent? Wasn't there supposed to be war outside? 

Ugh... I feel super dizzy... How much blood did I lose while sleeping? 

I can't even look at my status without something to see my reflection...  I can just hope I'm not dying... 

Now, what happened outside and why is it so silent? 

*Tap*

As I jumped out of the hole where I was hiding, I widened my eyes and fell on my butt due to the shock. 

*Gasp...!*

In front of me, there were dozens of bodies every where, both from Beedrills and Spearows. 

There were also some Fearows, but they weren't many corpses of them... 

"What happened while I was asleep?"


Sorry for the wait, I'm busy preparing for the university application test, and I'm spending a lot of time there.

Also, I got a job, and I have quite a lot of free time there, so I might write whenever I can.

That's all.

Bye bye

 

8